2018'19 Game 6: Aberdeen (A) Saturday 22nd September 2018

Yabba's Turd

Just now, GazzyB said:

So fucking easy

Aldred easily outjumped for a good chance a few minutes ago.

Hartley miles off his man for the goal.

(Not to keep banging on about it, but this is why I wanted to replace Kipre with someone with pace, rather than with Aldred. Still not convinced Aldred/Hartley works as a combo).

1 hour ago, siebsbarmyarmy said:

Main hasn’t been dropped. Injured and birth of a child. Cadden however has been. 

Sammon more of a goal threat than Bowman. Personally don’t agree with that. 

Donnelly into midfield? Makes the resigning of Grimmy and the signing of Gorrin even more of a pointless exercise imo. Waste of at least one wage when McHugh/Campbell/Rose/Maguire can also play there. 

Sums up our style of football that we have more defensive midfielders at the club than any other position I guess. 

Totally agree.

Great start as well.....

12 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

Game over. Hopefully Aberdeen rattle in a few goals, maybe force people at the club to have a long hard look at themselves...

Aye , fuck those who have made the effort and spent a few quid to go up and watch it eh

• Like 1

Not watching the match so can't comment too much, well at all, on how we are performing but....

We've only scored in 8 out of our last 18 league matches.

We've only won two matches in the last 33 where the opposition has scored, and only once over the same period when the opposition scored first.

The sad facts of life are that the Motherwell squad is likely to be poorer than every team in the top flight bar maybe Hamilton, St Mirren, Dundee, Livingston and possibly St Johnstone. Every other team has a bigger budget and some many multiples of a bigger budget. 

Dont want us to lose to anyone but losing away to Aberdeen were it to happen would hardly be a big surprise but.....Q the we are pish, the squad is pish, the Manager is pish. There is NO perspective taken in a lot of these posts which is hardly a surprise. 

If we can manage a battle for top 6 or even avoid relegation places (comfortably) and one or even two cup runs and surprise results will do for me. 

The problem this season is we seem unable to create or score so when we go one behind regardless the opposition - we struggle to get something form the game. Hope I am proved wrong today.........