• David Turnbull
    • Curtis Main
    • Gael Bigirimana
    • Ryan Bowman
    • Danny Johnson
    • Allan Campbell
    • Conor Sammon
    • Null Vote

Lot of good performances today.  Grimshaw is one of those players that gets better and better with game time. Thought he was excellent today.

Aldred and Hartley dug deep when required, and Tait put in a good shift.

Turnbull turned in the same level of performance he manages in the U20s/Reserves, but definitely benefits from having Bigi alongside. You can see they are on the same wavelength and a lot of Turnbull's excellent play was started by Bigi finding him with a pass. 

I'd give Turnbull man of the match just for his goal. We will need to be patient with him, though, as he will inevitably hit rough patches and need benched from time to time. 

Absolutely delighted to see Grimshaw and Cadden right up there as contenders, but I went for Turnbull for the overall performance, not just the goal.

That said, he'd have a good case for MOTM if that had actually been his only touch of he game, what a belter! It was very reminiscent of Colin O'Neill's wonder strike, albeit into the opposite corner. In both cases, I suspect the ball would have made it into low earth orbit if the net hadn't been there, they showed no signs of ever dipping.