• Andy Rose
    • Allan Campbell
    • Curtis Main
    • Gael Bigirimana
    • Danny Johnson
    • Elliott Frear
    • Conor Sammon
    • Null Vote

Tough choice between Bigi and Johnson, in the end went with Johnson (I know he seemed to be everywhere but the list above says there were two of him which explains quite a lot:P). A lot of good performances today, it was much more like the Motherwell of last year so hopefully we can push on from here.

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

As he did last week he looked great going forward but suspect in defence.

I think we need to accept that it's simply not part of his game. Hopefully being part of a midfield of Rose and Campbell takes care of the defensive cover and allow him to do what he does. 

1 hour ago, CoF said:

I think we need to accept that it's simply not part of his game. Hopefully being part of a midfield of Rose and Campbell takes care of the defensive cover and allow him to do what he does. 

Yes he is what he is and we have to work with that.  The way he's playing just now he should be the first name on the midfield teamsheet and that will dictate who plays alongside him.  To balance out his weaknesses we need  a strong defensive midfielder to shield the central defenders and act as his minder.  Set pieces are his thing but he does need to improve his conssitencies at corners.  He could be an important part of the team this year.    

8 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Yes he is what he is and we have to work with that.  The way he's playing just now he should be the first name on the midfield teamsheet and that will dictate who plays alongside him.  To balance out his weaknesses we need  a strong defensive midfielder to shield the central defenders and act as his minder.  Set pieces are his thing but he does need to improve his conssitencies at corners.  He could be an important part of the team this year.    

An effective midfield is all about balance and Bigi should be at the creative heart of it. We have other players with the  strength, drive and disruptive ability to complement him. 

FWIW, I thought Frear played well when he came on and did his bit to unsettle the Rangers defence. A better cut-back to Main before our equaliser and who knows what would have happened?

Hope we continue in the same vein against Dundee.

Nice to see Gerrard's disruptive substitution before the corner blew up in his face.

The Curse of The Slip seems to have followed him above the border.....

Regarding the cutback from frear, if it's the same one I'm thinking of we had four guys looking for the cutback and not one getting across the face of goal. Main and Sammon are too similar, the only difference between the two is that Main should be a professional footballer and Sammon shouldn't be.

If Johnson had been on still I'm certain he would've made that run across the face.

Difficult to pick a winner today. The whole team played well and different players could be considered deserving for lots of different reasons.

Thought both Hartley and McHugh were excellent at the back and both took their goals well. Johnson looked lively up front and looks to compliment Main, who also looked more like himself, very well.

Ended up going for Bigi because, not only did he provide some excellent deliveries but he was able to control the tempo of the game and he never hid from his defensive duties either.  If he can keep up this level of form, keeping him could just be the best bit of business we did this summer.

Watched the game on TV. Good team performance, hard to pick out a man of the match. Instinctively, wouldn't go for our defenders as we conceded three goals.  Bigirimana was probably the pick of the midfielders, Johnson was the best up front. I'd go with Bigirimana as he was a large part of how we controlled the last 20 minutes...

Excellent team performance, with only switching off at the 2nd goal and Carson having a wobbler at the 3rd, being the only real criticisms.

Tait, Campbell and Johnson pushed Bigirimana close for man of the match, but considering how little we have utilised him over the past 12 months, I thought it was a top class performance from him.