2018’19 Game 17:St Johnstone (A) Saturday 15th December 2018

Yabba's Turd

4 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

This combined with one of the longest walks from the train station in Scottish football means I'll probably be even more grumpy than usual.

Hang on to your hats! :lol:

It's also the coldest stand I've ever sat in (including places like Pittodrie).

13 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Steady on Weeyin. Pittodrie and Tannadice really take some beating. Tannadice is the only stadium you need to wear long johns in July.

I was at McDiarmid Park not long after it opened, and it was freezing. The 0 - 0 snooze fest on display did nothing to keep us warm, right enough.

Baltic.

I was warmer the day we played at Muirton and Shuggie Sproat found time during the match to have a snowball fight with some fans behind the goals.

20 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Steady on Weeyin. Pittodrie and Tannadice really take some beating. Tannadice is the only stadium you need to wear long johns in July.

Il see your Pittodrie & Tannadice, and raise you Caley Park! Been to a lot of games there,its cold all year round being at the edge of the firth. But I remember a cup game in Jan where the moisture from my breath was freezing hairs on my beard around my mouth! Absolutely Baltic 

On 12/10/2018 at 10:20 PM, Ya Bezzer! said:

The last time I was there I got sunburned pretty badly. 

The day of the infamous Carson 18 yard controversy.  That was August to be fair.

I've got a mate in Perth so visit the odd time. It's almost got a micro climate, what you see in Stirling will invariably change when you get to Perth.

It can work both ways though, either tropical or quite the reverse...

——————————Gillespie————————

————Aldred———-Hartley———Dunne——-

Grimshaw———-Campbell——McHugh——————Tait

—————————Turnbull———————

————-Main———-Johnson 

Subs: 

Ferguson 

Maguire

Livingston 

Bigirimana

Gorrin

Scott

Bowman

We desperately need to take something from this and in trying to make a line-up suggestion, we desperately need quality bodies middle to front. 

1 hour ago, Kmac said:

—————————Turnbull———————

————-Main———-Johnson 

Subs: 

Ferguson 

Maguire

Livingston 

Bigirimana

Gorrin

Scott

Bowman

We desperately need to take something from this and in trying to make a line-up suggestion, we desperately need quality bodies middle to front. 

Spot on Kmac, this is the exact team I’d play. McHugh is better at the back in my opinion but I think with Dunne back we could do with his grit in the middle of the park. The rest pretty well picks itself....

1 hour ago, Kmac said:

—————————Turnbull———————

————-Main———-Johnson 

Subs: 

Ferguson 

Maguire

Livingston 

Bigirimana

Gorrin

Scott

Bowman

Lack of quality and pace in that selection is frightening  ,Aldred & Hartley are a big problem at the back they have no pace and couldn't pass water .Grimshaw really have you seen his last two performances him and Campbell have been shocking ,Main continues his headless chicken routine without any threat . Don't ask me to name a team because at this moment I couldn't, really hope we get something from the game but right now I'm looking for flights to anywhere so I don't have to go to the Tattiedome and witness a massacre 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yodo said:

Lack of quality and pace in that selection is frightening  ,Aldred & Hartley are a big problem at the back they have no pace and couldn't pass water .Grimshaw really have you seen his last two performances him and Campbell have been shocking ,Main continues his headless chicken routine without any threat . Don't ask me to name a team because at this moment I couldn't, really hope we get something from the game but right now I'm looking for flights to anywhere so I don't have to go to the Tattiedome and witness a massacre 

I fully agree on Grimshaw. I actually said on another thread that I would be looking to offload him in January however with Cadden injured, Rose away, Frear utterly inept and ATS being worse than a man short, there aren’t many alternatives 

10 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

You never see anything else other than a defeat no Matter who we play, how do you cope when we win . Try some positive thoughts for once you might enjoy it.

Like most fans, I love it when we win, that much should be obvious.

How do you think we’ll get on on Saturday? You’re sole contribution to this thread is to criticise a fairly commonly held opinion.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, milo said:

Like most fans, I love it when we win, that much should be obvious.

How do you think we’ll get on on Saturday? You’re sole contribution to this thread is to criticise a fairly commonly held opinion.

It's a commonly held opinion with the doom and gloom forum members, all the glass half empty people of whom you are one.

For me I try to be positive and hope we get something from every game we play whether that be 1 point or 3. More times than not it never turns out that way, but as with life supporting Motherwell is much better with a positive outlook. As for Saturday my prediction is a hard fought score draw :thumbup:

St. Johnstone normally play 4-4-2 but the last time we played them they matched up with a 3-5-2.  Did the same against Livingston, although they kept their 4-4-2 against Accies who also mostly play 3-5-2.

Will be interesting to see if they do the same again.  

For us I'd like to see James Scott get more game time, probably as a sub over Bowman.