2018’19 Game 12: Rangers (A) Sunday 11th November 2018

Andy_P

7 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Will folk stop bring up other results as some sort of excuse.  There is NO excuse

There is always an excuse. That is what people do when they fuck up badly. 

You wonder what would have happened in the unlikely event Carl McHugh just for once avoided getting himself sent off. Probably a loss but not by 7. The Manager has to seriously consider a spell on the side lines for Carl until his discipline improves........if it ever will. 

As I've been saying for some time it's not budget, it's lack of ability and a defeatist attitude.

We've got two players who are comfortable with the ball being played to them and one is a 19 year old rookie.

Our manager is happy to do enough to stay up and nothing more.

Maybe we can now drop this pish about Robinson not giving the Old Firm respect. Never beat either of them in a league match when both teams have been historically mediocre. Imagine that lot had been up against Larsson or Gascoigne.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Its not nonsense its the same reaction at every level of Scottish football, we get the same utter humdrum shite every time Scotland lose to pub teams. Defeatism and acceptance of defeat no matter how awful is utterly ingrained in Scottish Football fans and player alike. How many times do you hear "oh well we weren't really expected to win" "the resources team XXX have compared to ours ..." blah blah blah.. its as quick as we can put it behind us and forget about that Scottish Football are world leaders at.  Can you in your life ever imagine Scotland ever eclipsing the might of Iceland in achievement on the world stage. If I lived to be 300 it would never happen. Being good losers is ingrained into our football and mindset of our fans. 

Honestly for me it’s just one very bad defeat that’s not happened before under Robinson’s reign. Plain fact is whatever way you look at it their budget does dwarf ours and it always will and they, along with Celtic will carry on winning the vast majority of games again us as they always historically have.  When was the last league win against Rangers in the league apart from the play off game ? It’s  really no difference to down in England where Man City have the budget to blow the smaller clubs out of the water every game, that’s not linked to the attitude of the fans of those clubs, it’s just pure financial power the same way it is at the top of the Spanish league. I think it’s important not to have knee jerk reactions in situations like this while understanding emotions are running high straight after the game. I’m not defending the performance which was obviously shocking ( I was not there so going on feedback from those that were). But as always Robinson will live or die by results although I don’t believe losing to the likes or Rangers or Celtic regardless of by how many goals will be that deciding factor. There was a degree of optimism on here before the game, personally I don’t believe it was justified given this seasons performances but yes the size of the defeat was still a bit of a shock. 

• Like 1

Not really the result you want to wake up to. Still, shit happens. Pity that it is against such a vile bunch as that lot, but it has pretty much always been like that with them. I remember feeling devastated after the three two cup semi final in the 1970s and the five three defeat at Fir Park when their scum of life fans came on the park at two nil to us. This result is just a minor annoyance in comparison. Perhaps, like fine wine, I am just mellowing with age?

Seriously though, must have been a tough ninety minutes for our fans who made the effort t go and support the team today. As for those of you who will suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous hundom at work or school tomorrow, try and use it an educational experience in learning how not to behave when your team has a big victory.

Really enjoyed the Remembrance day show Rangers put on. Made me so proud. Put a few pound in the collection bucket. (thoughts before KO)

However what was that regarding performance.

Red yes, penalty yes, 7-1 Never!!!

Should have been 10!

Get it sorted. Not good enough. Our biggest away game of the season and we did not turn up.

Edited by yorkshireclaret

Not there today but unless it’s a deliberate handball it’s not a booking . I know pens given on numerous occasions fir hands in abnormal positions but they don’t normally  receive a booking for it . To me unless McHugh deliberately stopped ball with hand it’s not a booking can understand a pen being given but a red as well seems very unfair . Still no excuse for throwing towel in as a disgrace to lose 7 goals even with 10 men but imo we once again been done by Thompson who ended contest with that decision . As I said not making excuses as still agree even with Thompson’s input we should not be losing 7 but once again he has massively turned a game in oppositions favour .

