2018’19 Game 13: Aberdeen (H) Saturday 24th November 2018

Yabba's Turd

18 hours ago, weeyin said:

After we conceded the early goal at Pittodrie we played OK (55% possession too) and were unlucky not to get an equalizing penalty. So while I'm not overly optimistic, I certainly don't have the fear for this one.

If McHugh's was a penalty then this was... Not even highlighted on Sportscene either.

47 minutes ago, Yodo said:

So Las says Gorrin might play against Aberdeen on Saturday obviously he wasn't at the Ross County game where I thought Gorrin was one of the worst players on the park .Cant think why we signed this guy offers nothing to the team 

Maybe because McHugh is suspended we need a centre midfielder? Rose would be my choice but he may still be injured. Campbell has fallen down the pecking order....

So Las says Gorrin might play against Aberdeen on Saturday obviously he wasn't at the Ross County game where I thought Gorrin was one of the worst players on the park .Cant think why we signed this guy offers nothing to the team 
Not often I find myself (almost) agreeing with you, although I thought he improved in 2nd half and also played sensibly after his early yellow card. I understand he has been injured and so could understand being off the pace a bit early doors. Doesn't mind a tackle tbf, but will struggle to fill McHugh's shoes.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, MelvinBragg said:

Maybe because McHugh is suspended we need a centre midfielder? Rose would be my choice but he may still be injured. Campbell has fallen down the pecking order....

No he hasn't.  The manager has been quite clear a few times he is being rested due a long season and summer with no real break. Also the reason he was pulled from international duty.

1 hour ago, superward said:

No he hasn't.  The manager has been quite clear a few times he is being rested due a long season and summer with no real break. Also the reason he was pulled from international duty.

Yes. He has fallen down the pecking order. Possibly temporarily due to tiredness, manager fearing burnout but he has fallen down the pecking order...

The reality at the moment is we are 7 points off the bottom of the league with a game in hand. Not disastrious but what must be taken into account is our very difficult run of fixtures up until the St Mirren game at Christmas. We are still to prove that we can take 3 points off anyone other than Dundee and St Mirren so need to start doing this. Luckily Dundee and St Mirren have an almost equally tricky run in with the exception of one game against Accies each. It's not unthinkable that either team could put together a win against Accies + another in this period of time.  For this reason we really need to pick up a couple of results to maintain a bit of breathing space. The point has been made that we could survive this season just taking wins off the bottom two but I'm not sure where this leaves the manager long term. I'm really hopeful we can pick up a couple of results but I can't help but wonder where these will come from going into Christmas. Livi/St Johnstone perhaps but both teams have really performed well as of late.

Aberdeen (H)
Livi (A)
Celtic (H)
Hearts (A)
St Johnstone (A)
Celtic (A)

I hope some of Robinsons talk about player loyalty results in more changes. In this regard I'd be looking at the likes of Hartley, McHugh and Main (despite his goal recently) to drop out. Won't hold my breath right enough. I'd like to see the likes of Mbulu and/or Livingston included but would probably go for something like the below. It would be interesting to see what we looked like if we swapped to one up front in some of these away matches. I liked the shape against St Mirren/Dundee and think it is good at home but it in some of our tricky fixtures I fear we could get completely overran in the middle of the park. It isn't very trendy to say but I wonder if we would be best served in some of these fixtures getting an extra centre midfielder on the park particularly after losing so heavily at Ibrox.

Carson

Cadden Mbulu Aldred Tait

Grimshaw Campbell Turnbull Bigi

Johnson Bowman

It's a slightly curious turn of events that in the corresponding fixture last year we were going up there the week before going to Hampden for the League Cup Final and twelve months later they are heading to Fir Park a week before the League Cup Final.

Hopefully a different outcome from last November...

They certainly come into the game on a high and with a good bit of momentum behind but they haven't been completely convincing in all of those game.  You might get some of them with points to prove to try to nail a spot for the Final but by the same token McInnes might look to protect or one or two, or some may not have their minds fully on the game. 

I'd like to think there will be a reaction from us.  I keep thinking back to the Rangers game at the beginning of the season and the level we reached that afternoon (and how sadly we've rarely come close to matching that intensity).  Really need something akin to that to hopefully get something from the game and to try to get the support (or at least some) back on side.

21 hours ago, Yodo said:

We signed him because he's useless. I'm amazed you can't see that. We have staff members whose job it is to identify new players - and then ignore them, and sign players that will decrease the overall quality of the team.

Either that, or people who work in the game for a living know more about the game and have an insight that randoms on the internet sometimes lack. You should send them your scouting reports.

37 minutes ago, weeyin said:

We signed him because he's useless. I'm amazed you can't see that. We have staff members whose job it is to identify new players - and then ignore them, and sign players that will decrease the overall quality of the team.

Either that, or people who work in the game for a living know more about the game and have an insight that randoms on the internet sometimes lack. You should send them your scouting reports.

I made a comment on how he played against Ross County which I doubt you seen . Are you trying to say our scouting network hasn't thrown up some duffers and I forgot you are a fountain of knowledge about football      Not 

38 minutes ago, Yodo said:

I made a comment on how he played against Ross County which I doubt you seen . Are you trying to say our scouting network hasn't thrown up some duffers and I forgot you are a fountain of knowledge about football      Not 

I'm saying that our scouting network bases their recommendations on more than one performance for a Colt's team after a few week's out from injury.

Sorry if that was too subtle a dig for you.

(And the whole negate the preceding sentence with a "Not" at the end died out with teenage girls in the 90s.)