2018'19 Game 6: Aberdeen (A) Saturday 22nd September 2018

Yabba's Turd

13 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

Well, we all know that isn't likely so as well hoping foran outcome that means problems get addressed rather than another 'unlucky' 1-0 defeat...

I realise it's the exception rather the rule, but in the last few games we've scored 3 against Dundee and 3 against Rangers, including a last gasp equaliser. But you knock yourself out there, pal.

According to BBC we had 55% possession away at Pittodrie. Like Hearts game we seemed to hold our own but we seem powder puff up front. 

It is telling that when we have scored 1st we have not lost and when we have conceded 1st we have lost every game ! In essence we need to score 1st to give us a chance of getting anything......

40 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

The sad facts of life are that the Motherwell squad is likely to be poorer than every team in the top flight bar maybe Hamilton, St Mirren, Dundee, Livingston and possibly St Johnstone. Every other team has a bigger budget and some many multiples of a bigger budget. 

Dont want us to lose to anyone but losing away to Aberdeen were it to happen would hardly be a big surprise but.....Q the we are pish, the squad is pish, the Manager is pish. There is NO perspective taken in a lot of these posts which is hardly a surprise. 

If we can manage a battle for top 6 or even avoid relegation places (comfortably) and one or even two cup runs and surprise results will do for me. 

The problem this season is we seem unable to create or score so when we go one behind regardless the opposition - we struggle to get something form the game. Hope I am proved wrong today.........

I don't think anyone would be overly concerned about a 0-1 defeat away to Aberdeen as an individual result.

However you are bringing up 'perspective' when have now failed to win in 26 of our last 34 league matches.  Our win ratio over that time is now below 25% and Robinson has taken fewer points over those last 34 matches than Mark McGhee did in his last 34 matches.

Or is that the 'wrong' type of perspective?

We go again

It was only 1-0 and they're a super bunch of boys. When you compare budgets..
Post match interview bingo. All true statements but doesn't address the fact we're dreadful to watch. Six league games, four we've failed to score in. Questions have to be asked...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The mainstream media don’t care so it’s not even on their radar and the in house guys are unlikely to throw Robinson any hard balls but I’d love to hear where the decision to ignore the glaring deficiencies in the starting 11 and sign players purely for the bench care from.

Why this was ever signed off as an approved strategy is incredible.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I don't think anyone would be overly concerned about a 0-1 defeat away to Aberdeen as an individual result.

However you are bringing up 'perspective' when have now failed to win in 26 of our last 34 league matches.  Our win ratio over that time is now below 25% and Robinson has taken fewer points over those last 34 matches than Mark McGhee did in his last 34 matches.

Stats and percentages what would we do without them, convenient and adaptable for every argument, 

16 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

This.

The league performances since the triple header against Celtic have been well below acceptable limits. A lot of this was masked in the 2nd half of the season due to the Scottish Cup run.  The same glaring deficiencies that were there last season are still there to be seen by everyone. Even that, shouldn't be held up as an excuse, A quick look at Livingston at the moment will show you what can be achieved by playing to your strengths and not by trying to hammer round pegs into square holes.

11 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Stats and percentages what would we do without them, convenient and adaptable for every argument, 

It's not headers won in the centre circle.

It's win, draws and losses.

Will you be putting in a complaint to the league for using those same stats to determine league placings?

50 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

It’s a bit of both, we are signing none league English players and have come up against Hibs, Rangers, Aberdeen, and Hearts losing very close games and getting a point against Rangers, all against  clubs with budgets that dwarf ours. The two games we should have been looking to take points from we did against Dundee, and should have against Hamilton.  Stats wise I would also say look at the manner of many of those later defeats under McGee, there were some absolute horror shows. Under Robinson we are losing close games by the odd goal with the final third costing us and the organisation of the team next to the shambles under McGhee and Barraclough are very different with players at least knowing what they are supposed to be doing. The fixtures the start of this season have been pretty tough in fairness and we were never going to get through that with too many points in my view but managers live or die by results and he is going to come under pressure for sure until we get a couple of wins. I think it’s also fair to say a minority of fans have never taken to Robinson and dare I say one or two on here have wanted rid of him for the last 12 months regardless. 

12 minutes ago, Scarecrow said:

This.

The league performances since the triple header against Celtic have been well below acceptable limits. A lot of this was masked in the 2nd half of the season due to the Scottish Cup run.  The same glaring deficiencies that were there last season are still there to be seen by everyone. Even that, shouldn't be held up as an excuse, A quick look at Livingston at the moment will show you what can be achieved by playing to your strengths and not by trying to hammer round pegs into square holes.

At team we have just knocked out of the cup.