2018’19 Game 12: Rangers (A) Sunday 11th November 2018

Andy_P

Just now, postiejim said:

After 2 wins its back to business as usual. We won't win again till we play either Dundee, Hamilton (maybe) or St Mirren.

I don't know about that.  In the past 20 years our appalling capitulations at Ibrox have been completely unrelated to our form against other teams. 

Just now, nacnud14 said:

Would usually be surprised at an accurate prediction like this. But when Craig Thompson is the referee it’s a given 

When McHugh plays like that it's also a given. He was lucky not to get a straight red in the Livi game, but that only delayed his inevitable walk. 

I must be watching a different game from the rest of you, I don't know what McHugh done that you wouldn't want your central midfielder to do.  I thought the first yellow and the foul straight afterwards, where the Rangers players and fans were screaming for a 2nd yellow, were a bit unfortunate - he just seemed to stand his ground and didn't make much of a challenge.  The pen was a pen but again a bit unfortunate.  He hasn't meant to handball it and if it had ricochet off his body, he would be getting praised for a great block.

We're definitely up against it now.

One other point,  why did Ryan Jack not get booked right at the start for pulling down Bowman.  It, perhaps, would have been a bit soft but we had men over and if Bowman got passed him he would have probably rolled in (Main?) for a shot.

2 minutes ago, GraniteCityMFC said:

I must be watching a different game from the rest of you, I don't know what McHugh done that you wouldn't want your central midfielder to do.  I thought the first yellow and the foul straight afterwards, where the Rangers players and fans were screaming for a 2nd yellow, were a bit unfortunate - he just seemed to stand his ground and didn't make much of a challenge.  The pen was a pen but again a bit unfortunate.  He hasn't meant to handball it and if it had ricochet off his body, he would be getting praised for a great block.

We're definitely up against it now.

One other point,  why did Ryan Jack not get booked right at the start for pulling down Bowman.  It, perhaps, would have been a bit soft but we had men over and if Bowman got passed him he would have probably rolled in (Main?) for a shot.

Totally agree. 

Also, Morelos kicked out at Aldred, then feigned injury after it. Nothing said. 

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to 2018’19 Game 12: Rangers (A) Sunday 11th November 2018