Chrissy Cadden

nacnud14

Lot of folk be pleased to see him go judging on the pelters he gets. Personally I think Robinson hasca lot to answer for but with most things he takes the blame for nothing....COYW.    PS. corny joke time......the missus was watching strictly on sat night....Faye Tower from Steps was on........if only judges scores had been 5 6 7 8..........(ah'll get me coat)

7 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Personally I think Robinson hasca lot to answer for but with most things he takes the blame for nothing

You must be reading different posts from me because the ones I have seen have blamed Robinson for everything from our league position to the post-Brexit Irish Border problem

2 minutes ago, weeyin said:

You must be reading different posts from me because the ones I have seen have blamed Robinson for everything from our league position to the post-Brexit Irish Border problem

Weeyin what I meant is that Robbo himself accepts blame for nowt. he seems to blame everyone else. Latest being new signings......he's the one that signed them!!!

If Cadden goes to Hearts we would be looking at compensation of around £200 to £300k absolute maximum. In all likelihood Hearts wouldn't offer that as much and would go to Tribunal. 

If he went to England we would be entitled to absolute minimum of £600, possibly as high £1m in compensation. 

So while it's inevitable he will be leaving in the summer, would much rather it is to a club down south. However, any interested parties will be fully aware of potential compensation. 

Also worth noting, for us to be entitled to compo we have to offer him a new contract on improved terms before his contract expires or he can leave for absolutely nothing. The club has previous of this with Robbie Leitch's move to Burnley. 

Not every move out the club will generate us a wadge of cash. We have taken advantge of the transfer rules many times (like getting Chris Porter on a free) and done some great deals (Ojamaa and Anier for example). We even managed to get money for Moult from PNE when he could have signed a pre-contract and gone for free. Not to mention the deals we got for guys like Henighan and Hall. 

So if, once in a while it doesn't work out to our full advantage, we can't complain too much.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Dundee United had to pay £200,000 for Charlie Telfer when he was 19. Aberdeen apparently had to pay over 200 grand for Lewis Ferguson who was also 19.

In the two high profile tribunals the panel seem to have followed the FIFA guidelines so we might still get a decent amount.

That's right. I think, at least part of the development fee, is still formula driven - depending on things like the level the signing team plays at. So as long as we don't do anything that prevents it being applied we should still get a few quid.