Away fans in the POD

DEWELL

13 minutes ago, Yassin said:

I'm not particularly bothered as I don't sit in the POD, but if your day is ruined by sitting in the same stand as some away fans for 90 minutes then I'm not sure if football's the sport for you.

Spoken like someone who has never had to put up with Celtic or Rangers fans pish in the O'Donnell stand. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Yassin said:

I'm not particularly bothered as I don't sit in the POD, but if your day is ruined by sitting in the same stand as some away fans for 90 minutes then I'm not sure if football's the sport for you.

Why dont you go the whole hogg and sit in the Copland Road stand at Ibrox and  the Lisbon Lions stand at Parkhead for away games. You've got to be at the wind up here. Away fans in the POD is a nightmare simples.

9 hours ago, Yassin said:

You are obviously a lot younger than me with less experience of the bile the bigot brothers bring with them on match day. I have been a fan for well over 50 years, nearly 60 years, followed them everywhere. But being called a f****n bastard or an orange cunt, on numerous occasions, even asked by a h*n cunt what religion I was when sitting in the main stand, I gave up attending those matches. But I gave it a go again in 1993, a few days after the IRA killed two wee boys in Warrington, we had to endure almost 5,000 bigots giving us varying renditions of IRA songs. Even a Police officer next to me was visibly upset. Then John Boyle made me give up my season ticket seat in the Cooper Stand to accommodate this vermin, I gave up and have never been back.

Celtic and Rangers are the scum of Scotland and I hate them with a passion that is unhealthy. Anyway, I have said my bit.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Will you consider returning now?

My brother and I, and my son, had season tickets in the back row of the Cooper Stand, W35,36,37. I think those were the seat numbers, I still have all the season books in my loft. We chose our seats when the stand opened , remember talking to John Chapman about finishing off the main stand, he quipped that we need another Phil sale to fund any more ground improvements. I still see him now and again at a garden centre we and my wife frequent. Anyway, football is not the same as it was when I was a wee boy.

Wasn't nice being papped out of the Davie Cooper stand to allow the Old Firm fans to have it. So I have felt that POD fans have had a bad deal when they are accommodated in there.

I can sometimes see it for some of the other games but why should you have to give up your usual seat or season ticket seat to let someone else sit there.

The South Stand is there, I would rather see it in use than lying empty during a game.

On the other side, the Evil Sisters are already reducing the number of tickets for away fans, they still get a better view of the game and less hassle than when we go there. So they can't complain if they only get the South Stand.

14 hours ago, Yassin said:

I've sat metres away from Old Firm fans at Ibrox, Parkhead and Hampden before, but thankfully I've managed to avoid the apparent warzone that the Phil O'Donnell turns into under similar circumstances. 

Lucky you. 

If you'd ever had to try and negotiate your way past the cunts while trying to get children who are with you to the toilet and for drinks etc then you'd maybe change your tune. Bottom line is this, they shouldn't be in beside the home fans at all. They're absolute cretins of the highest order.

• Like 3

I still have horrible memories of when they were given the RHS of the POD stand directly above the disabled section and having to listen to the disabled fans being called every name under the sun (can't even bring myself to write down some of the words) so you can imagine, being spat on and having drinks thrown on top of you. 

Try explaining that to a young guy with learning difficulties who is in a wheelchair who I support at games.

Funny how it never happens with any other teams other than the old firm.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, santheman said:

I still have horrible memories of when they were given the RHS of the POD stand directly above the disabled section and having to listen to the disabled fans being called every name under the sun (can't even bring myself to write down some of the words) so you can imagine, being spat on and having drinks thrown on top of you. 

Try explaining that to a young guy with learning difficulties who is in a wheelchair who I support at games.

Funny how it never happens with any other teams other than the old firm.

It is how they assert their inherent superiority. 

It is a shame that people cannot be relied upon to behave themselves, but this change in policy is a necessary result of the times that we live in.  It has obviously got to the stage where the aggravation caused by visiting fans in the main stand is just not worth the extra income that they generate. It is also worthwhile for our club to work to try and make the match day experience for our own fans as safe and enjoyable as possible. What beggars belief is the attitude of the fans of certain clubs who cannot comprehend that, when they turn up and behave like the bunch of c*nts that they probably are, that people decide that they want nothing whatsoever to do with then. Losing the £25 that each pays for admission, two or three times a season seems a small price to pay.

