Who’s next?

fizoxy

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

My initial reaction to us signing Sammon was that Robinson had just wrote his own P45. Main and Bowman can be good players for us with a partner who can take the ball into feet and play with their head up. They are never a partnership. Johnson looks miles from the required standard the now and Sammon is shite plus Robinson is scared to play him at Fir Park now as it will put him under more pressure.

Main has been rank rotten all season. He hides for portions of the games, his timing of jumps is miles off (just watch him), and he hits the easiest of chances into the crowd. He doesn't need a partner - he needs a run in the Reserves to get his confidence back.

Johnson looks much more of a natural goal scorer than Main, and more likely to score at the moment - or at least more likely to score when we actually create chances. It's telling that Robinson has stopped quoting his favourite "crosses into the box" stat recently, because we are creating next to nothing. 

I thought Barry Maguire was a centre half.
I also don't think Rose is a bad player either or McHugh in there shielding the defence. There is often no one in midfield to give the ball to though.

He is but has been playing mainly defensive midfield for reserves (and doing it very well) as seemingly thats where Robbo see his future.. He did play at centre back though against Sligo as Krones injured

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, wellwell91 said:

YES WE DO

His name is Barry Maguire 

But just like David Turnbull ( up until Saturday) Robinson will not give him a chance

Surely the fact he has given Turnbull his chance would suggest Maguire will also receive his ?

16 hours ago, Clackscat said:

He is but has been playing mainly defensive midfield for reserves (and doing it very well) as seemingly thats where Robbo see his future.. He did play at centre back though against Sligo as Krones injured

So Robbo clearly does see has a future then  but the U20 management team and Robbo deem him not quite ready in that position?

On 10/22/2018 at 8:51 PM, texanwellfan said:

Conversation seems to have wandered off topic, which is fine  but is it because most of us can’t really think of a realistic good option? 

If Robinson does go we'll more than likely be linked with the usual suspects, won't we? It'll be talk of Van Der Gaag, Valakari, with Nijholt getting the odd mention.

And no doubt Edgar Davids will have his CV on Flow's desk before Robinson has even cleared out his office and said his goodbye's.

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:47 AM, underboyleheating said:

When even Malpas is in front of you know that there is trouble at ‘steel’ mill. It would appear that the other managers have sussed Robinson’s tactics and our teams obvious limitations. I like Robinson as a person, however, if we don’t get three points on Saturday it’s time to look for a successor.

I guarantee you that we won't get three points on Saturday....

I'll also guarantee you that we won't lose or draw!:whistling:

• Like 2

So Robbo clearly does see has a future then  but the U20 management team and Robbo deem him not quite ready in that position?
Possibly although the twice I have seen him playing there he was outstanding. Perhaps they want to give him more game time in what is a new position I don't know but I understand he is rated and was on the bench on Saturday.

Whoever it is should be someone with a track record of getting a team to create and score goals as that's clearly where we're lacking. We have a good goalkeeper and with Dunne back and some decent defensive midfielders, we should remain pretty solid, we're not conceding loads of goals. 

Who that would be? No idea but then again, it's not my job to find a new manager, that's down to the board...

8 minutes ago, numpty said:

Anyone with that sort of track record is generally a) employed, b) expensive, or c) both...

Having a track record at our level doesn't guarantee you will be in either of those categories. Just looking for a manager who can somehow fashion a team to score  goals against the likes of Accies and St Johnstone.  That's a long list..