Cédric replacement

Kim

So... who is going to be our replacement for Kipre?

Will it be Aldred or is there someone else you think  we should sign? Seems like he’s getting a hard time from the Bury fans, maybe he would be keen to come back.

Mchugh is a centre back always has been always will be  . Poor peripheral vision when his back is to goal and passing is average  . Best when he’s facing the play . Think it was derek Adams who converted him  to midfield . Not for me .  Personally I like him at centre back and should be playing there while Hartley is regaining match sharpness . Think he is best in the middle of a back three though and not to the right or left of that position . So with that point we need  a direct replacement for Kipre on right side 

11 hours ago, Mintymac said:

Mchugh is a centre back always has been always will be  . Poor peripheral vision when his back is to goal and passing is average  . Best when he’s facing the play . Think it was derek Adams who converted him  to midfield . Not for me .  Personally I like him at centre back and should be playing there while Hartley is regaining match sharpness . Think he is best in the middle of a back three though and not to the right or left of that position . So with that point we need  a direct replacement for Kipre on right side 

Generally agree but what happens when Hartley is match fit and Dunne returns?

The new guy, assuming there is going to be one,  needs to be different to the other guys in the heart of the defence.  Only Dunne possesses pace at the back.  Neither Hartley nor McHugh are particulary big guys so wer'e a bit short of pace and physique at the back.  At our level you don't generally get guys with pace and physique - usually one or the other.  Kipre was an exception. It'll be interesting to see what kind of defender(s) we sign.  Like Yassin I assume that Aldred, for whatever reason is simply not coming back not now not ever. 

Does anyone have any actual information regarding Aldred and why it's such a non starter?

On the face of it he wasn't even in the squad for Bury again who are a shit house relegated to League 2 in England. By all accounts the fans down there really dislike him so it would appear he has no future there. Is he simply not interested in a move up here? I would be surprised if his wages are that much more than what we can pay.

At times last season he looked better than Hartley. I suspect given no movement has been made thus far we aren't going to go to him but maybe what we can offer him will change given Kipre has left?

Despite the fact I really liked Aldred during his time with us, I definitely don’t think he would be a good replacement for Kipré unless we are permanently switching to a back 4. If it was Hartley or McHugh who had been sold then I’d want him back immediately, but if Robinson is sticking with the 3 at the back, then we need someone faster and bigger on the right side.

100% correct . Aldred is decent but we need a defender who can play in Kiprés position that being on the right hand side of a back three . With height and pace preferably .  Aldred is a Central defender so imo not required . Hartley and McHugh can do that job . Easy to say though, finding one with that criteria might be trickier . Think we got lucky with Kipre from a buying and selling point of view . Think we need the same luck again 

Nah.

He was terrible, but throwing him into an absolutely dire defence that had been made even more dire with injuries was never going to end well. 

I'd put Derek Murray ahead of him as worst ever because Murray was permanent (not a loanee) and played a lot more games. Never has a full back stood so far off his man - especially one as slow as Ruby. 

27 minutes ago, superward said:

A strong, fast, ball playing defender. Not from England lower leagues. Preferably not unproven. 

Should be easy enough to find. Maybe he could bring a creative centre midfielser with him who also has great work rate and is strong and fast.

Robbo signing a creative player? Ye having a laugh!!! Heh he 

20 minutes ago, gee said:

I’d be trying Tait RCB for now, Cadden isn’t a number 10 and should go back out wide. 

Non-starter for me I'm afraid. Cadden plays best wide of a front three or as an out and our right midfielder/winger. He's also not a wing back, whereas Tait can play there.