2018’19 Game 9: St Johnstone (H) Saturday 20th October 2018

Welldaft Mk1

Another desperate performance and against a team that we should be beating at home.  Sick tired watching us just kick and chase.  We've now played Hamilton, Livingston and St.Johnstone at home and only got 1 point from 9.  Sorry but for me its now time up for Robinson.  Board needs to act quickly and decisively if this is to be turned round.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Really undeserved, thought we played well today.

I’d agree for the first 55 mins. But after that nothing.  Thought Turnbull was very good but then faded, which is not really that unexpected. Certainly done more than enough to merit starting again next week. We just are not an attacking threat at all just now. 

Just now, texanwellfan said:

I’d agree for the first 55 mins. But after that nothing.  Thought Turnbull was very good but then faded, which is not really that unexpected. Certainly done more than enough to merit starting again next week. We just are not an attacking threat at all just now. 

Don't want to keep banging on about a particular player, but Main needs to be benched for a while. He hasn't looked confident since the League Cup groups and any chance he does get puts the fans in danger.

We defended ok up until giving them a free header in the last minute, but we created one half chance and nothing else, at home, that’s terrible. Johnson and Frear were woeful when they came on, when main and Cadden actually looked a little better than previous performances.

Dunne was fine, but was blowing out his arse for the last 20 minutes, and although Turnbull looked composed and assured, he disappeared after 60 minutes.

The ref was pretty poor too, but the loss is on us.

Looks like we lost 300-400 in the attendance from the last home game too.

The only reason I don’t really care if Robinson stays or goes is that it is a stick on that lasley replaces him, and I don’t see what that would change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Don't want to keep banging on about a particular player, but Main needs to be benched for a while. He hasn't looked confident since the League Cup groups and any chance he does get puts the fans in danger.

I have been calling for this since the Hibs game start of the season. he just doesn't look interested at all. 40% max effort and that's when he tries.

3 minutes ago, Well Well said:

I have been calling for this since the Hibs game start of the season. he just doesn't look interested at all. 40% max effort and that's when he tries.

I don't think it's lack of effort so much as a lack of ability. Purple patch when he first arrived but now looking like the player his previous stats suggested he was.. 

9 minutes ago, prideoflanarkshire said:

I am not a football manager but I could have told you in the summer we needed more pace and creativity in the team and we never. Only one person to blame

Whatever our predicament, there's rarely just one person to blame.

If we can't beat a team as poor as that St. Johnstone team at home we are in serious trouble.

For me two bad teams with very little quality between them basically cancelled each other out for most of the match but when it came down to the crunch St. Johnstone upped it and put us under pressure for the last 10 - 15 minutes.  Shouldn't it be the home team doing that to the away team?

Created virtually nothing in the second half except for a couple of excellent balls from Turnbull taking out the St. Johnstone defence.  Main yet again proved his shooting is no where near good enough, even if he does work hard outside the box.  We need a goalscorer desperately.

In a year of league football (28/10/2017 - now) we have a 21.6% win ratio or 8 wins from 37 matches.  We have now failed to score in 5 out of 9 league matches and conceded in all 9.   Can only be described as atrocious.

Things getting pretty serious now.  We cannot lose to either St. Mirren or Dundee.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, numpty said:

Whatever our predicament, there's rarely just one person to blame.

Managers are managers for a reason. Totally his fault. Just like any other boss in the world if they are failing 

he got the praise for the finals. He gets the blame when they are dreadful. Can’t pick and choose

I’d never fault main’s effort, or Bowman’s at that, but neither are goalscorers. Both him and bowman are terrible at getting on the end of, then heading, crosses, and they rarely seem to find space in the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, prideoflanarkshire said:

Managers are managers for a reason. Totally his fault. Just like any other boss in the world if they are failing 

I'm not saying he shouldn't be the one who goes, that's the nature of the job. But his assistant, the players, the physios, the board, the agents of players who've left us or priced prospective signings out of our reach, and probably countless others, have all played a part in where we are today.

Today was totally down to Robinson and Robinson alone.

Subbing off ATS if he's not injured is nothing short of an admission that he doesn't know what he's doing.

The players look like they have no clue what he want's them to do. 

I like Robinson but his time as Motherwell manager has come to and end.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

He should be playing alongside a goalscorer.

Ask the manager why  we have a squad with three similar style forwards who aren't goalscorers.  I don't have the answer to that.

I thought that's his purpose, to score goals..No?.I have never understood the philosophy of playing someone up front who cannot score goals just because he can run about a bit.If he was laying goals on, playing others in I would accept that but he hasn't and never will. So why do we keep playing him. We have a natural goal scorer in Johnson but we insist on benching him every game. 

Edit: "I've brought him here to bolster our attacking options and get amongst the goals," added Robinson. Quote from Manager when he signed. I would strongly argue other than a purple patch when he signed he has done neither.