Chrissy Cadden

nacnud14

On 10/31/2018 at 12:20 PM, Well Up For It! said:

If Cadden goes to Hearts we would be looking at compensation of around £200 to £300k absolute maximum.

If he went to England we would be entitled to absolute minimum of £600, possibly as high £1m in compensation. 

Does the compensation fee for a young player change depending on where they end up?

I mean I know it's often a mutual agreement between clubs. But if its not, and it goes to tribunal surely the fee is calculated objectively?

I think the calculation has something to with whether the new club is ranked as a higher category than the old club. (I thought I had a link to the UEFA rules somewhere, but I can't find them).

At least part of the value comes from a formula, but I don't know if that makes up 100% of the fee.

• Thanks 1

I haven't quite worked out what his position has been the past couple of games. 

Nominally right back, but has been so advanced most of the time it's been more of an attacking midfielder. 

Maybe we have invented a new position - False 2.

It has certainly worked. 

On 10/30/2018 at 8:30 AM, gee said:

He’s possibly the only player in the midfield you could describe as a ball carrier or pacey so he’d certainly be a loss. 

For me he’s a winger, it’s  a shame he never really took his chance when he started the season in an advanced central position. 

It's official he is now a right back says  Robinson 

Fot me, Cadden's best role as it stands is when he has a bit of a start to run  at players at pace, and has some support to either play the ball off, or overlap. Its when be has to do it from a standing start and rely on close skill to get round a player he struggles. That's not a slight on him- just the way it is I think. Similar to when Pearson broke in I think...he was so much better travelling at pace.

So, wether it's right back himself, or right mid with a good attacking  right back behind him, or even  right wing back bit with decent tehnical support from midfield...all I think could work. But right back thus far seems the best bet as it gives him a wee bit more time to do things and get motoring. Expecting Cadden to do it all on his own as a wing back or winger just isn't going to work until the technical ability improves.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2018 at 6:06 AM, Wellfan1984 said:

Is that you disagreeing with the manager's assessment?

not directly more so a comment on his ability to deliver soundbites that will get thrown back in his face  ,

but I do disagree, as a primary function of a RB in my opinion is to be able to defend , that isnt Caddens game , just an opinion though.

2 minutes ago, Brazilian said:

not directly more so a comment on his ability to deliver soundbites that will get thrown back in his face  ,

but I do disagree, as a primary function of a RB in my opinion is to be able to defend , that isnt Caddens game , just an opinion though.

I agree, but it's a strange quirk of the modern game that full backs don't need to be able to defend. The focus seems to be how well they can bomb up and down the wing.

As an ex-left back who was never allowed to cross the half way line, it never seemed a good thing to me.

I seem to remember a debate last season about Cadds and how the manager had been causing frustration by playing him out of position  and thus stifling his potential.

I remember saying at the time that in the modern game, his prospects south of the border would be better as a RWB.

I think Superward nails it. My opinion hasn’t changed. That RB/RWB position for Scotland is up for grabs and the most likely opportunity for a player like Cadden to play at that or a higher domestic level.

He would flourish in a relatively decent side playing 4231 for example. Whether he achieves the giddy heights anticipated by some Well fans is debatable but much of that is about objectivity.