2018’19 Game 15:Celtic (H) Wednesday 5th December 2018

Yabba's Turd

There will be quite a few cuts and bruises after Saturday's battle, so that might influence team selection. Irrespective of the result last weekend this will be a different kind of game and requires a change in team selection.  As said recently its horses for courses. 

We’re due a break against Celtic, whether we have the tools to take advantage is another question.

Like every domestic game, if Celtic turn up they’ll win. Although a failure to kill games off has crept in, so hopefully we can stay in the game for an hour and see what happens after that. (Probably a Celtic penalty and a red card )

This is on tv so the players will probably put a bit of a shift in. Should guarantee no repeat of our recent 7-1 scoreline! 

But as the Manager said, the poor lamb has been forced to play footballers recently, and after our latest horror show, we need to go "back to basics"! So Andy Rose Cm, 3-5-2 and long ball our way to a "spirited" 2-0 defeat.

Then for next weekend we "go again" because we do have "a great bunch of lads" and a squad of "honest professionals" after all 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Blarney Stone kisser strikes again he's never signed  any footballers to play in his teams even at Oldham the team was full of journeymen .His time is well up now after that comment couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery and wouldn't know a fitba player if one kicked him on the arse. I hope by Friday he is gone followed shortly by some of the shite he signed 

Having only missed one game this season and a season ticket, I have decided to give this one a miss. 

Really not in the mood to watch rubbish football and a humping.  I was sitting on Saturday saying to myself "I don't even enjoy this anymore".  I know I should always get behind my team, but I give in.  

46 minutes ago, prideoflanarkshire said:

Having only missed one game this season and a season ticket, I have decided to give this one a miss. 

Really not in the mood to watch rubbish football and a humping.  I was sitting on Saturday saying to myself "I don't even enjoy this anymore".  I know I should always get behind my team, but I give in.  

After the manager's quote I feel exactly the same. I will watch it on TV. 

4 hours ago, Yodo said:

Blarney Stone kisser strikes again he's never signed  any footballers to play in his teams even at Oldham the team was full of journeymen .His time is well up now after that comment couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery and wouldn't know a fitba player if one kicked him on the arse. I hope by Friday he is gone followed shortly by some of the shite he signed 

Wow. Someone needs have a wee google about Ireland. Don't let that stop ye though. Craic on.

3 hours ago, GazzyB said:

Also anyone know any pubs in around central London that will show our game tomorrow night?

Famous 3 Kings in West Kensington , Rileys in Haymarket , its a big place so umpteen more , download the "matchpint" app or use their website for something in the area youre in

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ML1 said:

Famous 3 Kings in West Kensington , Rileys in Haymarket , its a big place so umpteen more , download the "matchpint" app or use their website for something in the area youre in

Not quite central but Sheephaven Bay, Camden will be showing it as it's a Celtic boozer. Chelsea and Arsenal on so might struggle outside of a Celtic/Irish pub.

As for tonight, a few things for the manager to consider indeed.

Tactics: Of the most used formations we attempt - we cannot go with the narrow 4-4-2 diamond as it leaves us too open against the better teams. Not a huge fan of the dependency on 3-5-2/5-3-2, especially if we go long ball as we often just don't create. Do we set up to frustrate Celtic or do we set up to play our own game? Does it matter?!

Players: Hartley and McHugh available again but derided by many for recent performances. Dunne, Donnelly and Livingstone all played 45 mins on Monday with an eye on tonight perhaps. Will the manager prefer a 'stronger' player like Rose and sacrifice a 'footballer' like Bigi or Turnbull?

We seem to have plenty of options to change it anyway and I'm struggling to even pick a best 11!

Whilst not popular, I'd be bringing Hartley and McHugh back in and warning the latter not to fucking sell the jerseys. I'd probably bring in Gorrin for a start too as he can offer some ball playing and strong on the tackle. Tait has to play on the right as well. 

16 minutes ago, superward said:

As for tonight, a few things for the manager to consider indeed.

Tactics: Of the most used formations we attempt - we cannot go with the narrow 4-4-2 diamond as it leaves us too open against the better teams. Not a huge fan of the dependency on 3-5-2/5-3-2, especially if we go long ball as we often just don't create. Do we set up to frustrate Celtic or do we set up to play our own game? Does it matter?!

Players: Hartley and McHugh available again but derided by many for recent performances. Dunne, Donnelly and Livingstone all played 45 mins on Monday with an eye on tonight perhaps. Will the manager prefer a 'stronger' player like Rose and sacrifice a 'footballer' like Bigi or Turnbull?

We seem to have plenty of options to change it anyway and I'm struggling to even pick a best 11!

Whilst not popular, I'd be bringing Hartley and McHugh back in and warning the latter not to fucking sell the jerseys. I'd probably bring in Gorrin for a start too as he can offer some ball playing and strong on the tackle. Tait has to play on the right as well.

Wouldn't argue with that reasoning.  I'd also start Bowman ahead of Johnson as we'll need some strong runners up front and incursions into the Celtic box may be few and far between.  .