Jump to content

Yabba's Turd

2018’19 Game 18:Celtic (A) Wednesday 19th December 2018

Recommended Posts

That third goal before half time might well have been the best thing that could've happened to us. Celtic have been in second gear all second half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're crap. Play an awfull style of hoofball. Nae left back which is a first in my 45 years of watching football. No other team in Britain i'll bet has no left back. We have sandancers in Gorrin and Bigriama in our midfield and duffers like Conner Salmon up front. Ma managerial knife has been out for weeks. Mourinho got sacked for less incompetence. Robinson out.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GazzyB said:

That third goal before half time might well have been the best thing that could've happened to us. Celtic have been in second gear all second half.

Or we might have upped our game and started defending better by not giving them any opportunities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DEWELL said:

We're crap. Play an awfull style of hoofball. Nae left back which is a first in my 45 years of watching football. No other team in Britain i'll bet has no left back. We have sandancers in Gorrin and Bigriama in our midfield and duffers like Conner Salmon up front. Ma managerial knife has been out for weeks. Mourinho got sacked for less incompetence. Robinson out.

I'm going to assume your fishing here and just leave it at that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, superward said:

Give yerself peace. 4 first picks rested, 3 first picks injured. Next 3 are the important games.

Just my opinion which I am entitled to.  I know fully well the next 3 important but that shouldn't mean we should expect a pumping every time we go to parkheid or Ibrox.......COYW 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Calm down lads.  Tonight was never going to be easy and I have no problem with the team Robbo has fielded.  I doubt if our defence has played any worse than they did on Saturday but the Celtic strikers are taking their chances whilst their St Johnstone counterparts did not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not there and not been following it but 3 points against St Mirren are more valuable than points here.  Both would have been nice of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Three nil, and I would have probably taken that at kick-off, and definitely at half-time. Never happy with a defeat and our style of play is not what I would wish for, but we are where we are and seven points from the next three games is probably the target now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The African said:

Three nil, and I would have probably taken that at kick-off, and definitely at half-time. Never happy with a defeat and our style of play is not what I would wish for, but we are where we are and seven points from the next three games is probably the target now.

We have a run of about 8 league games where, if we can play half decent, we can gather up a few points along the way to put ourselves out of harms way.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Robinson got a "free shot " at it tonight so if we don't win on Saturday do the board sack him ? Really disturbing that we went there tonight with no believe that we could get anything a real negative attitude 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Yodo said:

So Robinson got a "free shot " at it tonight so if we don't win on Saturday do the board sack him ? Really disturbing that we went there tonight with no believe that we could get anything a real negative attitude 

Behave yourself, are you really suggesting SR and the team went there tonight with the "we are not going to get anything " attitude. Sometimes you need to accept the team you are playing is better than you on the night, our record against Celtic is actually not that bad we have more important games coming up by beating the teams at our end of the table.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Behave yourself, are you really suggesting SR and the team went there tonight with the "we are not going to get anything " attitude. Sometimes you need to accept the team you are playing is better than you on the night, our record against Celtic is actually not that bad we have more important games coming up by beating the teams at our end of the table.

I think with the team he picked he went with that exact attitude . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funnily enough I've been watching a few Bill Shankley videos were he reiterated over and over - play for the fans.

Well the fans, paid £28 tonight to see not an iota of energy expended in what was clearly a match written off by the management, based on team selection, and the players, based on performance.

And the thing is Celtic were garbage and still went 3-0 despite barely pressuring us in the first half hour or so.

Charles Dunne is a player who has won me over despite some obvious weaknesses in his game but his performance was embarrassing tonight.

The rest weren't much better.

A team that turns it off and on based on whether they feel like it. Won't get relegated is good enough for these guys.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The three nil score line looks okay if you never seen the game but really we were pish and Celtic never got out of 2nd gear .Got to agree with YB about Charles he was all over the place tonight but he needs games still a big player for us 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

more important games coming up by beating the teams at our end of the table.

Perhaps instead of a season ticket we should just have a bottom 4 ticket. You know, just the important games.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Funnily enough I've been watching a few Bill Shankley videos were he reiterated over and over - play for the fans.

Well the fans, paid £28 tonight to see not an iota of energy expended in what was clearly a match written off by the management, based on team selection, and the players, based on performance.

And the thing is Celtic were garbage and still went 3-0 despite barely pressuring us in the first half hour or so.

Charles Dunne is a player who has won me over despite some obvious weaknesses in his game but his performance was embarrassing tonight.

The rest weren't much better.

A team that turns it off and on based on whether they feel like it. Won't get relegated is good enough for these guys.

End of the day everything about tonight was the bigger picture, Robinson knew it was highly likely we were going to lose tonight regardless of what team he put out and our players were going to expel a hell of a lot of energy getting pulled all over the place by a technically superior team. The big game is Saturdays and that’s the one he’s prioritised and he’s hardly the first manager to do it and won’t be the last. It’s a risk and he knows if we fail to get the 3 points on Saturday a few on here and elsewhere will let him know about it big style. If we win however it’s been the right move in my view and brave management.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Perhaps instead of a season ticket we should just have a bottom 4 ticket. You know, just the important games.

Or next time we go to the Tattiedome we just chuck a white flag onto the pitch and stay inside the dressing room 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

End of the day everything about tonight was the bigger picture, Robinson knew it was highly likely we were going to lose tonight regardless of what team he put out and our players were going to expel a hell of a lot of energy getting pulled all over the place by a technically superior team. The big game is Saturdays and that’s the one he’s prioritised and he’s hardly the first manager to do it and won’t be the last. It’s a risk and he knows if we fail to get the 3 points on Saturday a few on here and elsewhere will let him know about it big style. If we win however it’s been the right move in my view and brave management.

The bigger picture is we gave up 3 points without lifting a finger. It's totally unprofessional and that lack of professionalism is one of the reasons we've been at the end of the table that we are.

I didn't go to Celtic Park expecting a win tonight but I did expect the team to put in more effort than I did walking from Bridgeton station.

A no effort performance. A nothing performance. A pointless performance.

And I'll say it again Celtic weren't even any good tonight. We rolled over like a trained dog.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not bothered about Robinson’s selection tonight. Next 3 games are far more important and we could quite as easily have started with Main, Johnson, Campbell etc tonight and still got beaten 3-0...or worse. 

Big game on Saturday though, if we win everyone will say Robbo made the correct decisions tonight, if we lose the knives will be out I’m sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

The bigger picture is we gave up 3 points without lifting a finger. It's totally unprofessional and that lack of professionalism is one of the reasons we've been at the end of the table that we are.

I didn't go to Celtic Park expecting a win tonight but I did expect the team to put in more effort than I did walking from Bridgeton station.

A no effort performance. A nothing performance. A pointless performance.

And I'll say it again Celtic weren't even any good tonight. We rolled over like a trained dog

When the stats for the season are compiled it will read a 3-0 win to Celtic, there will be no mention of how good or bad either team were or who tried the hardest, etc i.e nobody will care and I am sure if we beat St Mirren on sat most well fans won't give a shit either.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Anytime a team needs a result Fir Park seems to be the place they get it enter St Midden 

Apart from Rangers, Aberdeen and Celtic aye?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

When the stats for the season are compiled it will read a 3-0 win to Celtic, there will be no mention of how good or bad either team were or who tried the hardest, etc i.e nobody will care and I am sure if we beat St Mirren on sat most well fans won't give a shit either.

Did you bother to go tonight?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×