Scottish Cup 4th Round Motherwell v Ross County Sat 19th January (H)

Toxteth O'Grady

13 minutes ago, milo said:

That’s our 6th defeat of the season at home. 6 games v Hearts, Accies, St Mirren, St Johnstone, Killie and now Ross County.

6 defeats and a single fucking goal in those games to cheer.

What exactly was worked on in Tenerife?!?!

It’s time for a change I’m afraid.

Usually fairly level headed after defeats but that.....absolutely disgraceful. Most of them looked like they were still swanning about on the beach....looked like they couldn’t give a sh1t. Whilst we’re all paying to watch it! Tactically clueless, players suddenly asked to try and pass the ball when they’ve be lumping it all season, unfit players picked...everything wrong. Gillespie the only player coming close to pass marks...

2 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

Frear was doubled up on all game, and was the only player to offer anything in attack, including setting up our goal. With such a poor team performance, singling our Frear is just silly.

Took him 3 attempts to get it to him. Has no plan B to get past a man everything is one dimensional. So Ariyibi didn’t offer anything? But he beat player after player and I could see he wasn’t 100% fit aswell.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, supermarv said:

A honestly don’t know what people see from Frear beats his man 1 out of 10 times. Far too weak and clearly not cut out for the level his time at Motherwell for me is finished he’s had his fair share of chances. Agree re Main he should never play in a Motherwell shirt again his time is up and Johnson would be more effective as a impact sub.

:huh::wallbash:

Frear was our best player by a mile today. Admittedly that's not saying much, but the little we did well all came through him. 

• Like 1

The management team and the players should be embarrassed by that today,we've had some shocking performances at home this season but for me that was the worst yet.I really am scunnered watching us right now and its becoming like a chore to go and watch us,the excitement levels of going to the football are at an all time low.changes are required,we have a manager and a number of players,that are simply not good enough.

That's the season really, no cups, no chance of top six. It's also the end of any hopes more people will come out to support them. There's just no reason to waste time and money when there's nothing positive to play for, except staying up. And there's no chance anybody will be in to buy what's left on the field with any serious money. Never thought I'd get to this level of thinking. 

7 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

It looks and sounds like we completely underestimated Ross County and were taken aback when they got set about us. 

Don't think that was it. Not for me anyway. 

We did set out all wrong but we also didn't change it - that's my main gripe. Clear from the first 5 mins that it w asnt working. 

Robbo also noticeably quiet for most of the game. I would not at all be surprised if he is offski.

We are a team completely bereft of footballing acumen because we have a manager completely bereft of footballing acumen.

Robinson is a plague of locust and when he's finished there will be nothing left.   Nothing but a barren wasteland whence once football existed.

The first half was poor but the second half was atrocious.  The first goal was over due when it came.  Ross County should have won by more than two.

Who thought Turnbull should play along side McHugh in a defensive midfield position?  Who thought McCormack was fit to play?  Who thought that Danny Johnson could play up front on his own? 

And our touch, our play, our style, our ability, our imagination, our creativity, our defending, our overall attitude.....

Honestly, I've ran out of vitriol.  I having nothing new to say, no new way to describe it.  It's just the same old shite every week.

If we don't beat Hibs midweek Robinson should be fired.  The whole club needs cleaned out with a high power hose and guys like Hastie, Livingston and James need to step up. 

We need football people at the club.  Please, please, please get them in.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Shotts Well Fan said:

could not string 2 passes and out muscled at every challenge. Embarrassingly bad.  For all the credit they got for the Hamilton game they deserve ever piece of criticism that will come their way. Shocking, truly shocking.

The sad thing is, I'm not shocked in the least.

At least the much heralded change of shape paid dividends.

It doesn't matter where you put players on a pitch if you insist on having your centre halves lumping it 60yds up the pitch its not going to change anything.

Ross McCormack was nowhere near fit but he must have been on his phone to his agent to get him back on the plane to Australia or to at least install 10ft electric gates at his house

11 minutes ago, mfc said:

The management team and the players should be embarrassed by that today,we've had some shocking performances at home this season but for me that was the worst yet.I really am scunnered watching us right now and its becoming like a chore to go and watch us,the excitement levels of going to the football are at an all time low.changes are required,we have a manager and a number of players,that are simply not good enough.

