Away fans in the POD

DEWELL

Agree to an extent, but surely the hospitality is bought by companies etc, so very hard to manage.

There was one sitting not far away from me, but think he was a club official. Club tie and lanyard etc.

Wasn't a problem. He obviously celebrated the goals, but was in earshot of my patter, so fair's fair.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Richie said:

Agree to an extent, but surely the hospitality is bought by companies etc, so very hard to manage.

There was one sitting not far away from me, but think he was a club official. Club tie and lanyard etc.

Wasn't a problem. He obviously celebrated the goals, but was in earshot of my patter, so fair's fair.

yes but the club decided to stop away fans getting into POD. no mention was made of hospitality. these guys singing 10 in a row etc. etc. not acceptable and club must, or should, know what companies and/or individuals are Well supporting. Also club 100 main bar had lots of the filth in it before the game. you know them as they had no colours on and smelt of filth. sorry for rant but i thought these issues had been sorted. scum

57 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Some in the POD Stand would have been complimentaries (players' relatives and friends).

Theres more than enough room for any players relatives and  sponsors in the boxes in the south stand and thats where they should be housed.

There should be NO away fans in the POD regardless of whether they have bought hospitality or not as it's an accident waiting to happen

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BigCDawg said:

There was loads of them in Cooper too

I don't think they should be allowed in ANY stand where the hone team fans are

Good luck with that. I gave up very, very many years ago. Never been to a bigot brothers game for over 20 years. Poison atmosphere, supported by total scumbags. We should just ban them, but the financial hit would be a no go for the club.

1 minute ago, Spiderpig said:

The south stand was built for away fans that's all they should get it's not a difficult concept, the rest of the ground should be well fans only, as a fan owned club the WS should be making that point at every opportunity.

totally agree. otherwise recipe for major problems. i will be contacting Flow regarding this.

46 minutes ago, Shotts Well Fan said:

totally agree. otherwise recipe for major problems. i will be contacting Flow regarding this.

Yes, Flow doesnt have a fucking clue! Imagine being unable to screen and identify exactly who is a truthful and real Well Fan and who is not!

I suggest we tag all Well fans like the Jews in the war.......... or brand us all like slaves. Then we can be checked at the turnstyles and only the right type will be able to enter!

Or maybe we can just accept that there may be fans of the opposition in hospitality....... like in every other stadium in the world ever! And that there will always be chancing arseholes in other parts of the ground, all we can do is point them out to Stewards and Police, and hope they dont shite themselves and actually do their job

So what happens when a Motherwell fan finds himself in the wrong part of the ground at Celtic Park or Ibrox? If identified, they get shown the door. I remember a tale about Dougie Arnott’s father being thrown out of Ibrox after celebrating his son scoring, and he was in the main stand with a complimentary ticket specifically for player’s family and friends. The same rules should app,y for our round. They shouldn’t be there, they are creating a potentially dangerous situation, they should be asked to leave, when that doesn’t happen, they should be helped out, and if they react to this, they should be arrested.

Corporate clients should be advised that the same rules apply to them. If they and their guests cannot behave in an acceptable manner then they cannot expect different treatment from our other customers.

2 hours ago, Shaka said:

Or maybe we can just accept that there may be fans of the opposition in hospitality....... like in every other stadium in the world ever! And that there will always be chancing arseholes in other parts of the ground, all we can do is point them out to Stewards and Police, and hope they dont shite themselves and actually do their job

This is the key. Hospitality at any ground usually involves both sets of fans and seats in the best stand.

If they get out of hand, however, they shouldn't be given any special treament and invited to leave just like any other fan in any other part of the ground. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, weeyin said:

This is the key. Hospitality at any ground usually involves both sets of fans and seats in the best stand.

If they get out of hand, however, they shouldn't be given any special treament and invited to leave just like any other fan in any other part of the ground. 

This was not only hospitality fans but  other guys getting tickets. Some wearing Celtic t-shirts etc. It is not rocket science to root these people out and the stewards just stand and watch the issues going on, despite people pointing them out. Also. Shaka, other clubs maintain data bases of fans and if you aren't registered or try to register just before a game you can't buy a ticket. Not perfect but the club's databases should be more integrated that would help massively. 

1 minute ago, Shotts Well Fan said:

This was not only hospitality fans but  other guys getting tickets. Some wearing Celtic t-shirts etc. It is not rocket science to root these people out and the stewards just stand and watch the issues going on, despite people pointing them out. Also. Shaka, other clubs maintain data bases of fans and if you aren't registered or try to register just before a game you can't buy a ticket. Not perfect but the club's databases should be more integrated that would help massively. 

Probably also some acquired tickets from season ticket holders & family members.  Worth pointing out that our fans can take note of the seats and report them to the office afterwards. 

I don’t really have a problem with fans of other teams. I live amongst them every day.

If they aren’t causing any bother and just want to watch their team I wouldn’t get too worked up about it, they’re just football fans that prefer a different team.

Club have done a great thing cutting the main stand tickets at a 6 figure cost across the season. They can’t individually vet every guest that comes with sponsors etc.

The state of some of these posts. 

