2018’19 Game 13: Aberdeen (H) Saturday 24th November 2018

Yabba's Turd

Unexpected win, excellent result and spirited performance.

Actually thought Aberdeen started the better team and created 3 or 4 chances to our zero.  However Johnson's clinical double more or less ended the game.  Two chances, two goals, three points and that showed the importance of having someone that can finish limited chances....something Aberdeen don't have.

After that Aberdeen descended into a bit of a shambles and we took control of the match and looked very comfortable.  Excellent team performance  - Gilliespie did well coming in, I'm not a fan but credit to Grimshaw had an excellent match at right back, Mbulu looked a little nervous in the opening stages but settled in, Campbell is just an enormous step up from McHugh, Turnbull looks like a veteran, and a good one at that, and of course the cutting edge Johnson gave us has won us the match.

Only disappointment was that at 3-0 up, Livingstone should be getting game time from the bench.

Overall though very good performance, hopefully Robinson is slowly learning.

• Like 3

Excellent overall performance against an Aberdeen team who were never at the races. We started on the front foot and never really looked in trouble the whole game. I would say no real stand out performance and rather everyone looking solid although Johnson gets man of the match for the two goals. We certainly look better without McHugh in midfield and he needs a spell on the sidelines for me. Johnson also needs a run in the team as he’s the one natural goalscorer we have at the club. Having seen Gillespie a couple of times now he’s an excellent back up keeper who is capable of nailing down the number one spot in my view. Nice to see Mbulu coming in and for all the stick Robinson gets young players are getting their chance. So that’s now three wins out of the last four, not too shabby. It’s also worth remembering that for all the talk of the defence being a liability we have kept a clean sheet in three of those four games.

A lot of good performances today, after a shaky start where Aberdeen could have had a couple. Aberdeen’s heads went down after that first goal for some reason, and the game was done after the second.

Grimshaw put in a shift at right back, and improved as the game went on, and in general it looked like we were more inclined to take the extra pass instead of just limp it. Having Bigi and Turnbull on the field at the same time helps in that regard.

As others have said, Johnson is a natural goal scorer, and it looks like he’s added the extra work rate that is required and has got the rewards. Also thought main had a good game.

Have to call out Gillespie on a good performance in his first start. Looked solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A very solid all round performance today. Comfortable without being exciting, but right now comfortable will do me just fine.

Gillespie stepped in and had a fine game. His handling looked very clean.

The team held its shape very well throughout generally preventing Aberdeen from getting any real penetration.

Johnson will get plaudits for the Goals, but Grimshaw had an exceptional match while everyone else stuck to their tasks very well indeed.

An unexpected but very welcome 3pts.

• Like 1

Troll ur arse . Think ur just a wee bit insecure when u post crap.   

Anyway, Is it just a coincidence we play better flowing football when Caddens not in the team and stopping our forward movement by making runs then stopping and passing  backwards. 

26 minutes ago, MFCL84 said:

Johnson will get plaudits for the Goals, but Grimshaw had an exceptional match while everyone else stuck to their tasks very well indeed.

Very much this. I thought Grimshaw was outstanding. Got caught out a couple of times in the first half but got back to rescue it and seemed to adjust his game. Second half, they never got the better of him and his energy and use of the ball were excellent...

13 minutes ago, stv said:

Anyway, Is it just a coincidence we play better flowing football when Caddens not in the team and stopping our forward movement by making runs then stopping and passing  backwards. 

Now who is posting crap...utter tripe, Cadden may have had a rough season but he has had some great attacking games lately and scored goals. You are a troll

13 minutes ago, stv said:

Think it's a bit more than that to be honest. Cadden looked good from right back against Dundee and St Mirren.

3 hours ago, Yoshi-1991 said:

Anyone listening to the Mixlr commentary ? "Fanny about with these short corners". :doh::O:lol:

Noticed that as well. The guy is a muppet.

Great result today and there were a few excellent performances. Love Grimshaw’s commitment.

I fancied us going into today but my confidence drifted when I saw us lining up with a back three.

There was no need to worry though as we were right on it today, with Main getting back to his best and Campbell looking to have benefited from the rest. Delighted to see Johnson, an obvious natural goalscorer, take his chances. Special mention to Grimshaw who is at the top of his game. When he plays well, the team tends to play well. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if we beat Celtic on 5 Dec. 

38 minutes ago, Well Well said:

Now who is posting crap...utter tripe, Cadden may have had a rough season but he has had some great attacking games lately and scored goals. You are a troll

Taxi ! I feel offended.