Jump to content

Yabba's Turd

2018’19 Game 19:St Mirren (H) Saturday 22nd December 2018

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

The same as it’s always been, as long as we stay out of the bottom two he’s safe.

I write a lot on here but you just summed it up in one sentence.

The paucity of ambition is manifest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shotts Well Fan said:

Well that sounds like an exciting season ahead.

It won’t be exciting for sure but if the board have said the objective is to retain premiership status and then try and move forward when the debt is paid off it’s correct. If it’s improve every year while playing attractive football he’s failing. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

The same as it’s always been, as long as we stay out of the bottom two he’s safe.

just staying out the bottom 2 then becomes a lottery, and the law of averages says we could well be on the shoogly nail ??? we should be glad that there is also other teams at the bottom just as shite as we are 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let the happy clappers defend that performance personally I can't wait to read some of them on here . Said a while back he was taking the club to new depths and his time was up . There were no tactics today none what so ever hoof ball all over the place ,why we took Tait off I'll never know and how Grimshaw stayed on the park is beyond me . When you think you can pick and choose the games you are going to try to win then you are in deep trouble . This is the worst squad I have ever seen at Fir Park in fifty odd year of watching the team ,so cmon Allan Burrows get this clown out our club tonight 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I write a lot on here but you just summed it up in one sentence.

The paucity of ambition is manifest.

I’m a realist. Since I started watching the team we have had Barraclough, McGee, and Robinson. Either the club keeps making terrible managerial appointment mistakes or working with one of the smallest budgets in the league actually finds you struggling to put together a squad of real quality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Yodo said:

Let the happy clappers defend that performance personally I can't wait to read some of them on here . Said a while back he was taking the club to new depths and his time was up . There were no tactics today none what so ever hoof ball all over the place ,why we took Tait off I'll never know and how Grimshaw stayed on the park is beyond me . When you think you can pick and choose the games you are going to try to win then you are in deep trouble . This is the worst squad I have ever seen at Fir Park in fifty odd year of watching the team ,so cmon Allan Burrows get this clown out our club tonight 

welcome back wee man , iv missed your input 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm generally more cup half full than half empty but that today leaves me more than a bit concerned.

 

What an opportunity we've blown.

 

The whole resting players issue thing beforehand put some uneccesary pressure and set us up for a fall which duly came.

 

I think whilst we've been clear of both St Mirren and Dundee, Accies we've always been erratic against so them less so, and they haven't been able to lay a glove on us we've had a physiological advantage over them as well as points advantage. We've lost that now. St Mirren will look at that today and will have absolutely no fear going into the last two games against us.

 

Over the piece I actually thought we were worthy of a point at least but David Turnbull apart there was virtually no creativity.

 

It was summed up towards the end of the game when we had four forwards on the park but no clue how to supply them with the ball.

 

The substitution of Mbulu in itself wasn't wrong but when we were crying out for width to throw another central midfielder into the mix seemed odd.

 

That was compounded by later changes. I cannot fathom how we ended the game with Grimshaw on the park and Tait hooked. Grimshaw was having a tough time of it trying to create down the right. Surely Tait over on the right and Frear on the left would have given more shape and balance.

 

The goal does not leave Bigi looking particularly clever. The chance Hammill fired over apart they looked as woeful at creating anything meaningful as we were so really poor to give them a helping hand.

 

Shite result. Shite performance. Shite that we've given St Mirren an opening they never should have had And only ourselves to blame for it all.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This is what happens when you run down a Scottish Premiership team to a English non league team.
You are who you play. 
We had one player we signed from an English non league team that started.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Andy_P said:

I'm generally more cup half full than half empty but that today leaves me more than a bit concerned.

 

What an opportunity we've blown.

 

The whole resting players issue thing beforehand put some uneccesary pressure and set us up for a fall which duly came.

 

I think whilst we've been clear of both St Mirren and Dundee, Accies we've always been erratic against so them less so, and they haven't been able to lay a glove on us we've had a physiological advantage over them as well as points advantage. We've lost that now. St Mirren will look at that today and will have absolutely no fear going into the last two games against us.

 

Over the piece I actually thought we were worthy of a point at least but David Turnbull apart there was virtually no creativity.

 

It was summed up towards the end of the game when we had four forwards on the park but no clue how to supply them with the ball.

 

The substitution of Mbulu in itself wasn't wrong but when we were crying out for width to throw another central midfielder into the mix seemed odd.

 

That was compounded by later changes. I cannot fathom how we ended the game with Grimshaw on the park and Tait hooked. Grimshaw was having a tough time of it trying to create down the right. Surely Tait over on the right and Frear on the left would have given more shape and balance.

 

The goal does not leave Bigi looking particularly clever. The chance Hammill fired over apart they looked as woeful at creating anything meaningful as we were so really poor to give them a helping hand.

