Where are the bois?

BAZ

Where are the bois?

It was very obvious on Saturday that lots of these boys were absent. They can be idiots at times  but they always made plenty of noise, which is sadly lacking at Fir Park. We cannot afford to lose the support of the young. There seemed to be a number of the bois hanging about around Manse Road and I heard them asking others how the game went. Anyone know the answer to my question?

Edited by BAZ
Wrong spelling

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Where are the bois?

I think the rest of the support are guilty of just leaving it to them to start anything. Although even before the ‘well Bois, any singing always started in that area anyway.

Was wondering what was going on with the group hanging about outside.

Are they all banned or staying away in support of some who are?

Certainly missed their presence on Saturday.

spoke to a steward supervisor today and the question cropped up, the answer was that a few of the bois went to the youths game against the irish mob and a lot of there fans were men woman and chidren all over for a weekend away drinking, singing, and being merry.  and some of the young mob were trying to sq go them after the game and just " being wee dicks "his words not mine ,,,, before I get it in the neck I am just repeating what he told me, its also only a one match ban just so they know they cant get away with it ,,,,, ALEGADLLY,,, if that's how you spell it 

Shame as they do make the atmosphere.

Certainly an element, hangers on maybe, who want to cause trouble. Assuming it's probably the same lads who started breaking seats at Tynecastle after we conceded...including the back of mine! To be fair the boy stopped doing it when I turned round. 

1 hour ago, smiddy said:

spoke to a steward supervisor today and the question cropped up, the answer was that a few of the bois went to the youths game against the irish mob and a lot of there fans were men woman and chidren all over for a weekend away drinking, singing, and being merry.  and some of the young mob were trying to sq go them after the game and just " being wee dicks "his words not mine ,,,, before I get it in the neck I am just repeating what he told me, its also only a one match ban just so they know they cant get away with it ,,,,, ALEGADLLY,,, if that's how you spell it 

If that’s true, and I’ve no reason to doubt you, then those are the actions of absolute roasters and they deserve to be hunted regardless of whether they bang a drum every now and then.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Some of their behaviour at away matches has been an embarrassment to the club, and to themselves, for some time.  Absolutely cringe worthy stuff.  I also heard from Sligo fans that one of their supporters was physically attacked.  If so, bans are the consequence. 

There's no doubt a group like the Well Bois can contribute positively but in my opinion there has been more negative than positive recently.  The club needs to keep these guys under control and if you ask me some 'pruning' is in order.  

As for the atmosphere I'm sure it would pep up a bit if there was anything worth cheering.....perhaps a home league win before December would lift the mood?

20 minutes ago, Big Stall said:

You only need to watch the Humphrey interview on youtube to see how much the bois can and do bring, as well as how much it means to the guys on the park.

The bois and any hangers on, need to watch the interview and get back to what they are good at. Forget the nonsence, just 90mins of noise! 

To a certain extent the Bois have become a victim of their own success. A few years ago the Bois  were the envy of the fans of other club in Scotland - even OF fans I know said they made coming to FP something different - and many other clubs youngsters have tried to emulate them but today (and to an extent last season) some of them seem to be more intent on making a name for themselves and as such have dragged the mainstay away from their original ideals.

I really hope that they get back to why they were started (to create an atmosphere and kick the club and older fans up the arse when required) but I fear that the “hangers on” - who I believe are not really Motherwell fans but others to young to be allowed to go see the bigot brothers alone - will end up causing conflict between the bois, the club and other fans. 

In short it’s up to the real Bois to get back to basic,  self regulate as before, get back the closeness with the club and older fans and reign in the guys intent on causing strife everywhere. 

Dont get me wrong I’m not asking them to be angels — a lot of us older guys weren’t -  and a bit of an edge is what they’re about. I’m not saying they should run away from guys giving them shit but having a go at other teams fans who are not bothering them is out of order - if someone pushes them they should push back but don’t be the pushers. 

End of - slightly drunken - rant. 

15 hours ago, ropy said:

What is the make up of the Bois? Do the older boys move on and get replaced with a younger crew or is it the same group of people who have been involved over a number of years?

