Where are the bois?

BAZ

Dougie Imrie is a pantomime villain. We love to hate him. He loves that we hate him and plays up to it. Its entertainment and the game would be much more dull without characters like him.

Not sure what ripping seats up and lobbing them on the pitch adds to the spectacle.

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Yes we can he is an obnoxious wee shite who nobody would tire of slapping, he deserves all he gets, as kmcalpin says he should know better but he chooses not to, so feck him.

You have to love the mentality of football fans lol

Spend 90 mins screaming about Imrie being a Prick/Wanker/Shitebag/Poof/, Fuck You/Yer Maw/ bla bla bla, then rip out seats and throw them at him in pure rage cause he scores and makes them look a cunt. 

And not only that, they them blame HIM and try to justify them acting like cunts. Its hilarious

• Like 5

We all love giving players stick, and part of it is sucking it up when they get one over on us. Tearing out seats isn’t the correct response.

The last thing I want to see is the sterile atmosphere you get in the USA in sports like baseball where any hint of showboating is vilified. Antagonists like Imrie keep the game interesting. If players want to act like dicks or dance like twats, that’s fine by me, makes it sweeter in the occasions we win.

• Like 1

Imrie is terrific value, imo.

The ticketing there is a consistently a mess. I understand folk want to sit in 'their' ticketed seat, but I paid two in, got one in row A seat 60 (or something similar) and one in row d seat 23. Shrug.

14 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Dougie Imrie is a pantomime villain. We love to hate him. He loves that we hate him and plays up to it. Its entertainment and the game would be much more dull without characters like him.

Not sure what ripping seats up and lobbing them on the pitch adds to the spectacle.

12 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

Imrie is terrific value, imo.

Exactly.

We love to hate guys like Imrie, Scott Brown, Morelos etc.

It adds to the match day experience for me having a pantomime villain on the park or an utter donkey full back to hurl abuse at from the east stand.

When they give it back, we need to suck it up, and store it for when we get one up on them.

47 minutes ago, Neilwell86 said:

If I had taken pelter's all afternoon, called every name under the sun and then scored you can absolutely guarantee i'm heading straight for you. If you say otherwise you are lying. No issue with Imrie celebrating the way he did. Tit for tat. 

The thing is he hadn't.  He scored in 17 minutes, fairly early on in the game.  Of course there's history between him and a section of our support and I get that.  Until he scored any "abuse" was fairly low key by historic standards.  I suggest on this occasion he ramped it up.  Its only human to react when subjected to constant abuse, but I hadn't heard much up until that point.  Irrespective of historical antagonism he should not have run over to our support and gesture.  The missile throwing could have ended much worse than it did.  The pantomime villain stuff is ok up to a point but on Saturday it was in grave danger of really boling over. 

11 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

The thing is he hadn't.  He scored in 17 minutes, fairly early on in the game.  Of course there's history between him and a section of our support and I get that.  Until he scored any "abuse" was fairly low key by historic standards.  I suggest on this occasion he ramped it up.  Its only human to react when subjected to constant abuse, but I hadn't heard much up until that point.  Irrespective of historical antagonism he should not have run over to our support and gesture.  The missile throwing could have ended much worse than it did.  The pantomime villain stuff is ok up to a point but on Saturday it was in grave danger of really boling over. 

Apart from the constant abuse some fans feel the need to dish out every time he plays against us?

The last Accies game I was at, the guy in front of me was screaming "Haw Imrie, yir Maw's a mattress" literally every 2 or 3 minutes.  Of course, like any player, Imrie doesn't give a crap. On the other hand, I was ready to deck the guy by half-time.

28 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Dougie Imrie is to blame for folk throwing seats at Dougie Imrie, is it?

2 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

What a fuckin sensitive sally you are

2 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

Dougie Imrie is to blame for folk throwing seats at Dougie Imrie, is it?

Did I say that?

Of course he isn't to blame.  However if you're dealing with volatile and hyped up young folk the last thing you want to do is to goad them.  They might act perfectly peacefully but they might not.  Its just not worth the risk.  There's no excuse for chucking missiles onto the pitch end of but common sense says you don't inflame the situation.  By all means celebrate if you score but don't inflame a potentially dangerous situation or put yourself in danger.  Had Imrie or someone else been hit on the head by a seat or other missile it would have been no laughing matter.  Common sense says you walk away.  Dougie Imrie, at 35, is a senior player and should have known better irrespective of any provocation. He should have set an example to younger players.  

• Like 1

I have no issue with Imrie celebrating in front of us for me that adds to the atmosphere, at the end of the day we sing his maws a matress every game, so when he scores right in front of us human nature takes over. It not like he ran the length of the park. I sound like I'm the Dougie Imrie fan club but I'm not, if you get singled out ie Scott Brown, Leigh Griffiths Wayne Rooney and get a chance to silence the haters for a few seconds is that so bad.  

Imrie is well within his rights to give a bit back if he’s been getting pelters all game, or in his case, for seasons. It all adds to the fun and it’d be pretty boring without these pantomime villains. 

One of the best I can remember is Calum Higginbotham scoring a double for Partick in the 4-3 game and running the full length of the east stand giving it big licks after he’d been given it tight all afternoon. Some characters in the east stand were absolutely apoplectic with rage. 

He then got subbed when they were 3-2 up and once McManus made it 4-3 the chants of ‘Calum what’s the score?’ rang around...brilliant stuff. 

15 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Did I say that?

Of course he isn't to blame.  However if you're dealing with volatile and hyped up young folk the last thing you want to do is to goad them.  They might act perfectly peacefully but they might not.  Its just not worth the risk.  There's no excuse for chucking missiles onto the pitch end of but common sense says you don't inflame the situation.  By all means celebrate if you score but don't inflame a potentially dangerous situation or put yourself in danger.  Had Imrie or someone else been hit on the head by a seat or other missile it would have been no laughing matter.  Common sense says you walk away.  Dougie Imrie, at 35, is a senior player and should have known better irrespective of any provocation. He should have set an example to younger players.  

I'd disagree with.... all of this, but batter on Helen Lovejoy. 

47 minutes ago, Dezz said:

One of the best I can remember is Calum Higginbotham scoring a double for Partick in the 4-3 game and running the full length of the east stand giving it big licks after he’d been given it tight all afternoon. Some characters in the east stand were absolutely apoplectic with rage. 

He then got subbed when they were 3-2 up and once McManus made it 4-3 the chants of ‘Calum what’s the score?’ rang around...brilliant stuff. 

Big Derek Townsley doing the same when he moved to Hibs had the same folk spitting feathers!