22 minutes ago, wellowell said:

Not there today but unless it’s a deliberate handball it’s not a booking . I know pens given on numerous occasions fir hands in abnormal positions but they don’t normally  receive a booking for it . To me unless McHugh deliberately stopped ball with hand it’s not a booking can understand a pen being given but a red as well seems very unfair . Still no excuse for throwing towel in as a disgrace to lose 7 goals even with 10 men but imo we once again been done by Thompson who ended contest with that decision . As I said not making excuses as still agree even with Thompson’s input we should not be losing 7 but once again he has massively turned a game in oppositions favour .

I was there today and I've no idea if it was a penalty or a deliberate hand ball but it doesn't matter.

McHugh is rash time and time again and it was almost inevitable that he was going to get sent off as soon as he got the yellow.  The guy is an absolute clown. The manager should have hooked him as soon as the card came out and should do the same if he ever plays and gets booked again.  I genuinely hope he never plays again though.

We were rotten in the match, gave away a terrible goal with 11 men on the pitch after only a few minutes and hardly strung two balls together all match.  The one good move we had resulted in an equalizer despite us being pretty poor.   This Rangers team was not a great team. 

At 11 v 11 we could have come out much better composed, instead we were a shambles.  At 2-1 down we should have kept it tight and hit them on the break - we did neither - and gave away another terrible goal, a free header for the shortest player in the box soon after.

We got pumped today because we were rotten.  We've been rotten for over a year now but today was perhaps the nadir of a sustained period of dreck.

Meanwhile Livingston get a clean sheet and a point against Celtic, St. Johnstone break the clean sheet record and Kilmarnock become the first team to win at Tynecastle in donkeys ages.

Don't talk to me about budget.  Robinson's legacy will be the non league clogger football he leaves behind him when he clears his desk.

In the last 2 years these results happen

When we lost 7 to Celtic, I thought well ok Celtic are a good team. And like most prefer them to the other ugly sister.

When we lost 7 to Aberdeen I could accept it as Aberdeen were on top of their game.

But today.

It should have been 10 to Rangers. And we made them look good.

Only 1 team should have been tired today.  As were the champions at Livi from europe.

At the end my entire row had left. I was there taking it from all sides. Thank you Carl.

Even left my Bois flag behind.

Edited by yorkshireclaret

Important wins against St Mirren and Dundee and the match thread page count increases by 1-2 over the next 48 hrs. Lose today and it jumps 5 pages in a couple of hours. There are some people who love slaughtering this team. The last ten days must have been touch but at least you get to have your fun this evening.

• Like 1

Take on board all the points about McHugh being rash - and not for the first time in his time here. But watching the game on the TV today I think he was hard done by. Morelos was throwing himself from the off to get a booking and the second yellow shouldnt even have been one. 

We were rocked after that for a good while and the marking at the 3rd goal proved that.

Regardless, we should have been capable of containing it and not losing by 6 goals

6 'Well players sent off in 15 months for Thomson. That's pretty good going.

• Like 1

not saying its right, but I can see why the players might have chucked it with Thompson in charge and yet another questionable penalty and red card. Think its time our club had a serious go publicly at the referees chief/sfa about Thompson's crusade against our club.

As someone said prior to the match, it was a nap that Rangers would get a penalty  and we would have a player sent off today.  Scottish football is predictable, corrupt, pathetic and going backwards. 

Never a first booking for mchugh, morelos  made an absolute meal of it. And Thompson wasn't going to book him for the handball either until morelos went and told him to. Which says everything you need to know about the untouchable referee.

Mchugh went flying in with his hands above his head and for me it's a pen. I can see where michael stewart was coming from, it wasn't deliberate, but come on....

We were hard done by in some ways and looked not bad at 1-1, but  unacceptable, pathetic second half showing.

Anyone with any basic knowledge of football could see that after ten minutes rangers newco were ripping us down our left hand side and Tait had two men running at him constantly as no one was playing left midfield and main/bowman weren’t interested in tracking Taveneir. Robbo did nothing to counteract this and just hoped for the best .  The reason for this is he doesn’t know what to do. 

The reason we have no one to play here is because Robbo never signed anyone to play here despite all his summer signings.

For those suggesting people are on for a moan Are deluded . We are pish to watch and are the poorest Motherwell team in years. Results prove that . We have no match winners in our team And  no guile or flair .

St Mirren and Dundee results merely papered over the cracks and prolonged the pain of this man being in charge.

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to 2018’19 Game 12: Rangers (A) Sunday 11th November 2018