2018’19 Game 16:Hearts (A) Saturday 8th December 2018

Yabba's Turd

To be honest, at the start of the week if you’d offered me a 1 point from Celtic at home and Hearts away I’d have probably taken it. Think the majority of the frustration from today comes from the fact Hearts were equally as dogshit as us but we didn’t have the quality to take advantage of it despite largely controlling the game. 

As others have said it’s now a mini league of 4 and we should have enough to finish top of it.

Just saw the disallowed goal on SSN.  I was at the game, but obviously had a different view from Willie C. Yeah, Levein is right - all refs have it in for Hearts.  If he is so much in favour of improving standards, then he will acknowledge that this was another dreadful decision. Anyone holding their breath?

I don’t think the team did a great deal wrong today in fairness.  Can’t remember Gillespie having much to do at all, especially in the second half. 

However we never really looked like scoring either.  Our set pieces at times were ridiculous. 

As someone said above, if I was offered 1 point from Celtic and Hearts after the livi game then I’d have taken that. Better teams than us have lost and will lose at tynecastle 

Just watched the TV highlights and the time and space the Hearts player was given to cross the ball into our box for their goal was criminal. He was allowed to pick his spot. That put our defence under unnecessary pressure. We're not good at closing teams down outside our penalty area.   

Our inability to grind out anything in games there is nothing in is killing us. From our 9 defeats this season, 5 were 1-0’s, and there was nothing in any of them between the teams really, yet did we even look like scoring and/test their keeper in any of them?

Also, Dundee down to 10 men v Rangers today for 70 minutes yet not collapsing like we did and getting a credible point. 

With St Mirren and Dundee appearing to get their act together we are going to have to do likewise. 

2 hours ago, milo said:

Our inability to grind out anything in games there is nothing in is killing us. From our 9 defeats this season, 5 were 1-0’s, and there was nothing in any of them between the teams really, yet did we even look like scoring and/test their keeper in any of them?

Also, Dundee down to 10 men v Rangers today for 70 minutes yet not collapsing like we did and getting a credible point. 

With St Mirren and Dundee appearing to get their act together we are going to have to do likewise. 

Dundee were always likely to improve. They are paying wages akin to Killie and 30% more than us. 

St Mirren however have only taken 1 more point than us these past 5 games where we have played Aberdeen, Rangers, Celtic and Hearts away. And if getting their act together means losing 3 goals in the 2nd half v Livingston I will take that recovery all day long. 

More concerned about Dundee, but think we will have enough about us to stay above the 3 below us by the end of the season.