2018'19 Game 1: Hibernian (A) Sunday 5th August

Andy_P

1 hour ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

Not bad middle to front but a back 3 that has Hartley on the left would result in a few doings. I don’t see how we can confidently go with a 3 without the athleticism of Dunne. 

Aye it's definitely not a long term solution and there's still a good chance we get ruined on Sunday.  But I don't think we're as threadbare as it's being made out to be.

3 hours ago, brainier said:

Looks like a bit of a shambles. My son is travelling up from England for the game and went to buy a ticket online today to print out and they are not available! Quote : No longer available online or sold out. There's still ages to the game so print at home tickets should be available and not everyone can just pop into Fir Park for tickets. 

They sell the tickets in a hut at the away end at Easter Road, as long as you can get there for 10 to 3 you should be sorted.

11 minutes ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

We're gonna get spanked unless Wigan come in at the 11th hour to buy McGinn too.

Yeah, I wasnt in favour of our chances WITH Kipre, without him I fear we will get ripped apart cause whats left player wise is slower than a week in the jail.

The only positive thing is Hibs leak goals too, so its less likely to be 5-0 and more likely to be 5-2/3

14 hours ago, weeyin said:

I wasn't joking about playing a sweeper. That's one way to help address a lack of pace. 

Does anyone know how to play sweeper these days?   There probably hasn't been any proper sweepers around since the 90s. 

The holding midfield is the modern incarnation.

Anyway with the sweeper system you need full backs that can play comfortably as centre backs, we don't have those, and you need to bring the ball out from the back and build the play from deeper positions, not something a Robinson team is ever likely to do.

Also the sweeper has to be technically accomplished and, eh, yeah  I think you can see the problem there.

Tait is certainly comfortable at full back, and Taylor-Sinclair might be.

For the purposes of tomorrow, a defensive sweeper would be fine - no need to try and create a libero for one game. 

But I agree - never something Robinson is going to attempt.

I am reasonably optimistic we can get a result: Hibs will certainly be affected by a trip to Greece and we are also very capable of scoring goals against a suspect defence. 

Robinson has given himself options in defence and midfield even with injuries and transfers both of which were anticipated. 

Anyway, a new season lies ahead with everything to play for and I have confidence in Robinson and his team. Who knows, he may even surprise everyone and put Bigi, Gorrin and Cadds in the middle and play Hibs off the park ...

On 8/3/2018 at 7:43 PM, Ya Bezzer! said:

You guys know that Hibs conceded less goals than we did last season, right?

However, they have featured in a  few high scoring matches. Lennon sets his teams out to attack and at times has been known to neglect the defensive side of the game. If we can organise our own defence, you just never know we could maybe sneak one or two at the other end.

Carson

Tait  Donnelly  Hartley  ATS

Mchugh

Cadden                 Campbell 

Main               Sammon      Johnson/ Frear 

could even start 442 with cadds and Frear out wide and sammon and main up top.

2 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Carson

Tait  Donnelly  Hartley  ATS

Mchugh

Cadden                 Campbell 

Main               Sammon      Johnson/ Frear 

could even start 442 with cadds and Frear out wide and sammon and main up top.

Campbell is suspended..

Thanks for the link!

Really frustrating to watch, we absolutely refuse to go square with the ball and instead just insist upon launching it forward to Sammon & Main who either can't make it stick or are in the channel themselves with no support and 3 defenders around them.

Just go fucking square instead of going long.