I sit in the Cooper and there's a lot of promising youngsters down the front who I think should be given the chance to take the step up to the East Stand. It's always a gamble and some might say they are too young but I think they'd bring that fearless energy only youth can bring. Also, being talked through the game by the older heads can only be good for their development. 

Unfortunately we know it will never happen with the current regime. Quite literally, jobs for the bois. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, CoF said:

I sit in the Cooper and there's a lot of promising youngsters down the front who I think should be given the chance to take the step up to the East Stand. It's always a gamble and some might say they are too young but I think they'd bring that fearless energy only youth can bring. Also, being talked through the game by the older heads can only be good for their development. 

Unfortunately we know it will never happen with the current regime. Quite literally, jobs for the bois. 

If they are loud enough they are old enough

• Haha 2

On 10/28/2018 at 1:18 AM, stuwell said:

To a certain extent the Bois have become a victim of their own success. A few years ago the Bois  were the envy of the fans of other club in Scotland - even OF fans I know said they made coming to FP something different - and many other clubs youngsters have tried to emulate them but today (and to an extent last season) some of them seem to be more intent on making a name for themselves and as such have dragged the mainstay away from their original ideals.

I really hope that they get back to why they were started (to create an atmosphere and kick the club and older fans up the arse when required) but I fear that the “hangers on” - who I believe are not really Motherwell fans but others to young to be allowed to go see the bigot brothers alone - will end up causing conflict between the bois, the club and other fans. 

In short it’s up to the real Bois to get back to basic,  self regulate as before, get back the closeness with the club and older fans and reign in the guys intent on causing strife everywhere. 

Dont get me wrong I’m not asking them to be angels — a lot of us older guys weren’t -  and a bit of an edge is what they’re about. I’m not saying they should run away from guys giving them shit but having a go at other teams fans who are not bothering them is out of order - if someone pushes them they should push back but don’t be the pushers. 

End of - slightly drunken - rant. 

The 'Well Bois' of previous years arent really a thing anymore as such. It's the younger generation who have taken over in the last couple of years and as you can imagine, the age doesn't really push into the 20s hence some behaviour at games which may be slightly suspect. 

Was that one of the bois who ran onto the park tonight?

I don't know if it was the bois or another group but that was pretty disappointing stuff outside the ground tonight after the game. Are we really back to the Seig Heil Motherwell chants and trying to fight with opposing fans?

I read somewhere else that St. Johnstone's group of young fans have been causing trouble recently- hopefully it's not part of a trend.

It's definitely a trend. Been like that pretty much all of this season and to an extent last season as well.  And it seems to be escalating. 

The club and police need to step on it now before it gets out of hand but most likely they won't.  Foresight isn't in great abundance these days.

At least the daftie that ran on the pitch gave us a laugh when he fell on his arse!

It's definitely a trend. Been like that pretty much all of this season and to an extent last season as well.  And it seems to be escalating. 
The club and police need to step on it now before it gets out of hand but most likely they won't.  Foresight isn't in great abundance these days.
At least the daftie that ran on the pitch gave us a laugh when he fell on his arse!
Agree its definitely a trend (and not just at mwell), but the club has taken action, banning those who caused trouble against Sligo. f###wits coming into the ground tonight acting like big shots just looked like pathetic wee boys

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Watching the match on TV, the only noise that I could hear came from the Well Bois...they've been badly missed recently at Fir Park. One or two might fall foul of the rules and regs from time-to-time, but in the main, they are young lads trying to back the team they support...while everyone else sits on their hands and moans about them.

• Like 1

Watching the match on TV, the only noise that I could hear came from the Well Bois...they've been badly missed recently at Fir Park. One or two might fall foul of the rules and regs from time-to-time, but in the main, they are young lads trying to back the team they support...while everyone else sits on their hands and moans about them.

I agree the vocal support they have provided over the last few years has been much needed, but recently their antics have taken on a more malevolent feel, and it was more than 'one or two' acting like f###wits last night. If you think that because they make noise at games then thats OK, fair enough, but I can't agree with you.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...