2018'19 Game 8: Livingston (H) Saturday 6th October 2018

Andy_P

Absolutely hopeless.  On a perfect day for football and an excellent surface we were shite throughout. We can't string 2 passes together and just punt the ball aimlessly around the park. Can't fault the effort in defending but really hopeless otherwise. Donnelly crap. Rose crap. Cadden crap. We were holding on from virtually the kick off. Then totally against the run of play we score. We're just lucky that Livi are pish up front or we'd be looking at another defeat. Even the happiest of clappers must realise that Robinson needs to step down now because a season of shitfest games like this is what we'll get if he remains in charge. We're lucky that Dundee. Accies and St.Mirren are also crap cos that's who we're fighting relegation with if we don't change our manager.  It's the international break do the right thing Alan Burrows we've been crap for too long now.

• Like 1

Worse performance I have seen at Fir Park in many a year ,we had players on the park who had no technical ability what so ever no creativity anywhere on the park .The back 3  looked very very nervous and the boy Donnelly should be nowhere near the first team ,the opening 10 to 15 minutes Livingston looked like they were the home team we gave them far to much respect . Can't believe how many corners we defended and left nobody up the park so when we cleared the ball it came right back at us ,let's cut to the chase the man in the dugout time is up he has taken us to a new low today so time up Robinson pack yer bags and go 

• Like 2

Sixty minutes in to a game at home against Livingston and we are camped in to our own 18 yard box. When the ball does break to one of our players we have absolutely no out ball, and yet again it gets aimlessly punted up the wing to absolutely noone. The story of our season. 

We are absolutely chronic, and a big part of that is down to 352 which just doesn't work for us. It's actually working against us. How Robinson can;t see that I don't know. 

• Like 1

FFS what can you say about that performance

absolute non event as a football match both teams would put you off wanting to go to games

Livi were bad but what sort of performance was that from us

Donnelly must be one of the worst players to pull on the jersey in the last 20 years

But to the main cause for concern OUR shape we played back 3 all season and it is just not working but Robinson is determined to persevere with it. A blind man and his dug can see it’s not working but still he continues with it. We still continue to try and put round pegs in square holes eg. Donnelly and Tait on the left when neither of them are comfortable on their left foot created a complete on balance.

I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s his way or no way I cannot believe the seasoned ex pros like Lasley or McManus can sit there and are unable to see what is going on

Im sorry but my patience (along with plenty of people around me in POD) is running out with Robinson ……… he’s dug himself into a hole with the formation and seem unwillingly or incapable of changing it. 

Some of our attempts to pass the ball to our own players today was embarrassing 

Utterly appalling style of football. This can’t go on for much longer. If Burrows and the Board don’t take action soon, we deserve to be relegated.

It’s really sad to see how poorly Cadden and Campbell are playing at the moment. The pair of them look to have been mismanaged. Hopefully they can regain a wee bit of confidence on international duty. 

• Like 1

Today was awful, no argument against that i’m afraid and let’s be honest we all thought it would be. Bit of a must win game for me because as evidenced by the feedback on here it’s obvious the tide was going to turn against Robinson otherwise. What do we do now ? i’m guessing he will get the St Johnstone game and anything other than a win and he will be out ( yes I know many want him gone now). Very sad after last seasons n but it’s results based and we just are not achieving enough points. However getting no rid is a risk, if he goes it’s nearly certainly going to be Lasley with no experience while Robinson has turned things around before. Big decision to make given what’s at stake.

Don’t even know where to start tbh as there was so much wrong . Atrocious football from both teams . It can’t go on like this much longer or attendance will drop big time . Mchugh was right we are a shambles . Probably one of the worst games I’ve ever seen in 50 years of going but that was the pits . Robbie I like him as a person and comes across well but I really fear for him now . The board must be watching closely . I hope he pulls it round and gets us out of this mess but I’m not so sure . Players get managers the sack for days like that

That was a hard watch. No wonder Livi are hard to beat, any pressure in there half they will just blooter the ball away, I seen during the week that the Burnley vs Cardiff game last Sunday that the ball was only in play a total of 42 mins, i think our game surpassed that. Concerning that we couldn't string simple passes together, never been so happy to see an international break. 

