Where are the bois?

BAZ

37 minutes ago, santheman said:

Wee bit of retaliation going on as well apparently.

Some nice new artwork on one of their stands. Hope it doesn't develop into any more of a tit for tat situation

would be good to see the photos of the handy work, or will yaccies clean it off before there game today

• 2 weeks later...

I see the Gofundme page has been taken down with an explanation by Stuart Turner who set it up.  A nice gesture by him I have to say but he acknowledges that there's more to the issue than he thought at first.  I'm in the same boat and am a bit puzzled by the whole thing.  

35 minutes ago, superward said:

Perhaps a gofundme page for the seats they broke and chucked about on Saturday is it's replacement. 

Indeed. Our fans have to realise that if we are going to, quite rightly, get pissed off when the likes of the Old Firm damage our stadium for shits and giggles, it looks like the height of hypocrisy when a section of our support does the same.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

seating was a shambles at that end of the ground & in a poor state of repair.

It was indeed.  By 2.50 it was obvious that the stand was going to be full or as near as dammit (with the exception of the very end section, which was cordoned off for some reason).  Late arrivals couldn't get seats and were just milling about whilst stewards just stood.  Fans then began to stand at the front and down an aisle leading to a potentially serious health & safety issue.  They had to wait ages before the gazebo stand was opened up.  Everyone could see that they needed to open it up  - why did it take so long? All totally predictable and avoidable. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

It was indeed.  By 2.50 it was obvious that the stand was going to be full or as near as dammit (with the exception of the very end section, which was cordoned off for some reason).  Late arrivals couldn't get seats and were just milling about whilst stewards just stood.  Fans then began to stand at the front and down an aisle leading to a potentially serious health & safety issue.  They had to wait ages before the gazebo stand was opened up.  Everyone could see that they need to open it up  - why did it take so long? All totally predictable and avoidable. 

What I find annoying Dave is this has been going on for a few years now  .

6 minutes ago, postiejim said:

What I find annoying Dave is this has been going on for a few years now  .

Every time we go there it’s the same shambles.

At least they had a bit of a system for ticket/PATG and most of our fans appear to have learned from past experiences and turned up pretty sharp to see KO.

Still took me about 15 minutes to get in, which is 14 minutes longer than any other ground. 

11 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

Not condoning their actions, but, seating was a shambles at that end of the ground & in a poor state of repair.

They were in a lot worse state of repair after Accies goal. For a good couple of minutes after there were cracking and banging sounds coming from the end section.

As someone else said, we would slate any fans as scum if they came to fir park and did that.

Surprised nothing has been mentioned in media re the seats getting launched on park or the incident in the accies stand which I presume was Well fans in their end.  I did think the atmosphere was great at times, first time in a while a large following gets a result 

22 minutes ago, 1991 said:

Surprised nothing has been mentioned in media re the seats getting launched on park or the incident in the accies stand which I presume was Well fans in their end.  I did think the atmosphere was great at times, first time in a while a large following gets a result 

If it's the same incident you are referring to, I heard the stand fiasco was a drunk Accies fan throwing a few haymakers without coming close to making a connection.

22 minutes ago, weeyin said:

If it's the same incident you are referring to, I heard the stand fiasco was a drunk Accies fan throwing a few haymakers without coming close to making a connection.

Apparently it was the hospitality section. Couple of Well fans in there and a bit drunk alongside some Accies fans also a bit drunk. According to an Accies fan stewards could have a done a good more to stop it all happening to begin with.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Every time we go there it’s the same shambles.

At least they had a bit of a system for ticket/PATG and most of our fans appear to have learned from past experiences and turned up pretty sharp to see KO.

Still took me about 15 minutes to get in, which is 14 minutes longer than any other ground. 

It was a shambles as predicted. We got there early and just sat in our numbered seats about half way up the stand so we were fine. Steward beside us was saying sit anywhere, steward at the bottom of the steps saying the opposite! Plenty of unhappy punters near a d just after kixk iff. What chance have ye got.

Seemed a bit ridiculous at the Bois end to have the wee section closed off - they must have been expecting a full stand surely.

7 minutes ago, superward said:

Seemed a bit ridiculous at the Bois end to have the wee section closed off - they must have been expecting a full stand surely.

How could they possibly predict 2000+ Motherwell fans turning up at NDP...

:lol:

They did a marginally better job than usual of getting us into the ground, but had little or no control inside.

Are those nets behind the goal supposed to stay up? Didn’t do anything for the view and would imagine a safety issue if there was an emergency in the stand and we had to evacuate as 2/3 of the stand is basically fenced in.

The stewards knew from the start that the gazebo was going to be opened up because they asked all the disabled fans to sit in the LHS and leave the rest for any overspill from the main stand. Probably waiting to see how many PATG fans turned up before doing it.

18 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

Not condoning their actions, but, seating was a shambles at that end of the ground & in a poor state of repair.

I, in no way, condone the damaging of seats or throwing of missiles onto the pitch, but I wasn't at all surprised by what happened.  Dougie Imrie knew exactly what he was doing after he scored.  He quite intentionally ran over to the most volatile element of our support and incited and provoked them.  Now he is 35 years of age and they are mostly teenagers - old enough to be their father in most cases and he should know far better.  He might even be the Accies captain.  I had no problem with him celebrating his goal but to do so in such a fashion?  I really was expecting the referee, stewards or police to intervene but none did so.  At the very least he deserved a yellow card.  In my book his actions were worse than Michael Higdon's at Tannadice a few years ago. 

10 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Imrie has been getting horrific abuse (including from me) for years.

I don't think we can have any complaints about him giving some back.

Yes we can he is an obnoxious wee shite who nobody would tire of slapping, he deserves all he gets, as kmcalpin says he should know better but he chooses not to, so feck him.