• David Turnbull
    • Curtis Main
    • Liam Grimshaw
    • Ryan Bowman
    • Allan Campbell
    • Danny Johnson
    • Barry Maguire
    • Null Vote

Cadds. Great goal and he showed how much more effective he is when he's not saddled with playing wing back. When Dunne is back get him to LB, Tait to RB and Cadden into Grimshaw's position tonight.

Turnbull was excellent and has nailed down his starting position. Bowman and Main have both benefited from him offering a midfield threat.

McHugh was my man of the match, up until he got booked, then quite understandably he tailed off a wee bit. Cadden has came in for much criticism from me for a good while now, but last night he delivered...he looked to have more energy than usual, put in some wicked balls and scored a really nice goal, so he gets my man of the match.

Turnbull? I'm not getting overly exited yet, I thought he gave the ball away cheaply on a few occasions, but hopefully thats something that will iron itself out

13 hours ago, Electric Blues said:

For the first time ever I was going to vote for Craig Samson, but his name is unaccountably absent from the list.

He should've stopped the first one, but that said, it was a sweet hit and some better goalies than him would probably still have let it slip through in those conditions. It was exactly the right thing for us to be trying, and it paid off. Can't really fault him for the second, Cadds couldn't have placed it better.

Not to defend Samson for one minute, but I'd rather give credit to Turnbull. I was watching the goal again on Alba and his shot dipped, swerved and bounced right in front of the keeper.  A keeper's nightmare in those conditions. I've seen better goalies than Samson let those in - Darren Randolph when he was at West Ham, for example.

So yes, Samson might have saved it, but Turnbull deserves credit for taking his chance.

1 hour ago, numpty said:

He should've stopped the first one, but that said, it was a sweet hit and some better goalies than him would probably still have let it slip through in those conditions. It was exactly the right thing for us to be trying, and it paid off. Can't really fault him for the second, Cadds couldn't have placed it better.

43 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Not to defend Samson for one minute, but I'd rather give credit to Turnbull. I was watching the goal again on Alba and his shot dipped, swerved and bounced right in front of the keeper.  A keeper's nightmare in those conditions. I've seen better goalies than Samson let those in - Darren Randolph when he was at West Ham, for example.

So yes, Samson might have saved it, but Turnbull deserves credit for taking his chance.

I quite agree that Turnbull deserves all credit for the shot. (Just for the record, I voted for Cadden.)

I typed the original comment during the Alba highlights, and was alluding as much to the way Samson was flapping at corners and crosses, and just generally failing to inspire his defence with any confidence. (I didn't think Bowman did much wrong on the one that ended up in the net near the end of the first half either, although not speaking Gaelic that might have been disallowed for an offside rather than a foul, who knows.)