We're not going to get better under this regime.  I hate to say it but it's time for Robbo to go.  We can't pass or control a ball and look completely disjointed and devoid of any creativity not to mention confidence at rock bottom.  We need a fresh approach and someone to seriously shake things up.  

• Like 3

The Blarney Stone Kisser strikes again says we have stopped the Rot and you can feel the nervousness around the ground . No we were rotten and no wonder the fans are nervous we haven't a clue what his tactics were today so cmon Alan Burrows if you are the big fan you say you are get this clown out our club tonight 

Horrible performance today with no hint of any light at the end of the tunnel. Winning or losing that style of play will drive people away from Fir Park. For most of the game it was like watching pinball with neither team able to control or pass. Something needs to change and very soon. We are in deep trouble. I cannot see us taking anything from St. Johnstone. A relegation battle it will be for this season.

The thing that worries me is that the club have left it longer that they should have several times in the past, so I don't see this time being any different. It took for protests outside the main stand half way through the game before McGhee got the hook, which was beyond ridiculous that it took for that for the club to take action.

Robinson clearly isn't good enough, as sorry as I am to say that, because he is a likable guy. I would hate for it to take another fan protest before the club take notice, because despite not being good enough, I don't think Robinson deserves that. 

I just hope someone at the top is willing to make the tough decisions. 

A bit of perspective needed I think. I am not going to make a case for the performance because anybody would be hard pushed to say it was good or entertaining. Before the season started I felt that we would see a split in the league this season for the first time in a long time. Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs have all got their acts together in recent times and are genuine top five teams. Kilmarnock then bridge the middle ground thanks to a manager who is one of the best in the league. The rest, ourselves included, are fighting for best of the rest and it is no surprise to see the bottom five teams at this moment. I think Livingston may join that party soon enough although they have given themselves a healthy cushion this early in the season.

The facts are that we have had two wins (if you count the Livi Cup win), one draw and one defeat against our immediate peers and but for a couple of wonder goals that picture may have looked even brighter. 

There are problems to address and Robinson most definitely has his work cut out but I can think of many times in the past that I have walked out onto Firpark Street at quarter to five on a Saturday having watched the worst Motherwell performance EVER!!

That was the worst performance I've witnessed in a long time. There was no football, punts up the field when there was no players there no cohesion at all. Cannot believe how much the team has regressed and only 2 transfers out. What on earth do they do at training because heading the ball does not seem to come into it. Main is like a headless chicken and he hasn't a clue how to head a ball. Like others on here I think Donnelly is a joke, no ability whatsoever. I fear for our future with football like that I think relegation is a distinct possibility.

I’m sure there will still be people on here who will defend our woeful start  to the season. The only positive is that we didn’t lose, and that St.Mirren, Hamilton and Dundee all lost. Barring a miracle there is no way we will be anywhere near the top six this season. It’s only October, however, let the relegation battle commence.

18 months in charge. 25 contracts handed out. And we are served up shite like that.

We get nothing from the wingbacks, the midfield was a complete embarrassment and the strikers work hard but there's no combination between the two of them or with the guys behind. When we get the ball we're like a school team who just gets the head down and goes straight ahead. This is a badly managed team.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Yoshi-1991 said:

The thing that worries me is that the club have left it longer that they should have several times in the past, so I don't see this time being any different. It took for protests outside the main stand half way through the game before McGhee got the hook, which was beyond ridiculous that it took for that for the club to take action.

Robinson clearly isn't good enough, as sorry as I am to say that, because he is a likable guy. I would hate for it to take another fan protest before the club take notice, because despite not being good enough, I don't think Robinson deserves that. 

I just hope someone at the top is willing to make the tough decisions. 

Not sure how we have ever left it too long.... We have stayed in top league since 1985 with one of the lowest budgets... Only other teams with that record... Celtic and Aberdeen... Sometimes after a good season you got to take time out, if you don't have money to spend.... Today was 2 non footballing teams against each other.... Can't blame livi, they have even less resources than ourselves, but they are awful to watch and no team will play much football against them

14 minutes ago, steelboy said:

18 months in charge. 25 contracts handed out. And we are served up shite like that.

We get nothing from the wingbacks, the midfield was a complete embarrassment and the strikers work hard but there's no combination between the two of them or with the guys behind. When we get the ball we're like a school team who just gets the head down and goes straight ahead. This is a badly managed team.

