2018’19 Game 12: Rangers (A) Sunday 11th November 2018

Andy_P

I agree we should be happy to get in about them.

Regarding the defence, though - that was their experiment with a back 3, and failed spectacularly.  It won't be as fragile this time, but with Bigi and Turnbull hopefully in the mix we have some guile in the midfield that can open them up.

1 hour ago, Yorkyred said:

Quite surprised at the level of positivity for this one, Rangers away is one tough game now that Gerrard is in charge. 3-1 to them sadly.

Have they not dropped as many points in the the league at this stage of the season  under Gerrard as they have under anybody else?

13 minutes ago, GrahamH said:

Have they not dropped as many points in the the league at this stage of the season  under Gerrard as they have under anybody else?

They certain did early on but in my view have improved greatly. 10 points out of the last 12.

3 hours ago, Yorkyred said:

They certain did early on but in my view have improved greatly. 10 points out of the last 12.

Their last four league games were home to Kilmarnock and Hearts and away to Accies and St Mirren  Given the money spent in the summer to improve an already expensively assembled squad, anything less than 12 points from those games has to be seen as underwhelming...

5 hours ago, Yorkyred said:

You said “Now that Gerrard is in charge”. Overall, under Gerrard their league results are worse than any other manager.

15 hours ago, weeyin said:

"Best chance ever"

Copyright - every game at Ibrox since 1998.

Absolutely. This shows just how difficult it is to go to Ibrox under any circumstances. It also puts the 3-1 play off win in context. That was an incredible result, that to this day, I find hard to believe.

Having said that, a win has to come some time and there is reason for optimism. Anybody who watched the Moscow game will know that the Rangers defence looked very suspect when put under pressure. Our three goals at Firpark proves that they are vulnerable when put under pressure. 

Robinson's biggest achievement in his time at Firpark for me is how he has been able to change the mindset of the whole club going into Old Firm games. It does not guarantee a result but at least it means that the team is not beat before it even leaves the dressing room.

I think that Gerrard's early success has been helped considerably by his reputation in the game. The Ranger's players clearly got a lift when he arrived but the honeymoon period is over. He will be feeling the heat now and will understand fully the weight of responsibility of being the Rangers manager. A motivated Motherwell team, prepared to go at them could cause a lot of problems. 

A Rangers win is certainly the most likely but I am confident that we can get something from the game. Prediction: 2-2.

2 hours ago, The African said:

Realistically, anything we get from this will be an excellent return. Having said that, they are scarcely unbeatable so hopefully we have a game plan that will put them under some pressure and give us the chance to take something from the fixture. 

mind n go to bed early, n get the rolls n sausage on for the k/o :cheers:

12 hours ago, smiddy said:

oops sorry African ,,,, that was ment for the jerviston texas boy hahahaha 

No worries. Game is a 4 am kick off here, so will not be awake for it as need to be up for work at 7am.

We do now have SPFL coverage on BEIN Sports though. Unfortunately it is the Livi v Celtic game that is being shown live.

23 hours ago, star sail said:

Absolutely. This shows just how difficult it is to go to Ibrox under any circumstances. It also puts the 3-1 play off win in context. That was an incredible result, that to this day, I find hard to believe.

Having said that, a win has to come some time and there is reason for optimism. Anybody who watched the Moscow game will know that the Rangers defence looked very suspect when put under pressure. Our three goals at Firpark proves that they are vulnerable when put under pressure.

Our 3-3 draw was the only time Rangers have conceded more than one goal in a league game.

On the other hand Rangers have only kept 3 clean sheets and they were against Dundee and St. Mirren - who can't score against anyone.

So we might score once today but Rangers will likely outscore us.

They aren't a great team, neither are Hearts, but like Hearts they have made their home ground a bit of a fortress.   I think it will be tough for us today.

13 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Our 3-3 draw was the only time Rangers have conceded more than one goal in a league game.

On the other hand Rangers have only kept 3 clean sheets and they were against Dundee and St. Mirren - who can't score against anyone.

They aren't a great team, neither are Hearts, but like Hearts they have made their home ground a bit of a fortress.   I think it will be tough for us today.

Pretty much this. I’m very much a glass half full type of supporter but two wins against woeful opposition does not hide the fact we are really struggling in the final third. I would be over the moon with a draw as I suspect everyone else would be it’s a very big ask.

23 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I'd usually agree with that. But I just can't see them scoring a lot with the injuries they have up top. If we can keep Morelos nd Middleton quiet, and we get a goal, then it's possible I think. They dont have much to choose from if it's not working for them up front.

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to 2018’19 Game 12: Rangers (A) Sunday 11th November 2018