2018'19 Game 5: Heart of Midlothian (H) Saturday 15th September 2018

Andy_P

9 minutes ago, Yodo said:

What can we take from this game ,no goals no points loss of a keeper ? 

We can take heart that if that shower are unbeaten at the top of the league we aren't far off the pace. 

Also - our new backup keeper is better than our last 3 or 4 backups.

Best of all, though, is that it's only half past two here and I'm enjoying a Guinness outside in the sunshine. 

Perspective and all that. 

4 minutes ago, weeyin said:

We can take heart that if that shower are unbeaten at the top of the league we aren't far off the pace. 

Also - our new backup keeper is better than our last 3 or 4 backups.

Best of all, though, is that it's only half past two here and I'm enjoying a Guinness outside in the sunshine. 

Perspective and all that. 

You must have been in  16th 

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

Aye because they kept on missing the target when they should have scored. They had 3 or 4 great chances second  half and we had a weak McHugh header.

You must have been at a different game from me if you think we troubled Hearts goal once in the second half. 

10 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Away and get a dose of realism ,banned for what telling the truth jog on 

There is a difference between opinion and truth. We were getting relegated if Robinson stayed last season, opinion not truth. No positives from today, again opinion not truth.

Awfull performance. Awfull goal to lose . Hope Carson's ok. Hearts keeper could've played the 2nd half in his slippers and sitting on a deck chair.  Cadden is awfull and has been for a while. Will NEVER accept this 3-5-2 formation as it gives us no width whatsoever and playing right footed Richard Tait on the left is a joke. My 2 Mates who only go occasionally to watch us are wondering how I can watch this pish every other week. I can't answer them. That's the Accies game and Hearts game where Absolute zero football was played. I can accept defeat but not when not one single effort on goal at home in front of nearly 8000 fans. In a absolutely dire 2nd half.

17 minutes ago, DEWELL said:

Awfull performance. Awfull goal to lose . Hope Carson's ok. Hearts keeper could've played the 2nd half in his slippers and sitting on a deck chair.  Cadden is awfull and has been for a while. Will NEVER accept this 3-5-2 formation as it gives us no width whatsoever and playing right footed Richard Tait on the left is a joke. My 2 Mates who only go occasionally to watch us are wondering how I can watch this pish every other week. I can't answer them. That's the Accies game and Hearts game where Absolute zero football was played. I can accept defeat but not when not one single effort on goal at home in front of nearly 8000 fans. In a absolutely dire 2nd half.

Sorry truth on here is not allowed you'll upset some people and have others choking on their Guinness. But I agree with every word you have said 

Thought we tried hard but no cutting edge. This long ball tactic is brutal and got us nowhere today.  Cadds really struggling but would have him instead of one trick pony Frear.  Also what was all the nonsense of throwing paper ball's onto the pitch!!!. Some folk need to get a grip. If not then I will start telling more bad jokes which is never a good thing!!!. Lets all Keep the heid and COYW!!!!!

Started reading this thread...........then gave up after the personal attack pish

in the firtst half to the best of my recollection......hertz had one shot con target straight at  Carson prior to the "The pass back incident"

we were far the better footballing team throughout it and were unlucky note to be level/ahead of the "current " Unbeaten/ league leaders

second half hertz had by far the best chances and as pointed out we never troubled their keeper at any point

Cadden is being wasted in his current role

my biggest concern is we either join the ......cheating/fall down / minimum contact brigade ....and at the moment  which we don't seem to have adapted to it (thankfully)

the majority of referees in Scotland / the world seem to reward the falling down/on minimum contact/cheating brigade .....and honestity is frowned about by media with the infamous "he felt a touch" shite.......and until cheating is chastised by the dicks through the football who persistently condone it ....officials/commentators/etc etc we are fucked!!!!!

Was looking forward to today's game .....and enjoyed it until ......the massive q at the Cooper ...... Brenda must be worried !!!!

madden is chunt

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, steelboy said:

We were well beat. Created nothing and Hearts missed a good few chances.

We missed chances early on too but yes we were well beaten by a bigger and better side. Hearts are too good a side to resort to such gamesmanship. That aside they're the best side I've seen this season.

Hopefully Trev isn't too badly injured.

As for the game itself, in forty odd years of following the 'well, I am struggling to remember when we ever got an even break against Hearts. I would love it if someone other than the ugly sisters were to win the league, but just not them. Levein is a tosser of the highest order so the play acting and time wasting is scarcely a surprise. I never want us to go down that route in terms of attitude and performance.

Who do we play next?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

Thought we tried hard but no cutting edge. This long ball tactic is brutal and got us nowhere today.  Cadds really struggling but would have him instead of one trick pony Frear.  Also what was all the nonsense of throwing paper ball's onto the pitch!!!. Some folk need to get a grip. If not then I will start telling more bad jokes which is never a good thing!!!. Lets all Keep the heid and COYW!!!!!

At least Frear is a 'one-trick pony', Cadds lost his 'trick' a while ago and that basically makes him a 'pony' and not even a very good one at that - irrespective of where on the pitch he is played. Not much better than his old man when he played.

We can't turn the clock back but we certainly missed Cedric today for his pace and physicality. Our back 3, McHugh included, had a poor game and were too easily bullied. Against better sides that defence will struggle badly. Individually they may be ok but as a unit they aren't right. 

I don’t mind that Gillespie might get a couple of games, he needs to keep his eye in.  I would like to see a greater variety come on from the bench, I would have preferred to see a midfielder come on and create for the front two rather than change one of the front men.

I am perplexed why people continue to respond to Yodo’s posts. I have never read so much shite from one poster. It is quite an achievement to spout absolute crap week in week out.  I think he is an imposter and I would Q whether he or she is even a Motherwell fan. 

As to the game. Sore one. A draw would have been about right. McHugh has actually been a positive in defence this season but that was one almighty fuck up. As much as the goal was a kick in tha has maws I sincerely hope Carson is not as badly injured or it will be a double whammy.

For all that i agree with quite a few points. One is that we looked as if we could have played for weeks and not scored. There are just no goals from midfield and that is a huge concern, Cadden again flattered to deceive. He has been one of our poorer performers this season. It frustrates the sh1t out of me when there is a shooting opportunity and the player opts to pass. Campbell was also guilty of that on a number of occasions, 

Hearts were not up to much but I think they did not play well themselves. Their defence was solid as a rock and we had no creativity to break them down in the 2nd half. Sadly I think that is a game that both Killie and St Johnstone would have taken something from had they been the home team. So right now it looks as if we are playing to avoid bottom 2 spots. Disappointing but budget wise perhaps no surprise. 

I hope we go at them in the cup tie. I will probably regret this but today’s game made me think there is actually little between the teams. Yes Hearts have a bigger and better squad but for the most part we more than held our own. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1