The club has (or at least did have) a database that, in theory, only allowed ‘proven’ Motherwell fans with a track record to buy tickets for games versus the old firm, and people were turned away regularly. What you can’t legislate for are Motherwell fans who then buy Celtic/rangers fans tickets on their behalf - and it happened more regularly than you would think. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Katie said:

The state of some of these posts. 

The club has (or at least did have) a database that, in theory, only allowed ‘proven’ Motherwell fans with a track record to buy tickets for games versus the old firm, and people were turned away regularly. What you can’t legislate for are Motherwell fans who then buy Celtic/rangers fans tickets on their behalf - and it happened more regularly than you would think. 

Thats my point exactly. The Database is only as good as the honesty of the people on it! I know a Celtic fan from work that got tickets for a league game a couple years ago, he ended up not going due to other circumstances, but he is on the Database and I assume can get tickets for any game without hassle. There are also a lot of Well fans who buy tickets for their Rangers/Celtic supporting friends & family. It happens, and short of branding all Well fans & checking the marks at the turnstyle there is NOTHING the club can do. 

Inside the ground all we can do is inform the Stewards & Police and hope they do something, but again that is out of the clubs hands too

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

They can’t individually vet every guest that comes with sponsors etc.

Probably not but the can make sure that the sponsor knows what standards are expected and advise that appropriate action will be taken against those who for whatever reason cause offence.

6 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Probably not but the can make sure that the sponsor knows what standards are expected and advise that appropriate action will be taken against those who for whatever reason cause offence.

Were they behaving offensively?

I think there needs to be an element of live and let live. It’s not like the Green Brigade were given the main stand.

I’ve taken an unused season ticket for games at Parkhead and Ibrox and nobody had a problem.

29 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Were they behaving offensively?

I think there needs to be an element of live and let live. It’s not like the Green Brigade were given the main stand.

I’ve taken an unused season ticket for games at Parkhead and Ibrox and nobody had a problem.

Yes, that was the very reason i raised it. They were being aggressive toward a fan and his son, who complained about them being in the stand. Stewards did fuck all. 

2 hours ago, Shotts Well Fan said:

Yes, that was the very reason i raised it. They were being aggressive toward a fan and his son, who complained about them being in the stand. Stewards did fuck all. 

And there's the real issue right there. If stewards and Police actually did their job away fans sitting in the home section would be far more inclined to behave.

Generally speaking, it's hard to argue with anyone who wants to protect their child from the bigotry and general unpleasantness of the OF but I also agree with others who say that, on the proviso away fans behave, it should be tolerated. Something does not sit right with me when stands sit half empty yet people who want to attend can't. Its a perverse problem that only Scottish football seems to suffer from. 

Personally, I'd wack £10 on OF tickets and spend the extra money on additional stewards and Police to kettle the feckers. I'd also hold them in the ground for 15 minutes after the game regardless of result. 

6 hours ago, Shaka said:

There are also a lot of Well fans who buy tickets for their Rangers/Celtic supporting friends & family.

I can't get my head around this as never in a month of Sundays would I go out my way to buy tickets for anyone who supports those two regardless of whether they were friends or family. I assume most people would be the same.

I said this to someone earlier - Motherwell FC is obviously fan owned now through the Well Society. The club pay the stewarding company - Securior or Group 4 or whoever has the contract now for their matchday services I imagine a fairly handsome some on an annual basis. If these jobsworths (which alot of them are - not a braincell between some of them) aren't doing their jobs and are reported to the club - the club have to take action as the company are not fulfilling their contractual obligations. Would you pay a window cleaner who turns up at your house and just looks at the glass without doing anything? I suspect not. 

The Well Society need to be straight with the club board on this and instruct the management to take action - and if the stewarding company don't buck up their ideas they need to lose the contract. I would suggest the club actually need to monitor more closely each stand on games. 

I think people mistake stewards for security staff. Stewards are paid minimum wage to point you to your seat, tell you where the pie stand is and politely asks you to behave. 

They will act as a deterrent to bad behaviour, but the reality is they can’t, won’t and shouldn’t do a thing about it beyond a request to behave.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GregyScotland said:

The club pay the stewarding company - Securior or Group 4 or whoever has the contract now for their matchday services I imagine a fairly handsome some on an annual basis. If these jobsworths (which alot of them are - not a braincell between some of them) aren't doing their jobs and are reported to the club - the club have to take action as the company are not fulfilling their contractual obligations. Would you pay a window cleaner who turns up at your house and just looks at the glass without doing anything? I suspect not.

A tad harsh.  In effect the Police call the shots.  Three or four years ago when we were playing Celtic at Fir Park, I asked a steward if he would ask Celtic fans in the southern part of the POD Stand to sit down (they stood virtually the whole game) as we couldn't see the corner area at all.  He said he'd check with his boss which he duly did. His boss in turn spoke to the match commander who instructed (his exact word) him to take no action.  Had the stewards taken action the Police would have been down on him like a ton of hot bricks.

So basically the Polis will do nothing because there are too many Old Firm fans and they therefore don’t want the hassle involved. Because of this, the said Old Firm fans have carte blanche to do as they please. No wonder they turn out to be such entitled tossers.

• Like 3