Ross County more or less played a full side against out Colts and our Colts were far better than our first team today.  And it wasn't even one of the Colts better performances.

1 minute ago, superward said:

We did set out all wrong but we also didn't change it - that's my main gripe. Clear from the first 5 mins that it w asnt working.

Not sure what you mean.  When the line up was announced I thought it was very ambitious.  Its the kind of line up I'd have expected to field against a lower Division 2 side and was very risky.  Little in the way of bite, defensive cover or drive in the midfield and playing with 2 attacking wide men.   Johnson, a poacher, and a probably unfit MacCormack seemed an odd partnership up front.  I was expecting before the game that MacCormack might see 10 minutes at the end of the game but to start????  Shocked also that there was no starting place for Campbell and perhaps Grimshaw. 

I honestly never ever thought I would contemplate saying that after 50 years of supporting Motherwell I really don't want to go and watch us anymore. If that doesn't ring alarm bells with the hierarchy then they must be oblivious to what is happening in the stands

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Ross County more or less played a full side against out Colts and our Colts were far better than our first team today.  And it wasn't even one of the Colts better performances.

Very true,I said the exact same thing to my dad as we were walking out the ground at full time.

That was shocking. Picking that team is unforgivable. County started like they didn't have any confidence and grew when they saw how bad we are.

Peter Hartley is done, overweight and no mobility. Well done to however gave him a long contract when he was injured. Charles Dunne cannot pass the ball, when he gets the ball in an opponents half we have effectively lost it, every team in the coutry knows this and forces us to funnel the ball his way. You would have to go to a school boy game to see the bounce off a player the way it comes off Danny Johnson, the guy is never a player at this level. McCormack walked around for 45 minutes and did nothing, absolutely pointless.

Gillespie kept the score down in the second half. 4 or 5 for County would have been fair.

5 minutes ago, superward said:

Robbo also noticeably quiet for most of the game. I would not at all be surprised if he is offski.

Been a big Robbo supporter but that was awful... Played like a friendly on our part, anyway. 

When Robinson first came he was out barking away but he didn't seem bothered today. 

The cup is the one chance of adding some interest to the season... Can only hope we get dragged into relegation dogfight to add some meaning to season. 

Continue like that and there's every chance. 

19 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

It looks and sounds like we completely underestimated Ross County and were taken aback when they got set about us. 

Not sure about us underestimating Ross County, more that they could probably not believe how bad we were. We were an absolute shambles there, I can usually find a couple of positives but not from that game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, steelboy said:

That was shocking. Picking that team is unforgivable. County started like they didn't have any confidence and grew when they saw how bad we are.

Peter Hartley is done, overweight and no mobility. Well done to however gave him a long contract when he was injured. Charles Dunne cannot pass the ball, when he gets the ball in an opponents half we have effectively lost it, every team in the coutry knows this and forces us to funnel the ball his way. You would have to go to a school boy game to see the bounce off a player the way it comes off Danny Johnson, the guy is never a player at this level. McCormack walked around for 45 minutes and did nothing, absolutely pointless.

Gillespie kept the score down in the second half. 4 or 5 for County would have been fair.

McCormack was blowing in the warm up, he should have been nowhere near the starting 11 today, miles off been match fit.

2 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

McCormack was blowing in the warm up, he should have been nowhere near the starting 11 today, miles off been match fit. 

He was wearing a baggy top, massive shorts and his socks pulled right up but his knees still looked fat.

You've got to wonder what kind of medical we did or if we agreed to sign him if he came back from Oz.

4 minutes ago, steelboy said:

He was wearing a baggy top, massive shorts and his socks pulled right up but his knees still looked fat.

You've got to wonder what kind of medical we did or if we agreed to sign him if he came back from Oz.

I was pretty shocked when I saw him in truth, given time i’ve no doubt he will get fitter and improve. Ok he needed game time and he got 45 minutes which is important, probably should have been on the bench coming on some time second half, but yep, pretty disappointing.

Can’t remember a game where Stephen Robinson was so motionless particularly in the 2nd half (I wasn’t watching him closely  during the 1st half), there was little or none of his usual shouting/gesturing/talking with his staff, looked as though he was watching the game but his mind was on other things. Like when do I pack this in?