2018'19 Game 3: Rangers (H) Sunday 26th August

Andy_P

5 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

Yeah, ignorance. Not every parade in Motherwell is an orange parade...

Poor analogy of marginalisation in your scramble for relevance. Suspect one is tapping into a subject they know little about - no mention of the teachings, scripture and promotion of true Christian reverence, but, a focus on being disenfranchised?

One country, many cultures? Not here at any rate.

My point was in reply to how you see fellow supporters (there are many) and some employed by the club whose leanings differ to that of a bastion like yourself.

I’m not a member of any of the loyal orders, I certainly don’t require to wear a collarette to let others know what I am.

LOL - I’m not even going to respond here.

You’re so far off the mark about your assumptions and points, it’s laughable.

Have a good Saturday.

46 minutes ago, Kmac said:

LOL - I’m not even going to respond here.

You’re so far off the mark about your assumptions and points, it’s laughable.

Have a good Saturday.

Not going to respond, yet you did.

No assumption on my part.

Makes a change not to see you in meltdown.

14 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

Not going to respond, yet you did.

No assumption on my part.

Makes a change not to see you in meltdown.

you are aware that you’re in an utter heads gone zone, by trying to defend the rights of a sectarian Organisation which marches to celebrate the battle of an English and Dutch king in Ireland, 17 years before the act of Union even took place?

They now seem to march, not to defend themselves from policy changes at Westminster, the crippling insecurity caused by leaving the largest trading partner (Europe) and the impact it will have on their economic outlook or indeed, the lack of employment or prosperity within many of these communities.

No, the real and direct threat are Roman Cahtholics!

Gees peace. 

Moving on, big game tomorrow and I'm not particularly confident but that's nothing new. 

I'm missing it unfortunately but was at Livingston last week and would like to see Bigi and Campbell start. Thought Main and Johnson had the makings of a good partnership but we don't look as strong at the back as we did for spells last season. There are reasons for that but I think it will be a difficult afternoon because of it.

2 minutes ago, daver said:

Moving on, big game tomorrow and I'm not particularly confident but that's nothing new. 

I'm missing it unfortunately but was at Livingston last week and would like to see Bigi and Campbell start. Thought Main and Johnson had the makings of a good partnership but we don't look as strong at the back as we did for spells last season. There are reasons for that but I think it will be a difficult afternoon because of it.

Sadly also missing it myself and yes I would agree we are still fragile at the back, Dunn can’t come back quick enough. Fearing a loss but it’s football and stranger things have happened.

1 hour ago, daver said:

Indeed let's move on.

Suggest, politely, onthefringes and Kmac take their debate (relevant or not) to messaging and off the public forum.

I've watched a couple of the Rangers euro games and my mate at work goes to the games at Ibrox. From what I've seen and what he's said we can get something from the game for sure.  Rangers are most definitely better defensively than last year but they are by no means great.

High tempo, close them down, keep it simple defensively, watch the wings, dont always pump it long (sometimes it will have its place) and we will get chances. Take them and we can do this. I would love it.

For me:

Carson

Alfred McHugh Hartley

Cadden Bigi Campbell Rose Tait

Main Johnson

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Yorkyred said:

Other than that he looks to be doing a bloody good job turning them around.

I'd say they're still a bit of an unknown just now.

1-1 at Aberdeen with 10 men was a decent result, however every other competitive game is what you would expect. I'd even go as far to say some their results in Europe have been pretty awful for a club Rangers size. Draws against Shkupi, Osikej and Maribor would have been a rid neck a few years ago. 

That said, he's certainly bought a bit of stability and belief which are two of the most important things in football. 

34 minutes ago, CoF said:

I'd say they're still a bit of an unknown just now.

1-1 at Aberdeen with 10 men was a decent result, however every other competitive game is what you would expect. I'd even go as far to say some their results in Europe have been pretty awful for a club Rangers size. Draws against Shkupi, Osikej and Maribor would have been a rid neck a few years ago. 

That said, he's certainly bought a bit of stability and belief which are two of the most important things in football. 

Still a lot to prove of course but i’m pretty sure they would have been out of Europe by now if they had stuck with what they had. Don’t think he’s done a lot wrong at this point given he’s unproven and it’s his first shot at management in such a high pressure position. 

"Orange Walks are just about being pro-Protestant."

"IRA songs are just about being pro Irish."

"UKIP is just about being pro UK."

"Confederate flag is just about celebrating our southern history"

"KKK is just about being pro-white."

Same old language. Same old bigotry. Welcome to the 21st century.

• Like 2

Jeeso. I thought i was on a football fans forum. Anyway we'll get pumped tommorow. I was at the Accies game and they could've played a traffic cone in goals. The good news is St. Mirren and Dundee got beat today so we wont be too detached at the bottom.

Haven’t seen anything of Rangers outwith the draw at Aberdeen but results and general noise would suggest they are in the best shape they’ve ever been (sevco that is). Would be lovely if Gerrard was to have his first slip at Fir Park but I can’t see it, the lack of pace in our back three will be targeted by any half decent team. 

I don't know if they have better players (although the probably do) - but they seem to be better organized and are showing a bit more commitment all over the park. That alone makes it a tougher proposition tomorrow. 

Unfortunate how serious Murphy's injury turned out, but not unhappy about his absence tomorrow - he is always capable of doing some damage.

Those Well fans who like their football tough and meaty will have relished Steven Gerrard's pre match comments. He's used terms and phrases like "warriors", "battles", and "Motherwell won't won't bully us this season".  If he can bring those qualities from the EPL then we're in for a real encounter.  

3 hours ago, weeyin said:

Unfortunate how serious Murphy's injury turned out, but not unhappy about his absence tomorrow - he is always capable of doing some damage.

They have a ready made replacement in Lafferty and in many ways I see him as more of a goal threat than Murphy.

27 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

They have a ready made replacement in Lafferty and in many ways I see him as more of a goal threat than Murphy.

I think our defence can handle a big centre forward more easily than they can handle a nippy winger running at them (then, inevitably, letting him cut inside to shoot).

Plus, as I mentioned earlier in the thread, both times Lafferty scored at Fir Park last season, we won - almost a good luck charm :ph34r:

6 hours ago, Yassin said:

Why exactly are people quaking at the thought of Kyle Lafferty? He's an average to decent Scottish Premiership forward and has been his entire career.  Most of this forum was up in arms at the prospect of us signing him last summer.

He scored 3 in 3 against us last season. It was never happening with wages but anyone who didn't want him was mad.

Lafferty and Moult would have been brilliant.

34 minutes ago, David said:

Going on our form so far we should probably lose this one pretty handily, but I'd not be surprised at all if we are on here after the game talking about how the point we got from the game is more two points lost than one gained.

Personally I would take a point in a heartbeat then move on to the next very winnable one.

Hopefully we give it a real go today. We have nothing to lose and need to somehow kick start our season and at home against them is as good a chance as any. Get in their faces and let them know that they are not going to have things their own way and who knows what we might achieve? Realistically, if they were a team of world beaters, then they wouldn’t be at Ibrox. Poor as we have been, there is no reason why we cannot get a result.

23 hours ago, steelboy said:

Maribor have knocked out Hibs, Rangers and Celtic since 2010 and got draws with Sevilla and Spartak Moscow (x2) in the Champions League last season. 

Exactly. Rid necks for hibs, celtic, rangers, sevilla and spartak moscow (x2).