2018'19 Game 4: Dundee (A) Saturday 1st September 2018

Andy_P

Absolutely delighted with not just the result, but the performance as well. We were excellent in large spells yesterday and could (should) have been ahead by at least a couple at half time. Dundee looked like they had been drilled by someone whose only knowledge of football is watching Match of the Day. 

You could see how much that goal meant to Bigirimana but more notably, how much his goal meant to Robinson. You could see he was absolutely delighted for Bigi and the thumbs up between the two of them points towards a good relationship there. Off the back of Bigi's interview earlier in the week, it's great to see the guy enjoying his football again. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, CoF said:

Absolutely delighted with not just the result, but the performance as well. We were excellent in large spells yesterday and could (should) have been ahead by at least a couple at half time. Dundee looked like they had been drilled by someone whose only knowledge of football is watching Match of the Day. 

You could see how much that goal meant to Bigirimana but more notably, how much his goal meant to Robinson. You could see he was absolutely delighted for Bigi and the thumbs up between the two of them points towards a good relationship there. Off the back of Bigi's interview earlier in the week, it's great to see the guy enjoying his football again. 

I was far from his biggest fan last season and felt a few on here were just over rating the guy. However this season he’s certainly proven me wrong. He’s now pivotal to how we perform and his addition has seen a move away from our long ball style with the ball now played through midfield far more often.

22 hours ago, steelboy said:

Watching the highlights the guy with the head injury (Spence) pretty much cost them our third goal. It was disgraceful by McCann to leave him on. Hopefully it gets mentioned on Sportscene.

Not a peep.  Disgraceful from our media to ignore it.  They just don't care.

9 minutes ago, Wellfan1984 said:

Not a peep.  Disgraceful from our media to ignore it.  They just don't care.

I suspect that Neil McCann is part of the Scots old boys network and our tame media won't want to rock the boat.

I'm getting a wee bit concerned about Alan Campbell and the amount of games he's played and is scheduled to play, including internationals.  It was great to see him score on Saturday and he's continuing to do well but I think he's lost a little bit of zip since last season.  Hopefully Robbo will be mindful fo the dangers of burnout. 

15 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I suspect that Neil McCann is part of the Scots old boys network and our tame media won't want to rock the boat.

I'm getting a wee bit concerned about Alan Campbell and the amount of games he's played and is scheduled to play, including internationals.  It was great to see him score on Saturday and he's continuing to do well but I think he's lost a little bit of zip since last season.  Hopefully Robbo will be mindful fo the dangers of burnout. 

I think the best thing we can do for Allan is use him on a rotation basis,  I'd be looking at Gorrin to play some games with Allan getting a break and we can alternate them depending on who the opposition is, think that would be the best thing for Campbell at this stage.   Next real break the players get from any kind of football is the winter break which could prove vital, as we have yet another extremely busy period in December.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I think that is currently part of the problem with Cadden.  He just looks a bit off the pace and could probably benefit from a break rather than more Scotland games.  I did say at the time of his call up to full team that he could have been doing without it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gdalli10 said:

I saw David Turnbull scored a couple  for the reserves again today. Ideally he’d get a chance if Campbell is to be tested but we’ve plenty of options.

Interesting comments from Crags today about Turnbull.  Basically saying the manager has asked him to improve on what he does when he's not in possession. Sounds like he's still on the radar, though. 

Interesting comments from Crags today about Turnbull.  Basically saying the manager has asked him to improve on what he does when he's not in possession. Sounds like he's still on the radar, though. 
Very much so as he skippers reserves, has looked good in 2 games have seen recently

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Yorkyred said:

Robinson has stated we now have more options and this is an example. McHugh will come  back into midfield when Dunn returns and we now have Gorrin to add to the mix along with Grimshaw. 

Only place McHugh will be is on the bench as for the other two they are only stopping the likes of Turnbull making progress at the club .In fact I think Grimshaw will told to find another club next window hasn't improved at all since he came back 

39 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Only place McHugh will be is on the bench as for the other two they are only stopping the likes of Turnbull making progress at the club .In fact I think Grimshaw will told to find another club next window hasn't improved at all since he came back 

If you think for a minute that McHugh will sit on the bench your deluded. He has been contributing goals lately and his play has massively improved on last year. he will be an ever present

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

As I said after the Rangers game, we need not worry at all about relegation this season and hopefully Saturdays result proves this to the panic merchants

We've started playing football and mixing our style up a bit.  It's no coincidence that we've improved from the early season dross served up,hopefully last seen against Accies.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Well Well said:

If you think for a minute that McHugh will sit on the bench your deluded. He has been contributing goals lately and his play has massively improved on last year. he will be an ever present

Your right he has been contributing goals ,he lost his man again on Saturday for the Dundee goal and over all had a poor game .Sorry but he will be sitting on the bench to cover for the back 3  Aldred Hartley Dunne 

6 hours ago, Yodo said:

Don’t agree. I think McHugh will be straight back into midfield. Gorrin has already shown he could be a very useful player. As for Turnbull he will make progress at the club if he is good enough as every player does at any club, it’s up to him to take his chance when he gets it, no player holds another player back. 

14 hours ago, weeyin said:

I've no idea what Robinson will do when Dunne and Tanner are both back fit, but it makes a nice change to have selection issues that revolve around too many players rather than "who we have left that is least injured".

I don't expect to see either anywhere near the squad until December.  Tanner won't play at Livi or Accies during that month either.