Season Predictations 2018/19

siebsbarmyarmy

Doesn't feel like the squad is stronger than last season and with the City clubs finally getting their shit together, I think we're in for a similar season to last in the league - aiming for that last top 6 spot but missing out. I don't think we'll be necessarily near the relegation zone, but we'll be looking over our shoulders for most the season. Relatively comfortable 8th spot. 

Last year was extraordinary for the Cups so I'm not expecting anything close to two cup finals. One semi final and I'd be more than happy. 

Also - pumping Celtic just once please. 

League - 8th. Top 6 is sewn up. 

League cup - quarters

Scottish Cup - last 16

Young player of the year - Campbell

Player of the year - Carson if he stays, otherwise McHugh.

Top Goalscorer - Tanner

Season wishes - Kipre to be sold for good money. Cadden and Campbell to be capped for Scotland. At least one of our youngsters (most likely Turnbull) to break into the 1st team. 

League - 6th

League Cup - 1/4 final

Scottish Cup - Semi Final

POTY - Connor Sammon

YPOTY - Alan Campbell

Wishes - Not to lose Carson and Kipre in the same window. Get close to 7 figure sum for both and Maguire/Turnbull to break into the squad. If we could play a wee bit more football on the deck that would be nice!

3 hours ago, siebsbarmyarmy said:

Haha I’ve just noticed that. Was in between using predictions and expectations.... obviously just combined both.

Damn. I was about to out you as American Soccer Guy!

For the doom and gloom among some I am relatively happy with the business done and think we'll be comfortably this season if not outstanding.  I've spoken to quite a few Hearts fans (downside of working in Edinburgh) as well as 1 Thistle fan and they all think Sammon could be an absolute steal if we use him correctly (i.e use him in a 2 and don't just always pump ball up to him)  Top 5 is set with the city teams this year I reckon. Then, I think it's between us, St J, Killie for 6th with Dundee, St. Mirren, Accies and Livi fighting it out for the bottom two spots.

League - Mid table. Fighting for 6th and ending up 6th.

League Cup - Qf

Scottish Cup - Qf

• Like 2