Alan Burrows Podcast

AndyRoss

Recorded a new podcast with Alan Burrows, where we cover the transfer window, our start to the season, the highs and lows of last season (including the aftermath of the Celtic triple-header), improvements in and around Fir Park and Alan’s hopes for the future in his role. 

You can find it on the majority of podcast apps and on our website - https://www.mfc1886.com/mfc-podcast-2018-19-episode-9/

• Like 4

Great interview Andy!

Easily the most impressive football administrator in the country.

He may have his detractors on here but he talks a lot of sense and can genuinely see things from a fans perspective.

I think the future of our club looks bright.

• Like 5

He is still relatively young and will and has made mistakes. He has some experienced businessmen in the background that will help him when it comes to matters commercial. It is hard to argue with the job he is doing. His absolute love for club comes across when he talks about the improvements around Fir Park. We can all see it and yes it is cosmetic to an extent, but I get the feeling it is almost akin to him talking about home improvements and in a way it is. There has been a noticeable improvement in almost all areas.

I still think it would be good to have targets and KPI’s around response times etc. The biggest bugbear over past several years is not getting responses or getting very delayed responses to enquiries even those that are about putting revenue into the club, ticketing and hospitality etc. 

I hope he and the club continue on this upward path.

• Like 2

Don’t think you could find a more dedicated person to run our club especially with the budget he has to work with. Infectious enthusiasm  .  He is first and foremost running the club but it can’t be easy being a fan as well . Head ruling heart stuff . But I’ve got total respect for the job he’s doing . Club feels in safe hands with him at the helm . Talking to a few mates who are fans from other clubs they wish they had what we’ve got with him in terms of integrity and honesty and forward thinking . There must be some bigger clubs having a look at the job he’s doing . To anybody who doesn’t agree fine but just be careful what u wish for . The most important thing for me is he genuinely cares about our great club 

8 hours ago, weeyin said:

No idea, but Leann Dempster wasn't a 'Well fan or a Hibs fan before joining either club and she has done a good job at both.

All the Dempster family are Rangers supporters.

I would agree that Mr Burrows will be on the radar of a few clubs as he is doing an excellent job for us and is very popular within the football fraternity of Scotland, but he  is a Massive and dedicated Well supporter, I hope!!!

Just got round to having a listen to this last night. Top effort again guys. 

I'll not hide the fact that I was one of the folks on here to greet Burrows promotion with a sense of real trepidation, but he has proven that lingering doubt completely unfounded and I believe he is an absolute breath of fresh air both at our club and in Scottish Football in general. His passion and pride are infectious anytime you hear him speak.

Personally, I can't see him leaving Fir Park unless it's for a massive club or indeed a more prominent role at the SFA/SPFL. Imagine his positivity, level of engagement and honesty within the corridors of power at Hampden.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2018 at 10:55 AM, middleeastdave said:

All the Dempster family are Rangers supporters.

I would agree that Mr Burrows will be on the radar of a few clubs as he is doing an excellent job for us and is very popular within the football fraternity of Scotland, but he  is a Massive and dedicated Well supporter, I hope!!!

Was sure I heard her say on Tam's show she was a Celtic fan?