Scottish Cup 4th Round Motherwell v Ross County Sat 19th January (H)

Toxteth O'Grady

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Scottish Cup 4th Round Motherwell v Ross County
10 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Quite funny having a quick look on the county forum. One poster can’t see a single Motherwell players that would be in their team. How are they not 20 points clear ? They must have an amazing Championship squad.

TBF, there are posters on here who don't think any current Motherwell players should be in our team.

• Haha 4

I didn't make it to the Challenge Cup game with County last weekend so don't have the insight that others posters do in terms of their ability but it's certainly to our advantage that our management and coaching staff will have seen them as recently as last weekend and of course that we're at home.

I suppose the barometer you take is that we dealt with Queen of the South (after a sticky first 5 or 10 minutes) when Carson, I think, made two or three good saves fairly comfortably.

Treat them seriously, make sure we're up for it and I would hope we've enough about us to go through,

1 hour ago, Andy_P said:

I didn't make it to the Challenge Cup game with County last weekend so don't have the insight that others posters do in terms of their ability but it's certainly to our advantage that our management and coaching staff will have seen them as recently as last weekend and of course that we're at home.

I suppose the barometer you take is that we dealt with Queen of the South (after a sticky first 5 or 10 minutes) when Carson, I think, made two or three good saves fairly comfortably.

Treat them seriously, make sure we're up for it and I would hope we've enough about us to go through,

Morton would be another example, we were far to big and strong for them and took control right from the start.

• 1 month later...
  • Yabba's Turd changed the title to Scottish Cup 4th Round Motherwell v Ross County Sat 19th January (H)

Hopefully Ross County will treat this tie like Liverpool did. Hardly likely to play a second string but maybe in the back of their minds they think getting papped out the cup let’s them concentrate on league matters and promotion back to top flight. 

This has / had all the hallmarks of a difficult game. But our kids team ran them close and QOS thumping them 4-0 puts it into perspective a little. 

Will the break count in our favour ? Looking forward to getting back at the football. 

If we are up for it and thoroughly professional I see us winning through to the next round. Probably come too early for Ross McCormack starting at least judging by comments in Tenerife etc. 

A very tough game in prospect but one which we should win, you'd think. I can see County parking the bus and us struggling to break them down and being vulnerable at set pieces or a breakaway.   I'm not sure if Don Cowie will receive a warm welcome or a hot reception. 

Nice to be playing someone different in the knock out stages of a cup competition. Hopefully it doesn't bite us on the @rse. We will need to be upon the fight because our know that Ross County will be. I am going for a win for the good guys, but by the odd goal in a match much closerhan some are predicting.

Don t know if their thumping at Dumfries was a one-off but I did read comments that Van Der Weg was caught for pace at left back.  Cadden always seemed to be able to get the better of him so hopefully our new found pace can exploit that particular weakness.