2018’19 Game 18:Celtic (A) Wednesday 19th December 2018

Yabba's Turd

20 minutes ago, wellowell said:

Going by that team looks like Robbo has gave this game up and resting players for the next 3 crucial games . Just hope we can keep it respectable as has only kept the back 5 from Saturday and changed the whole midfield and front line . 

Have to agree, playing our second choice front two against the best team in the league does not bode well, he may well have already written this one off. 4-0 i’m afraid.

18 minutes ago, wellowell said:

Going by that team looks like Robbo has gave this game up and resting players for the next 3 crucial games . Just hope we can keep it respectable as has only kept the back 5 from Saturday and changed the whole midfield and front line . 

We've changed the back three in that McHugh has gone back to play in the back three with Mbulu dropping out. Not entirely surprised by this. Robinson likes McHugh so I didn't think he'd drop him. By playing him in the back three, it hopefully limits the amount of chasing the ball he'll have to do.  As I stated before, the midfielders and strikers will have a lot of chasing to do tonight so playing the guys unlikely to start on Saturday makes sense...

Could argue we have 4 or 5 starters on the bench.  So I'm assuming the idea is to keep the game at 0-0 for as long as possible then perhaps throw on Main and Johnson for the last 15 or 20 mins ?  However, I think we will be doing well to hold them to Zero for any more than 15 mins. We struggle to deal with Forrest and player of that ilk running at us.

Just now, Yorkyred said:

If we get a hammering i’m guessing Robinson will come in for quite a bit of stick regardling team selection and more or less giving Celtic the 3 points. Not good for moral in truth but plenty of managers have done it before. 

The Motherwell twitter posted a video of us beating Celtic three years ago today.

Funnily enough it was Moult and McDonald who created and scored the goals rather than Wes Fletcher and Faddy......

• Like 1