Who’s next?

fizoxy

Id punt Robbo and give it to Las in the interim while we look for someone. Robbo has to go right now, end of story.

A hasty manager search followed by games against Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts & Hibs to begin a new managers tenure could be very tough. Id prefer we took time to try find the right man.

In the Interim, I would love Craggs & McManus to tide us over but doubt Craggs would do it and wouldnt want to disrupt the young teams development unneccessarily. So keep Las as interim boss

21 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

I know Robbo probably has a few games yet, but as an alternative to us all agreeing how bad that game was, and arguing over who played worse, what are the managerial options out there? Is Lasley a stick-on?

Assuming Robinson was fired I don't think Lasley is a stick-on given that financially the club has to remain in the Premiership.  Placing a guy with no managerial experience in charge would be a huge risk.

Having said that I don't understand the antipathy towards Lasley as manager when the current incumbent is so bad.  Do you really believe a Lasley managed team would be even worse than this one?

It all depends on whether Las has his own ideas or is he completely into the Robinson ethos of punt and hope.  I'd like to believe given the player he was he'd want us to get the ball on the deck and play creative football again.  If that's the case I'd give him a shot at least in the interim. 

You can put your money on Lasley  and McManus as interim management team to get us through the Rangers. Celtic. Aberdeen Hearts and Hibs humpings.  In a perfect world is Paul Lambert still out of work.?Would Ian McCall take another crack at the SPL.?

2 minutes ago, DEWELL said:

You can put your money on Lasley  and McManus as interim management team to get us through the Rangers. Celtic. Aberdeen Hearts and Hibs humpings.  In a perfect world is Paul Lambert still out of work.?Would Ian McCall take another crack at the SPL.?

Ian McCall has spoken often about how Ayr Utd is his perfect job and his great relationship with the chairman.  Doubt he'd be interested.

Don't think Lambert would touch us with a barge pole either.

If McManus is in the running for any part of the 1st team managerial set up I would rather we stuck with Robbo . Mr Teflon shouldn’t be near it . It’s team unity we need not a big headed back stabbber 

I would give it to Lasley and allow him the choice of a right hand man which won’t be McManus but problem is Robbo has blown the budget on dross and we now have an over inflated squad of players with no room to bring anyone in .

I do however believe we have enough in the squad to stay up if set up the correct way with someone putting square pegs in square holes.  

Like most Motherwell fans of my generation, I absolutely adore Lasley. However, I’d be surprised and disappointed if he’s in the running. He’s been too involved in a setup that has seen us churn out some of the worst football we’ll ever see. 

The only man in Fir Park who potentially has the credentials to take over the reins at present, is Craigan. And unless he is willing to take the plunge, it’s time to look left field. Burrows and the Board need to be on the lookout for someone that values quality over quantity and places faith in youth.

Even McCall and Baraclough had more points on board by this stage of the season.

It would be one thing if we were getting horsed by the better teams but looked ok, and were picking up points against our peer group.

We simply can’t continue on the trajectory we’re on just now if we wish to stay in the league.

Binning Robinson is only the start however as the new guy is going to be saddled with a squad devoid of any real quality and zero, pace, creativity or flair. Not to mention the bench filling utter garbage signed in the summer clogging up the wage bill.

Whoever signed off on this ridiculous signing approach should be held to account also.

• Like 2

The manager doesnt have to be replaced....yet.

However, he must show a willingness to accept what he is doing just now isnt working.

He must change either the system or the personnel. Preferably both. 

He also needs a decent return from the next 2 games as our December fixtures look horrendous.

If he isnt able to improve our position through November then it will be time to get someone new in place in advance of the winter break to give a new manager a chance to effect some change.

Disagree. We've been crap now for months. The players look fed up. The fans certainly are. Our up and at em style of hoofball isn't working. He's ruining our better players by this nonsense 3-5-2. Tait on the left Cadden on the right of midfield. NO FECKIN LEFT BACK. We create hee haw up front and getting beat at home to teams like Accies and St. Johnstone is unnaceptable. Im gutted he hasn't been punted this morning as we've 10 days to get a replacement.

• Like 1

Hopefully the rest we’re getting will help.

Cadden, Campbell and Bigi in particular, Dunne will be a week fitter...

The problem does seem to be our summer recruitment, none of them have hit the ground running and only Aldred (who barely counts as a new signing) and ATS (who lasted 20 minutes) started.

We didn’t strengthen our starting 11 and added quantity over quality.

I maybe wasn't quite as happy as others were when we resigned Aldred.  He looked decent, but very limited playing alongside Kipre/Dunne/McHugh.  This season there's been no Kipre and he's looked pretty horrendous in most matches.

I'd be looking to bin either him or Hartley asap from the starting XI.  Maguire, McHugh and Dunne would be my shout as we persist with 3 at the back.  Livingstone into left wingback and Tait on the right.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joewarkfanclub said:

However, he must show a willingness to accept what he is doing just now isnt working

I think there in lies the problem.

There has been almost zero interest to attempt anything else.

Subsitutions don't change the system, they squeeze other guys into the existing system.