2018’19 Game 12: Rangers (A) Sunday 11th November 2018

Andy_P

Grim result today. Even the most optimistic of fans would recognise getting a result out of this game was gonna be tough. But we can't ignore a defeat if this magnitude.

However - as much as it pains me, our battle is against St Mirren, Dundee and Hamilton. That's the must win points, a well as scrapping points against a few others. As grim as it sounds - that's the ball game. Not beating the old firm. It's not gonna be a pretty season...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Shotts Well Fan said:

Totally different scales. Are you suggesting Rangers are the same class above us as PSG were to Celtic. Show me another & goal thrashing in any UK league this year?

Too easy Man City beat Huddesfield in the Premier League back in August.  Score was 6-1

24 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

The players and the manager need to take a long hard look at themselves. Other teams have gone to Ibrox and Celtic Park and managed to keep the score respectable despite going down to 10 men.

Some do, some don't. Today's result is unacceptable but the league leaders lost 5-0 a few weeks ago at Celtic (with 11 men) and Rangers' home form is impressive this season with a few drubbings dished out. 

1 hour ago, BobWilson (Anchorman) said:

Looking forward to the apologists standing up for McHugh. Again... Miles out of his depth at this level. But hey, he puts in a meaty challenge now and again.

Hunt him to fuck.

fine the cant a weeks wages for letting the fans and his team mates down,,,, but as someone said before , he must have had somewhere to go as he couldn't wait to get sent off

feckin prick of a man , ended up a gubbing when we would have still been in it, stupid hand ball leave the feckin thing go and if the keeper cant deal with it then weve still got 11 on the park 

I think I said before "feckin prick of a man "

4 minutes ago, daver said:

Some do, some don't. Today's result is unacceptable but the league leaders lost 5-0 a few weeks ago at Celtic (with 11 men) and Rangers' home form is impressive this season with a few drubbings dished out. 

Only a few, 4-0 against Ayr and Dundee and 5-1 Against St Johnstone. Nothing compared to this. 

1 minute ago, Yorkyred said:

Oh come on you know that’s nonsense 

Its not nonsense its the same reaction at every level of Scottish football, we get the same utter humdrum shite every time Scotland lose to pub teams. Defeatism and acceptance of defeat no matter how awful is utterly ingrained in Scottish Football fans and player alike. How many times do you hear "oh well we weren't really expected to win" "the resources team XXX have compared to ours ..." blah blah blah.. its as quick as we can put it behind us and forget about that Scottish Football are world leaders at.  Can you in your life ever imagine Scotland ever eclipsing the might of Iceland in achievement on the world stage. If I lived to be 300 it would never happen. Being good losers is ingrained into our football and mindset of our fans. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to 2018’19 Game 12: Rangers (A) Sunday 11th November 2018