• Like 4

On 5/24/2019 at 9:45 PM, Yassin said:

I've sat metres away from Old Firm fans at Ibrox, Parkhead and Hampden before, but thankfully I've managed to avoid the apparent warzone that the Phil O'Donnell turns into under similar circumstances. 

Yeah....that's exactly he same thing. Nailed it mate. 

Correct decision by the club.

As a fan owned club, our own fans should come first.

It really is that simple.

On a positive note, look what Kilmarnock achieved on the last day of the season.

By taking bold decisions like this, you might actually encourage more Motherwell fans to turn out and support their team if they feel they will be able to do so in a safe environment.

On 5/24/2019 at 9:13 PM, tintowellfan said:

My brother and I, and my son, had season tickets in the back row of the Cooper Stand, W35,36,37. I think those were the seat numbers, I still have all the season books in my loft. We chose our seats when the stand opened , remember talking to John Chapman about finishing off the main stand, he quipped that we need another Phil sale to fund any more ground improvements. I still see him now and again at a garden centre we and my wife frequent. Anyway, football is not the same as it was when I was a wee boy.

That's a pity that some bad experiences against Rangers and Celtic have put you off. I also moved to the Cooper Stand when it was built and, despite season ticket holders there voting not to move for Skippy Sunday, we were moved into the Main Stand for Old Firm games the following season. The club realised that was a mistake and have now realised it is more important to look after their own supporters in the Main Stand than take the money from allowing Old Firm supporters to site beside them, with the negative impact on the match experience that brings.

Hopefully this move will help see more Motherwell supporters feel comfortable enough in the future as I am sure the home attendance takes a dip for these fixtures.

That's a pity that some bad experiences against Rangers and Celtic have put you off. I also moved to the Cooper Stand when it was built and, despite season ticket holders there voting not to move for Skippy Sunday, we were moved into the Main Stand for Old Firm games the following season. The club realised that was a mistake and have now realised it is more important to look after their own supporters in the Main Stand than take the money from allowing Old Firm supporters to site beside them, with the negative impact on the match experience that brings.

Hopefully this move will help see more Motherwell supporters feel comfortable enough in the future as I am sure the home attendance takes a dip for these fixtures.

Last time the club took a stand re away tickets (Rangers play off game), we were backed by the biggest and noisiest home support I can remember and I sincerely hope this welcome move does encourage a bigger home support at these games.

As for the regretable decisions made in the past re Cooper Stand for auld squirm, that was under different management to what we have now, and shouldn't be held against the club anymore

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

As an aside, regarding away fans at Fir Park, they have access to over one third of available capacity with the South Stand. Surely that is more than generous? Games against the Old Firm are never sold out, or anything like it, because of TV coverage, unattractive scheduling, and the fact that a proportion of our own support will not turn up because of the toxic and undesirable nature of the opposition and their fans ( and I don’t blame them at all for their decision). The only time they would fill the place would be if they were going to win the league, and they can fuck right off if they are looking for favours in such circumstances. Now, if Hibs, Aberdeen, Kellie, even Hearts we’re here to possibly win the title, I’d give them the Cooper and half the POD and charge them a fiver a head.

Sorry The African, no one, but me and my son and grandson should get my seats in the Cooper stand. It's my club, it's our ground, I contribute to the club as a Well Society member and shareholder, and the Cooper is designated as a stand for home supporters, no one should be allowed to make me move for any away supporters. Motherwell supporters should come first every time.

My comments were slightly tongue-in-cheek, given the unlikelihood of the circumstances envisioned. Also easy for me to be generous seeing as I haven’t been to FirPark in five years. Having said that, Ilike to think that, should the circumstances arise, we would do the right thing and try and be as accommodating as possible. I was going to go as far as suggesting that I play in goal ( anything to stop another title for one of the ugly sisters) but thought better of it.

• 2 months later...

what the fuck were the club doing in selling ' corporate hospItality' tickets to these scum today. this is not acceptable and just leads to trouble. also 20-30 0f the filth in the POD and causing trouble at the end of the game. a guy and his kid being abused leading up to club 100 and well fans walking by ignoring problem.  Club need to sort out ticketing. 

• Like 2