2018'19 Game 3: Rangers (H) Sunday 26th August

Andy_P

We deserved at least a point ........  I finally got to start watching live stream at 2-1 motherwell. Once I discovered you had to click on "Match" hidden up in the left corner it worked pretty well.

A draw is just way better than a gallant defeat. Well done lads. thought we were going to get horsed today but in the end a deserved point.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Yassin said:

Why exactly are people quaking at the thought of Kyle Lafferty? He's an average to decent Scottish Premiership forward and has been his entire career.  Most of this forum was up in arms at the prospect of us signing him last summer.

Didn't even get a hattrick :lol: Yassin spot on agajn.

Expected us to come out in the second half with our heads down after the circumstances of the first half but we kept plugging away and in the end have dominated the second half, can't remember Rangers having a single chance of note.

Absolutely deserved the point, at the very least, and Rangers tactic of going to ground every time there is a 50/50 really didn't work out well for them.

Good to see Campbell and Bigirimana in midfield together and Johnson up top.  They were all excellent. 

1 minute ago, star sail said:

I have no time for Thomson as a ref, particularly after last season but I thought he managed the game well today in difficult conditions. One or two inconsistencies but no game changing mistakes. 

I think when a team goes out with such a cynical attitude as that Rangers team the referee is never going to look good.  Cheating to win fouls is part of their prepared game plan.

11 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Really? Shocking performance and I don't know where to start. 

Though first half he was fine, second half not so good. I do still think it’s a bit of religion on here to blast refs regardless.

34 minutes ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

Thoughts?

Thoughts? Sammon for Johnson is still a criminal sub, we had a couple late chances where a poacher could/would have been in position to finish. And Frear for Campbell was gash as well. Frear had a great cameo but should have come on for Rose who I think might have touched the ball at most, 4 times in the entire match.

Our equalizer came as Rangers shat the bed and tried to defend their 6 yard box, they were in deeper than Ron Jeremy!

I still maintain those exact subs were absolutely terrible!

10 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

should be a retroactive red   He clearly dived on Hartley leading with his forearm. Cheap shot and should be dealt with

It won’t be, it was a bit of a cheap shot though but never going to be seen as a red.

Just now, Shaka said:

Thoughts? Sammon for Johnson is still a criminal sub, we had a couple late chances where a poacher could/would have been in position to finish. And Frear for Campbell was gash as well. Frear had a great cameo but should have come on for Rose who I think might have touched the ball at most, 4 times in the entire match.

Our equalizer came as Rangers shat the bed and tried to defend their 6 yard box, they were in deeper than Ron Jeremy!

I still maintain those exact subs were absolutely terrible!

Johnson has been struggling to make the 90 minutes in fairness and i’m guessing that’s the reason he was taken off, he’s certainly getting more up to speed though. But yep I would have taken Rose off for sure.

13 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

should be a retroactive red   He clearly dived on Hartley leading with his forearm. Cheap shot and should be dealt with

Aw cute,i f you think there will be a retroactive red you must still believe in the easter bunny lol. Sportscene are busily looking out their big brush as we speak to sweep that incident u der the carpet