2018'19 Game 7: Kilmarnock (A) Saturday 29th September 2018

Yabba's Turd

Predictability rating 10/10 .

Chance to go two up and give ourselves something to defend passed up and , as sure as night follows day , we leak a couple of soft as shit goals straight after .

Robinson is responsible for signing utter dross in the summer , and in turn they will be responsible for his inevitable emptying before December if there's not a miraculous turn in fortune very , very soon .

Dundee ahead at Hamilton too compounding a poor day at the office .

Just now, siebsbarmyarmy said:

Let’s not kid ourselves Killie have a couple of decent players but they have a tactically good manager who plays decent stuff. 

To be beaten by Killie isnt a disgrace but to be so comfortably beaten is just pish.

My concern is that we have a similar budget and fanbase as Killie, but they seem to be getting more for the money. Clarke is certainly making difference.

13 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

Fixed that for you...

I don't know about that. Robinson has managed to wriggle out a couple of tight spots and it's very rare anyone gets an easy game at Fir Park.

3 minutes ago, siebsbarmyarmy said:

Let’s not kid ourselves Killie have a couple of decent players but they have a tactically good manager who plays decent stuff. 

To be beaten by Killie isnt a disgrace but to be so comfortably beaten is just pish.

The annoying thing is that despite having no flair or guile we are soft as shite.

• Like 1

The more I see the more I believe our model just doesn't work at our level. We don't have the support base to generate enough money since football is now, unfortunately, all about money. We've sold three decent players over the last few years, but what we get for them, good as it once was, simply doesn't earn enough to get anybody in who can fill the gap of the exiting players, and we can't afford to pay the wages of any half decent loan player.

I admire the work done by the Society, but you can now predict attendance will drop, and struggling supporters might be looking to put their money into more practical places unless something dramatic happens, and I can't imagine what that would be.

We're back at the manager issue again n terms of summer signings, team selection, and tactics, albeit there's been injuries as well, and I think sooner than later has to be on the table.

Ugh!!!

I don’t think we showed anything promising today. As with the last few games I’ve watched, we seem to get into a lot of situations that require last ditch defending, our strikers are feeding off scraps, and our aim of getting crosses into the box is pointless as none of our strikers can head the ball (and our crossing has been shite recently). For all the mentions of being a string and physical team, we don’t appear to be that strong or physical. We’re scrappy and nothing else.

Good points? I think we have a decent first XI if Dunne, Hartley and Campbell are in it.

I don’t see bigi lasting in the starting lineup, which is a shame because I like him, but we know what Robinson defaults to when under pressure, and it has kept us up the last couple of seasons, so it’s hard to blame him. Pretty sure Rose and Mchugh will be back in midfield next week.

I’m not going to panic about relegation because it’s still way too early, but any ideas of looking up the table should be dead. This looks like a season where no one is going to be stranded at the bottom and the bottom, mainly due to how bad some of the teams around us are.

There may be calls for sacking the manager, but I just don’t see that happening at this stage. Our next manager will be lasley whenever that happens anyway.

Sammon is fucking dreadful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

I don’t think we showed anything promising today. 

There may be calls for sacking the manager, but I just don’t see that happening at this stage. Our next manager will be lasley whenever that happens anyway 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So at what stage do we sack this clown 8 league wins out of 35 is dire and as you say no promise shown so what are we waiting for ?

11 minutes ago, Fairhill said:

The more I see the more I believe our model just doesn't work at our level. We don't have the support base to generate enough money since football is now, unfortunately, all about money. We've sold three decent players over the last few years, but what we get for them, good as it once was, simply doesn't earn enough to get anybody in who can fill the gap of the exiting players, and we can't afford to pay the wages of any half decent loan player.

I admire the work done by the Society, but you can now predict attendance will drop, and struggling supporters might be looking to put their money into more practical places unless something dramatic happens, and I can't imagine what that would be.

We're back at the manager issue again n terms of summer signings, team selection, and tactics, albeit there's been injuries as well, and I think sooner than later has to be on the table.

Ugh!!!

I see it as it will be when the debt is paid off, i’m taking it Robinson has only received a fraction of that money ?

Finished 1-3 but might well have been 4, 5, 6. Carson has made a couple of smart saves and Tait cleared a certain goal off the line.

In the end we were well beaten by probably the best team I've seen this season and that fact is what I'm taking away from this match.

I keep seeing wee team mentality all over this board, that we can't expect much from a club our size and that the city teams are unchallengeable.

Why then are our closest cousins, in terms of size of club, history, support, so far ahead of us? Kilmarnock have beaten Celtic and Aberdeen and are as good as any team in the country.

At Motherwell we've let our standards fall drastically. That's a problem that is pre-Robinson but it's only been compounded during Robinson term in charge with atrocious outdated tactics, embarrassing style of football and the complete neglect of our youth system.

Things have to change. Kilmarnock showed us today what could be.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Finished 1-3 but might well have been 4, 5, 6. Carson has made a couple of smart saves and Tait cleared a certain goal off the line.

In the end we were well beaten by probably the best team I've seen this season and that fact is what I'm taking away from this match.

I keep seeing wee team mentality all over this board, that we can't expect much from a club our size and that the city teams are unchallengeable.

Why then are our closest cousins, in terms of size of club, history, support, so far ahead of us? Kilmarnock have beaten Celtic and Aberdeen and are as good as any team in the country.

At Motherwell we've let our standards fall drastically. That's a problem that is pre-Robinson but it's only been compounded during Robinson term in charge with atrocious outdated tactics, embarrassing style of football and the complete neglect of our youth system.

I urge anyone who thinks we're on the right track at the moment to read this. Excellent post...

12 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Excellent post.

Killie were in the doldrums for years. They now have a fantastic manager, probably the best in the league.

To be fair getting Clarke was a master stroke. Before that Killie were rank rotten and survived via playoffs. So let us not kid on that Killie have been far ahead for anything apart for the last season and this. If the SFA were at all competent Clarke would be in charge of Scotland by now. 

As for the games v losses ratio. Where is the 35 games coming from. How about quoting from when his tenure started and stop cherry picking for effect. 

I am not for a minute sticking up for Robinson. We are on a rotten run and have found an art of how to lose games. As for Bigi. A decent player yes - but when u need a player to get stuck in he just does not have it. He is a luxury we cannot afford imho. 

Everyone can lose their sh1t of this forum but the Board will back Robbo until we are being cut adrift at the bottom. And so they should. Let’s wait until we have a full 1st run of fixtures and then we will know whether a relation battle is on the cards. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

To be fair getting Clarke was a master stroke. Before that Killie were rank rotten and survived via playoffs. So let us not kid on that Killie have been far ahead for anything apart for the last season and this. If the SFA were at all competent Clarke would be in charge of Scotland by now. 

As for the games v losses ratio. Where is the 35 games coming from. How about quoting from when his tenure started and stop cherry picking for effect. 

I am not for a minute sticking up for Robinson. We are on a rotten run and have found an art of how to lose games. As for Bigi. A decent player yes - but when u need a player to get stuck in he just does not have it. He is a luxury we cannot afford imho. 

Everyone can lose their sh1t of this forum but the Board will back Robbo until we are being cut adrift at the bottom. And so they should. Let’s wait until we have a full 1st run of fixtures and then we will know whether a relation battle is on the cards. 

Thank god 

1 hour ago, siebsbarmyarmy said:

Kilmarnock were garbage but they saw us off quite easily. We are rank rotten and all those who think Robinson will get the punt in a week or two .. no he wont... and when he eventually does go all we will do is promote Lasley so whats the point.