I don't often agree with your point of view Steelboy and from memory have been disagreeing with your views on managers ever since the Jim Gannon days. I tend to want to keep them and you tend to want to sack them. I always find yours opinions interesting however so couple of genuine questions. Do you think this squad of players could be turned into a decent team with the right man in charge and if so who would that man be for you?

What a congregation of shite we have accumulated. The so called stars of last season, Carson Campbell Hartley main all sudddenly look like plodders.  Don’t get me started on cadden or Donnelly.

The managers not helping for sure, granted. Mchugh has been our best centre half this season and gets put in the midfield to beef us up. He could easily have had a few red cards today and  no one could have complained.  

The turgid style of football will only be accepted if we win and that’s not looking likely any time soon.

There’s very few positives to be taken from today

As much as I could have listened to Robinson all day when he first got the job and having two very good cup runs, it becomes quite concerning when you're served up that sort of eye-sore football and the manager starts spouting all sorts of nonsense in interviews about possesion not winning games, playing the percentages etc.

It s as if the players are being directed to just launch the ball and get it away as quickly as possible in the hope that it lands in a promising position.

The problem with that philosophy is the ball then comes straight back.

'If you've got the ball, they won't score' is a fairly basic premise of football.

The 'anti-football' is utterly horrific to watch and doesn't appear to be gaining any more points than playing conventional football would.

I'd argue is probably easier to play against us now, particularly as we seem to have lost our 'physicality' as well.

Understand about budgets, building a solid and fit team etc, but you don't need to ditch all ideas of actually trying to play a bit.

I'm not particularly calling for his head, but things are looking promising.

5 minutes ago, star sail said:

I don't often agree with your point of view Steelboy and from memory have been disagreeing with your views on managers ever since the Jim Gannon days. I tend to want to keep them and you tend to want to sack them. I always find yours opinions interesting however so couple of genuine questions. Do you think this squad of players could be turned into a decent team with the right man in charge and if so who would that man be for you?

I think the main point is that it’s the man in charge who has assembled this shambles of a squad. It’s about whether or not the person in the role is fulfilling their duties rather than who you’d get to replace them. This isn’t directed at you but there’s always some clown out there asking for alternatives if the manager is sacked.

Not been to a game for a wee while, been looking forward to it for a few weeks now thinking we could produce a decent win. How wrong I was. Can't believe what we had to endure as supporters

As others have said you could clearly see the formation was all wrong. Players blootering it to nobody as if we're 1-0 up in a cup final with 2mins to go but this was the entirety of our game plan I guess? 

The management have to take responsibility for that performance today. Very worrying times ahead.

6 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

We have stayed in top league since 1985 with one of the lowest budgets.

A remarkable achievement, however, we shouldn’t forget that we were fortunate to stay up on two occasions. If we don’t improve soon that safety bubble will eventually burst. 

Probably one of the worst performance’s I’ve ever seen at Fir Park, no heart, no fight definitely a team lacking major confidence, manager has to hold his hands up as tactics were all wrong trying to play a long ball team at their own game didn’t work, thing have to improve big time or it will be a long season, we seem to extremely bad at the simple things, watched my boys under elevens pass the ball better in the morning, players need to stand up now and be counted

Didn’t go to killie last week but that performance today was a continuation of the 2nd half at Tynecastle in the cup.

- same 352 that doesn’t work with the players we have.

- hoofball

- no guile or creativity 

- no leaders on the park

- no attacking threat whatsoever 

- glaringly office that we are set up not to concede hence never committing players forward.

- Tait wasted out of position 

- no youth 

- a team that’s actually worse to watch than last years despite all the new signings and an increased wage bill

- players huffing and puffing on the pitch  and starting to argue with each other more and more 

I do believe we have enough with what we’ve got to be safe come April next year but not with Robbo in charge . This is now his Oldham part 2. Time for him to go and someone to take over who can simply man manage and get guys like Tait Campbell Hartley and Cadden playing the way they are capable of playing.

Whoever  has overseen these deals and signings close season along with the increased playing budget also has to have a long hard look at themselves tonight .

We’ve still got time to get out this mess but let’s hope the old pals act doesn’t stand in the  way of what’s best for our club - over to you Mr Burrows et al. 

Hopefully for the good of the club that was Robbos last game today 

• Like 2