Motherwell 60s retro shirt

underboyleheating

For those who don’t particularly like to wear the latest ‘betting dot com’ sponsored shirts or any sponsored shirts, Toffs are now selling our signature 1960s shirt once again. For a while they stopped listing Motherwell shirts, however, it’s good to see this classic design is back.

I would have hoped that the club shop would start stocking something similar again for those who hate the modern sponsored designs. They have done in the past, however, more recently the retro sector appears to have been neglected. 

7 hours ago, underboyleheating said:

For those who don’t particularly like to wear the latest ‘betting dot com’ sponsored shirts or any sponsored shirts, Toffs are now selling our signature 1960s shirt once again. For a while they stopped listing Motherwell shirts, however, it’s good to see this classic design is back.

I would have hoped that the club shop would start stocking something similar again for those who hate the modern sponsored designs. They have done in the past, however, more recently the retro sector appears to have been neglected. 

Found it a bit bizarre that toffs dropped the  hooped 60's kit and kept the bland 70's kit !!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

Found it a bit bizarre that toffs dropped the  hooped 60's kit and kept the bland 70's kit !!!!!!!!!

For a while they didn’t even have that. The monogram they have used on that one is wrong however. It should be pretty much the same as my redraw for the club (currently on the new away kit).

Just now, weeyin said:

Did they re-issue the 70s or just not sell many?

My favourite is the 50s version with the hoop on the sleeves and rugby style collar, but the 60s effort is a close second.

I spoke to them and the reason they gave was that they hardly sold any. I made some recommendations to them with regard to other shirts, however, despite an initial positive response it all went quiet. I even sent them a few mock ups. 

1 hour ago, Happy Dosser said:

The Toffs 1960s shirt I bought originally looked all fab 'n' groovy but then I noticed the claret on the cuffs was a different shade from the claret on the collar. Hope they've rectified that.

Can't they get Tyrian purple (q.v.) right :rolleyes: ?

You should have sent it back, however, I’m pretty certain this one will be spot on. Also there are no badges/monograms for them to muck up. :whistling: I asked them a few years ago if they could make our 70s white C&A sash away top. They seemed keen at the time, so I might chase them up on that one. For them it’s all about orders, if they get no interest they remove the team from the order list. That’s what happened to us first time around, so I was pleasantly surprised to see us back in the fold.