2018’19 Game 15:Celtic (H) Wednesday 5th December 2018

Yabba's Turd

I will take that. Celtic will be kicking themselves but, as WC Fields said, never give a sucker an even break.

We weren’t in any way good, but we stuck in, took the punches they managed to land, a certain amount of belief visibly grew as the second half progressed, and, for once against this lot, we got a break.

We were brave, and fortune favours the brave.

Watched the live stream on my phone but then had to go to a meeting shortly after Sammon’s Effort.  What a great surprise to look at the result and see we stole a point.  Bummed that I didn’t get to see it live.  I was sure we would finish with less than 11 players. We committed a lot of stupid fouls. 

Let's be honest, Celtic threw that away tonight with a hugely lacklustre, battery saving mode 2nd half performance but at 1-0 all it takes is one goal.  We've learned the hard way many times in similar situations that a 1 goal lead is never enough but fortunately it was Celtic that got the lesson tonight.

Not the greatest performance of all time, we will have played the OF dozens and dozens of times, performed better and got nothing, but we'll take the point while recognizing that there are still a lot of things that need to be fixed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GazzyB said:

Is this the same Adam Livingstone people have been crying out for to play?

His 3rd ever senior appearance, his first of this term and his first for two seasons.

Picked up a booking early and was always going to be under pressure from then on but come on, given the performances of some of the senior players tonight singling out Livingstone seems a bit harsh.

He's shown over a longer period than part of one game that he deserves a chance.

Unable to get there tonight. Listened to radio  2nd half  and according to their reporters we played much better after a bad 1st. However to lose 2 players after 15 minutes and manage to hold on is a positive, I had no hopes before the game after week-end performance so I'll take the point happily.

I thought Sammon played well. Did not let the Celtic central defenders settle and had a few nice lay offs. I suppose thought if people have decided that they don't like a player they have to find ways of justifying it.

That is the first time I have seen Livingstone play tonight and he looked out his depth. Maybe this is why he has not been in the first team as yet?

Looked like a training match for large parts of it. A huge stroke of luck for the disallowed goal, a good save for the penalty and a fantastic finish at the end the story of the game. After the injuries in the first ten minutes the players and the manager deserved a break. This will not happen often against Celtic so we have to enjoy it. Delighted with the result.

2 minutes ago, Big Wispy Flossy said:

Carl mchugh was terrific at centre half. That’s where he should be playing not midfield.  Gillespie excellent too.

it may not be what people want to hear but I thought sammon played reasonably well second half too.

Don't disagree with any of that but a few on here will simply refuse to acknowledge that McHugh has done anything right...