2018'19 Game 4: Dundee (A) Saturday 1st September 2018

Andy_P

On the one hand i'm looking forward to this and i'm reasonably optimistic that we'll play some decent football and win.

On the other hand we've been dodgy at the back so far, the balance in midfield still isn't right and if we lose it means a miserable international break and huge pressure on the Hearts game.

We cannot lose this one.

I think there’s a bit of pressure on us going into this one.

Accies and this one were/are realistically our best chances of a win in the opening 7 fixtures.  We made an arse of the Accies one so can’t mess this one up. If we do then the great performance on Sunday is all for nothing and there’s a very a very good chance we will be winless after the first 7 games and adrift at the bottom.

4 hours ago, daver said:

All this confidence gives me the fear.

We've had two good and two poor performances. Hopefully the poor performances are out of the way and we're hitting a bit of form.

Don't worry. If we do win, we'll go 2 goals up early, lose one just before half time and then hang on for 45 minutes.  Plenty to get stressed about.

On the face of it this is a match I think we should be winning.

Dundee have 5 matches this season against full time teams, 3 Premiership and 2 Championship and they have lost them all, scoring only 1 goal.

Their home record under McCann is pretty awful as well, only 6 wins from 21 league matches.

But it's important we can show that we can perform against teams like Dundee because Rangers match aside when we obviously raised our game it's not been very good and I did feel we stole quite a few points off Dundee last season and what's the phrase about things evening themselves out?

Wee bit pressure here, a win puts us back in the pack, a loss would have us a couple of points behind everyone else in the league.  Will be interesting to see how we perform.

This is a big one . There is a fair chance McCann could get his jotters if we comfortably see Dundee off on Saturday. Their fans are restless and you can understand why. I'd honestly love to get it up him at the weekend, he has brought nothing but moaning and excuse making since he has came in. The term wee man syndrome springs to mind.

If we could follow up Sunday's display with 3 points and a good performance I think the momentum could really swing in our favour. Should we lose negativity will creep back in rightly or wrongly. Unfortunately the facts are we would be bottom with a defeat so regardless of your outlook Saturday is a really important fixture. Clearly the season is not won or lost at this stage of the season but a good/bad start can go a long way to determining how things go in a campaign.

I am very wary of Kenny Miller, i think he might start. From what I've observed Dundee are shocking up front. They play some decent stuff but no cutting edge. Miller could provide that tomorrow, like him or not he has the ability to pop up with goals even at his age. We need to be on top of our games at the back.

I'd go with the same side as Sunday. If we can get anywhere near the level of intensity and pass the ball like we did at times we will be just fine.

I'd put ATS in at left wing back, even if he is shit going forward. Bring on Frear to replace him later if required as a more attacking option.

Carson

Aldred McHugh Hartley

Tait                                      ATS

Cadden Campbell Bigi

Main Johnson

I think this is a strong line up with a decent balance across different aspects of the game - a bit of creativity balanced with dig in midfield; a balance of attacking threat and defensive strength and a very decent looking bench with a fair range of tactical options to be had. So if the application, energy and appetite of last week continues I’d hope we have enough to see off a fairly toothless  Dundee. COYW!!