2018’19 Game 16:Hearts (A) Saturday 8th December 2018

Yabba's Turd

That was my thinking. We are going to have to rotate the team over the next month, and I think last night was a good opportunity to use Sammon.

It may also put whoever comes back in on Saturday on notice, it will be on them to put in the performance that will keep them in the team.

I’d assume that Hartley will be back in for Saturday, and dunne may be ready too. I wouldn’t be surprised if bowman is rotated in for Sammon, but I think it will more likely be main.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe that was a factor in his selection last night. 
Exactly this, a 90 mins chasing the ball is better done by a player who is not also having to play on Saturday. Thought Sammon was poor in first half, but much better second half. Main and Bowman fresh for Saturday. Manager got it right even though it seemed puzzling at first.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Given the seethe from Levein re penalty awards (and the one SJ got last night was laughable), it's probably odds-on already a penalty award  will be coming Hearts' way. Conversely, our chances of same are probably lengthening.

Probably just have to make do with a Johnson double :woop: .

Team  selection should be interesting given our sick list.

Hopefully see Dunne come back in and I’d expect to see Main and possibly Gorrin start to rotate things. 

We haven’t been great away from home recently, think we might park the bus here and hopefully Johnson or Turnbull can use their quality to nick something. 

Very tough given the ever lengthening injury list with Hearts very much the favourites. However four points from six from the Aberdeen and Celtic games show we can compete with the better teams so a level of hope.
Agreed and it would be really refreshing to hear some praise from the doom and gloom merchants who predicted gubbings in these games

6 hours ago, Clackscat said:

Agreed and it would be really refreshing to hear some praise from the doom and gloom merchants who predicted gubbings in these games

As one of the so called doom and gloom merchants I would like to say well done for the 4 points from them 2 games. I do believe we're only 3 players away from being a decent team.

Again anything from this fixture should be seen as a bonus. Hopefully we out in animproved performance and we will see what we get.

Aldred and McHugh at centre of the defence. Tait as fullback, though which side is debatable. Johnson and Main up front. A midfield from our collection of plodders and youngsters.Right now, I’d exclude Rose from initial selection given I thought he was the poorest on show on Wednesday. As such, I fully expect him to score a screamer at Tynecastle.

12 minutes ago, The African said:

Again anything from this fixture should be seen as a bonus. Hopefully we out in animproved performance and we will see what we get.

Aldred and McHugh at centre of the defence. Tait as fullback, though which side is debatable. Johnson and Main up front. A midfield from our collection of plodders and youngsters.Right now, I’d exclude Rose from initial selection given I thought he was the poorest on show on Wednesday. As such, I fully expect him to score a screamer at Tynecastle.

Yep, agree with that basically. Hoping Dunne is deemed match fit so Tait can move back to the right hand side. 

Not necessarily what i’d go for but if Hartley is out and Dunne is back I think we might see..

Gillespie 

Tait Alred Mbulu Dunne

McHugh

Campbell Gorrin

Turnbull

Johnson Main 

Steven Maclean always seems to score against us so Mbulu especially will need to be on his game if he plays. If Rose is fit enough you could always move McHugh back to centre half and have Rose in midfield but 2 games in 3 days might be too much after his injury. 

Hearts are still very strong at Tynecastle but I’m hopeful of snatching a point. 1-1 with Main on the scoresheet.