Chrissy Cadden

nacnud14

Don’t wont to be the bearer of band news especially just starting the week off, but heard some bad news about non debatebly our best player. Heard off a reliable source that Chrissy is signing a pre contract with the scummy hearts in January.  Rajing at this news as means we will lose out on such a talent and/or a big sum of money we should get.

3 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

If that happened we’d get a development fee, so we won’t be missing out on much money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The  development fee would be peanuts compared to what he’s worth, if kipre went at 1 mil I reckon cadden should be upwards of that.

If Hearts is the level of his ambition, we wouldn't have been getting 1 million for him from any teams down south. 

We managed to get a few quid from Preston for Moult when he could have gone for free, so sometimes the system works for us and sometimes it works against us.  If he does go to Hearts the development fee should at least mean he'll cost them more than they offered us last season.

I’m sure that I heard somewhere that the reason he’s still with us is that the development fee we are due was more than any team had offered for him so we were happy to run down his contract and let him leave - I believe that if he signs another contract with us his development fee is void due to his age. 

Bit of an unfortunate position with Cadden.  When he signed his last contract extension I was expecting he'd go for a fair whack down south before the end of it. 

I'm a Cadden fan but he's just not kicked on technically as we had hoped or expected. He's still basically the same player he was when he broke through. Add to that, playing at wing back which at times isn't ideal for him to show what hes good at and it's a bit of a perfect storm

I'm a fan, so I'd like to see him stay, but I can't see anyone coming in for to pay money and he probably needs to move on to progress his career/earnings.

Not bothered tbh development fee is rumoured to be around 600 K and don’t see us getting any more than that but if rumour true he’s been tapped up as clubs not allowed to talk to him until January unless I’m mistaken . Would take this with a pinch of Salt as well as would be surprised if Cadden made arrangements behind clubs back when he’s free to do what he wants in 2 months time .

The  development fee would be peanuts compared to what he’s worth, if kipre went at 1 mil I reckon cadden should be upwards of that.
Sorry lad, I like Chris, but as he has not kicked on this season(not all his fault) getting a 600k dev fee is as much as we can expect.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Is this the Chris Cadden who's last league goal was 46 games ago?

Has very little effect on matches these days and its debatable if he should even be in the first XI.

Cadden was a prospect when he broke through but Robinson's tenure was a huge blow to his development. 

To be honest going to Hearts would be a smart move for him.  He's not good enough to play at a higher level but he'd get paid a lot more and might kick on again away from Fir Park.

• Like 1

There’s a number of inaccuracies above regarding the value of his development fee.  If he goes to hearts we will not receive £600k or even close to it.  

The opening poster may prove to be right with his exclusive but If hearts have aspirations to compete at the top of the league they will need much better players than Chris cadden.

4 minutes ago, Big Wispy Flossy said:

There’s a number of inaccuracies above regarding the value of his development fee.  If he goes to hearts we will not receive £600k or even close to it.  

The opening poster may prove to be right with his exclusive but If hearts have aspirations to compete at the top of the league they will need much better players than Chris cadden.

They signed Jake Mulraney from Inverness so anything is possible.

4 hours ago, superward said:

Bit of an unfortunate position with Cadden.  When he signed his last contract extension I was expecting he'd go for a fair whack down south before the end of it. 

I'm a Cadden fan but he's just not kicked on technically as we had hoped or expected. He's still basically the same player he was when he broke through. Add to that, playing at wing back which at times isn't ideal for him to show what hes good at and it's a bit of a perfect storm

I'm a fan, so I'd like to see him stay, but I can't see anyone coming in for to pay money and he probably needs to move on to progress his career/earnings.

I would agree with this. Yes I know he’s a crowd favourite but he’s just so limited technically, I think he’s just going backwards in truth. Something needs to change and I think that’s maybe a move to another club. Yes he’s playing as a wing back and that does not suite him but i’m not  buying the “it’s all Robinson’s fault “ line,  it’s more than that i’m afraid, he’s just not developed.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

I would agree with this. Yes I know he’s a crowd favourite but he’s just so limited technically, I think he’s just going backwards in truth. Something needs to change and I think that’s maybe a move to another club. Yes he’s playing as a wing back that does not suite him but i’m not  buying the “it’s all Robinson’s fault “ line,  it’s more than that i’m afraid, he’s just not developed.

Nail on the head.  He’s got the technical ability akin to eliphas shivute 

• Like 1

Not sure that's fair of all opinions....

I'd love to see Cadden stay and get better with us. He can be an asset (see 7 assists last season). But with his contract up soon,  the current system and management team I can't see him 1) Improving technically or 2) Wanting to stay. 

When Faddy was here I remember Cadden saying he was working with him one to one on his attacking skills. Thats what he needs.

45 minutes ago, 1991 said:

At right mid with Tait behind him Cadden is great but as the manager plays players out of position his defensive responsibility takes away his attacking threat. I think he would be a massive loss. 

Yep - agree with the first sentence.

Although, I don't think be would actually be a massive loss on current form in the current system.

However, I do think it could be a massive loss potential wise. Robbo could go, a new manager could easily come in, work with him, play him where he is best suited and revitalise him.....

He’s possibly the only player in the midfield you could describe as a ball carrier or pacey so he’d certainly be a loss. 

For me he’s a winger, it’s  a shame he never really took his chance when he started the season in an advanced central position.