Welldaft Mk1

2018’19 Game 9: St Johnstone (H) Saturday 20th October 2018

Is that a back 4? Or is ATS playing in midfield?

Dunne, Hartley, Aldred, ATS might be OK.

Wouldn't have Main near a starting position right now - he's miles off the pace.

Is it still 352 though?

Pleased that Dunne is back and Turnball is getting a chance.

I would start Johnston ahead of Main or Bowman though.

The Main Bowman partnership has four goals in three games so I wouldn't be in a rush to split it up.

Dropping Tait seems like a mistake but it'll force Cadden to raise his game.

7am kick off here in LA, been up all night and absolutely exhausted, don’t let us down Motherwell!

2 minutes ago, steelboy said:

The Main Bowman partnership has four goals in three games so I wouldn't be in a rush to split it up.

Dropping Tait seems like a mistake but it'll force Cadden to raise his game.

Main contributed nothing against Livi. He hid for 90 minutes, so we didn't have an out ball and his timing of jumps was so poor he'd be back on the ground as the ball passed over him.  

So apart from doing nothing off the ball and nothing on the ball, aye - let's keep him in.

Glad to see Dunne back.  Tait has been at the root cause of some of our goals recently so I'm not surprised really (and I. a big fan).  Glad to see Turnbull...time for him to grasp his chance. 

Delighted Turnbull is in and the return of Dunne is very welcome. 

Certainly changing things up a bit as he hinted at in his pre-match interview, and interested to see if we line up with the usual 352 or if Robinson has seen its not really been working and opted for 442. 

30 minutes ago, mfcdez said:

Delighted Turnbull is in and the return of Dunne is very welcome. 

Certainly changing things up a bit as he hinted at in his pre-match interview, and interested to see if we line up with the usual 352 or if Robinson has seen its not really been working and opted for 442. 

Surely it is 3-5-2 with the players he’s got in the first 11. Aldred-Hartley-Dunne as a back 3.

Not surprised Tait dropped, he’s looked off the pace this season. Hopefully ATS is ready to make a positive contribution as the lack of balance has hindered us for a long time.

Good luck to young Turnbull. 

Its definetley 3 5 2

Carson 

Aldred   Hartley   Dunne

Cadden Rose Turnbull  Campbel TSinclair

Main             Bowman

4 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Just tuning in, did I miss anything first ten mins?

Not much. Stoppage for a bloody nose. St Johnstone parking the bus and relying on Watt for the counter.

Anyone know wht ATS was subbed so early. Looked annoyed and stormed away. Crying out for Johnson soon as btw.

'Better' than the Livingston match but still far too much high ball and heidy tennis. Bizarre sub of Taylor Sinclair after 23 minutes. Not saying I rate the player but for me that is poor player management unless its injury related which it didn't look to be. Usual problems creating anything outside of high balls into the box but Turnbull has been tidy on the ball. St. Johnstone almost a carbon copy of us, ie very low quality.

10 minutes ago, DEWELL said:

Anyone know wht ATS was subbed so early. Looked annoyed and stormed away. Crying out for Johnson soon as btw.

Ah, begorrah, did oi roit Taylor-Sinclir on the team sheet now ? Oi meant to write Tait, so it is....

Main misses again - Johnson would have scored that one (or at least have hit the target).

11 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Main misses again - Johnson would have scored that one (or at least have hit the target).

A bald Alex Fisher, yer just a bald Alex Fisher...

Oh dear............