2018’19 Game 15:Celtic (H) Wednesday 5th December 2018

Yabba's Turd

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

Wouldn't argue with that reasoning.  I'd also start Bowman ahead of Johnson as we'll need some strong runners up front and incursions into the Celtic box may be few and far between.  . 

Aye, I considered that too, but on the other hand I'm not sure I want to see Bowman and Main up top either.   Right, I think I'd go with the below:

(3-5-2, attacking wing backs)

Gillespie

Tait,  Aldred, Hartley, Dunne, Livingstone

Turnbull, McHugh, Gorrin

Main Johnson

- Dunne not fit then Maguire/Mbulu and shuffle it, Bigi is an easy fall guy but he can be very lax defensively at times so Gorrin gets a chance and we rely on Turnbull and Gorrin for the ball playing, McHugh I do honestly think gives it more stability but at the same time is a bit of  risk for pace and a rash tackle..., as for up top I don't want to see one up there or a Bowman/Main pairing so it's that I think

2 hours ago, Neilwell86 said:

long shot I know, but anyone happen to have a spare season ticket not in use tonight. Not being able to drive, I won't make it into fir park in time to get to the ground and queue to pick up a ticket for tonight unfortunately. There is a Pre match nerve settler in it for anyone.

I see they are plugging the print at home option on Twitter. Option for you?

I think we'll see this:
Gillespie
Grimshaw Aldred McHugh Hartley Tait
Gorrin, Rose, Turnbull
Main, Johnson
The good thing is that there are several options so no excuses for players being out injured/inexperience etc.
I think you might be right, sure I saw a quote that Dunne is not going to make it but is expected to be back v Hearts

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Neilwell86 said:

long shot I know, but anyone happen to have a spare season ticket not in use tonight. Not being able to drive, I won't make it into fir park in time to get to the ground and queue to pick up a ticket for tonight unfortunately. There is a Pre match nerve settler in it for anyone.

2 hours ago, Andy_P said:

I see they are plugging the print at home option on Twitter. Option for you?

Aye, I did this for 1st time for tonight.

Bought online, and they instantly emailed me a PDF of ticket and printed off at home.

Provided you have access to a printer it’s a piece of piss.

Strangely optimistic, televised game, players been told there’s to be a clear out, others only here looking for exposure.

5-4-1

with a diamond in the middle and man up front off centre leaving everything on the park for 50- 60 minutes McGhee style 

a merited point, with out any grievances on our side 

Gillespie

Grimshaw Aldred Hartley Tait

Rose McHugh

Turnbull Campbell Gorrin

Main

Set out hard to beat. Try sneak one on break or at set plays. Still enough legs AND footballers to try and support Main.

Connor Sammon must be absolutely pinging them in in training to justify a start.

That's me in the "Robinson out" camp.

Edit - over the years we've had guys like Ojamaa, McCormack, Faddy, Higdon, Porter and co playing up front. Our striking options really are horrific compared to years gone by.

1 minute ago, GazzyB said:

Connor Sammon must be absolutely pinging them in in training to justify a start.

That's me in the "Robinson out" camp.

He was the third choice sub on Saturday. He must have done wonders Sunday Monday Tuesday to suddenly go from 4th striker to one of the top 2 at the club. He must have been messi over the three days. (That’s if we trained on Sunday)

Very "interesting team selection.   Full of defensive players but little in the way of attacking options or pace. Relying on the long ball (to who?) and set pieces?  I thought Allan Campbell had earned a rest and by the way he played at Livingston he needs it badly.   

We can draw conclusions at 9.45 as to how effective it proves to be.  No red cards or penalties conceded tonight - please!