2018’19 Game 12: Rangers (A) Sunday 11th November 2018

Andy_P

On 11/10/2018 at 12:16 PM, star sail said:

Absolutely. This shows just how difficult it is to go to Ibrox under any circumstances. It also puts the 3-1 play off win in context. That was an incredible result, that to this day, I find hard to believe.

Having said that, a win has to come some time and there is reason for optimism. Anybody who watched the Moscow game will know that the Rangers defence looked very suspect when put under pressure. Our three goals at Firpark proves that they are vulnerable when put under pressure. 

Robinson's biggest achievement in his time at Firpark for me is how he has been able to change the mindset of the whole club going into Old Firm games. It does not guarantee a result but at least it means that the team is not beat before it even leaves the dressing room.

I think that Gerrard's early success has been helped considerably by his reputation in the game. The Ranger's players clearly got a lift when he arrived but the honeymoon period is over. He will be feeling the heat now and will understand fully the weight of responsibility of being the Rangers manager. A motivated Motherwell team, prepared to go at them could cause a lot of problems. 

A Rangers win is certainly the most likely but I am confident that we can get something from the game. Prediction: 2-2.

All of which is true but Id be astonished if there is another top flight club who has been in the top flight as long as us has a poorer record against Rangers, it is quite frankly appalling even with the gulf in resource.

All of which is true but Id be astonished if there is another top flight club who has been in the top flight as long as us has a poorer record against Rangers, it is quite frankly appalling even with the gulf in resource.
Maybe but winning the 2 play off games were the most important of all of them. It is astonishing that at 1 nil dow n with 82 mins to go posters write the team off. Glad the players mentality is stronger

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Clackscat said:

Maybe but winning the 2 play off games were the most important of all of them. It is astonishing that at 1 nil dow n with 82 mins to go posters write the team off. Glad the players mentality is stronger

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Its not really that amazing I've supported them for 50 years and watched this fixture hundreds of times and can count on one hand how often we've come back from a goal down.  Yeah they are level right now but this script is as old as the hills. Be delighted to be wrong and if I am it will be a rare blip in the sequel of utterly horrendous results against Rangers at Ibrox

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to 2018’19 Game 12: Rangers (A) Sunday 11th November 2018