2018’19 Game 14: Livingston (A) Saturday 1st December 2018

Yabba's Turd

4 hours ago, Yabba's Turd said:

On average teams that spend the most money on wages are the most successful.

That's sadly true in the modern game.

And the teams that tend to get into financial difficutly, are the ones that think spending half of the money the biggest teams spend will bring them 50% of their success.

Livingston haven't scored in four although Menga hasn't really contributed in terms of goals so it remains to be seen if his suspension will mean that much.  On the other hand Livingston have only conceded more than one goal twice - against both halves of the OF. 

Apparently Livingston played quite well at Ibrox and going by the highlights they created a few chances.

In all likely-hood a tight match with possibly one goal winning it.

16 hours ago, weeyin said:

That's sadly true in the modern game.

And the teams that tend to get into financial difficutly, are the ones that think spending half of the money the biggest teams spend will bring them 50% of their success.

If by modern you mean since the 60's then fair enough, very few teams buck this trend and those that do don't vastly exceed where their spending merits. 

17 hours ago, Yabba's Turd said:

If by modern you mean since the 60's then fair enough, very few teams buck this trend and those that do don't vastly exceed where their spending merits. 

It happened to a much lesser extent in the 60s and 70s. And even in the 80s, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd were winning league titles with smaller budgets than the Old Firm and were amongst the best teams in Europe.  That will never happen again - and that's the biggest downside of modern football. 

25 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

probably will go but £24 is a joke!!!

+1

I see that entry is now by ticket only (they can be purchased at the ground at the Almondvale Suite (whatever and wherever that is). Impractical for me to order online at this stage.  Couldn't Livingston have announced this last week allowing us to buy tickets last Saturday? Its not as if the fixture has been hurriedly arranged.  Apologies to LFC if this very late change has been foisted on them by Police Scotland. 

8 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

+1

I see that entry is now by ticket only (they can be purchased at the ground at the Almondvale Suite (whatever and wherever that is). Impractical for me to order online at this stage.  Couldn't Livingston have announced this last week allowing us to buy tickets last Saturday? Its not as if the fixture has been hurriedly arranged.  Apologies to LFC if this very late change has been foisted on them by Police Scotland.

Crazy, maybe Livingston are expecting us to bring a 9000 travelling support!!! Heh he

After witnessing the shambles at St Mirren when their booth actually ran out of tickets!! I was glad I had taken the online purchase and delivery option which I have done again this week, and the tickets duly arrived next day, a great service.

However the requirement for tickets for a game that will attract 2000 at best is a nonsense.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

It's either to stop the turnstyle operators from putting their hand in the till or to allow the club to fiddle the VAT.

Not sure how having a paper trail of tickets purchased (and compared to entries counted at the turnstiles) would assist in fiddling the VAT. You need a cash business with no receipts for that.

It's either to stop the turnstyle operators from putting their hand in the till or to allow the club to fiddle the VAT.
When I heard their intentions the first thought that struck me was that it was an intention to "solve" the queuing problems of the League Cup game by moving it inside some function suite. There were folk still coming in about 3:20 last time.

I'm sure in their minds if they will have solved the issue if everyone passes through quicker by handing over a ticket rather than turnstile operators messing about with change etc.

I'm equally sure they won't have considered that it was the lack of open turnstiles that actually contributed to the queues nor will they give a monkeys about the inconvenience it has caused many supporters to buy said tickets.

11 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

Same team as last week or did I see Hartley suspended? If so who replaces him

If Hartley is suspended, I would bring in Dunne, if fit.

If they Dunne is not ready, then the options are Donnelly or Maguire. I’d like to see Maguire given the nod but the best of luck to whoever is given the start. This is an important game as three points will go some way towards keeping us on the tail of the bunch above us.

I think they've taken this approach for all league games this season (unless it's been all-ticket). St. Mirren do it as well and Kilmarnock have done in the past. 

I think it's supposed to be an anti-corruption measure as it's more controlled than a number of individual turnstile operators handling the cash.

I believe that its a new system being introduced - maybe for the first time today (scanning of tickets).  On checking their website, they uploaded an article on Tuesday saying that we could buy tickets from Fir Park.  No mention at all about the game being all ticket or being able to buy them at the Almondvale Suite.   Instead of queues at the turnstiles there will be queues in the Almondvale Suite.  I doubt if solving the queueing problem formed any part  of their thinking.  You would have thought that if they planned to introduce such a new system they would have given visiting fans plenty of advance warning. That said there won't be a huge crowd today.