 

Shite result. Shite performance. Shite that we've given St Mirren an opening they never should have had And only ourselves to blame for it all.

 

 

good post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couldnot get to game today, probably I was the lucky one. I cannot believe the rubbish that is being served up. Although after watching last year's friendly and this year's, I was of the opinion that the team was pretty rotten and I'm afraid that is turning out to right, Have watched the team for over 50 years and can honestly say that taking the whole team there is only 1 player of any class and that's young Turnbull. We'll never be anything with the debt hanging over us, not being able to afford a decent player. I would say fan ownership is not our saviour with such a poor core support. Where is Mr. Burroughs now? He had plenty to say when we were doing well in the Cup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the club is happy too just stay up every season and expect fans too keep turning up too watch the utter dross thats been served up this season,then the time will come when it backfires,i don't miss many games over the course of a season but im finding a chore too go and watch us right now.we have a manager that has zero interest in any form of entertaining football,we have to many players that are simply not geood enough for this level and if it continues this way then i can see me starting too miss more and more games and i bet im not the only fan feeling like that way.i don't expect too see us banging in goals and playing free flowing football every week but at the same time i don't want to be bored out my tits watching a team that struggles to do the basics.something has too give because what's being served up on the park is beyond embarrassing at times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t get to many games these days, however, that was a woeful performance from both teams. I  doubt I will be back again this season.  Entertainment? I would rather watch paint dry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Andy_P said:

The whole resting players issue thing beforehand put some uneccesary pressure and set us up for a fall which duly came.

Totally agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Let the happy clappers defend that performance personally I can't wait to read some of them on here . Said a while back he was taking the club to new depths and his time was up . There were no tactics today none what so ever hoof ball all over the place ,why we took Tait off I'll never know and how Grimshaw stayed on the park is beyond me . When you think you can pick and choose the games you are going to try to win then you are in deep trouble . This is the worst squad I have ever seen at Fir Park in fifty odd year of watching the team ,so cmon Allan Burrows get this clown out our club tonight 

I probably would be in the happy clapper camp but it's hard to say anything positive about that today.... We didn't look like scoring, there was no spark. 

If we are struggling because of the debt, there should be some kind of statement from the club, then people may get behind the cause more. 

Don't agree it's the worst squad in the last 50 years, it's probably not even the worst in the last 20.

Remember we've been relegated once and stayed down for about 4 years and escaped relegation on technicalities twice.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Andy_P said:
49 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:
This is what happens when you run down a Scottish Premiership team to a English non league team.
You are who you play. 

We had one player we signed from an English non league team that started.

But they are non league standard and play in the style of a non league team.

The fact that we signed them from League Two or League One reserves doesn't really come into it. 

Out of 198 first team starts (before today) only 69 of them were by Scottish players and that's if you include Tom Aldred. 

Overwhelmingly our team is composed of English lower league standard players that just aren't good enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Santa had the day off, but no worries, St Mirren got a real Christmas present today; 3 points, gift wrapped by Robinson signed by the full team!

What a waste of a good pitch, I'm sure it's designed for football, but not sure many at the club know it.

Our under 20s team would do that st mirren, easily. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

But they are non league standard and play in the style of a non league team.

The fact that we signed them from League Two or League One reserves doesn't really come into it. 

Out of 198 first team starts (before today) only 69 of them were by Scottish players and that's if you include Tom Aldred. 

Overwhelmingly our team is composed of English lower league standard players that just aren't good enough.

Managed by a manager who wasn't good enough for a lower division team, Oldham.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today’s performance wasn’t too different from umpteen games under Robinson. The context of the game was slightly different however. When you opt to throw a game at Parkhead by resting 5 players, there is no hiding place for the manager when we produce a subsequent performance that lacks energy, creativity and tactical awareness. 

I wonder how the Board and Burrows view the current situation. While the signed up to eye bleeding football when they offered him a long term contract, surely an inflated squad of journeymen doesn’t sit well with our supposed self-sufficient model. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

I probably would be in the happy clapper camp but it's hard to say anything positive about that today.... We didn't look like scoring, there was no spark. 

If we are struggling because of the debt, there should be some kind of statement from the club, then people may get behind the cause more. 

Don't agree it's the worst squad in the last 50 years, it's probably not even the worst in the last 20.

Remember we've been relegated once and stayed down for about 4 years and escaped relegation on technicalities twice.... 

Ability wise this is definitely the worst squad ever 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Ability wise this is definitely the worst squad ever 

You’ve been around since 1886, impressive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just back and as a fully paid up member of the happy clappy club, I thought that was a disgraceful performance, dreadful selection against a team low on confidence, poor tactics, crazy substitutions just awful all round.

I said after 15 mins this had a 1 nil defeat all over it against a truly awful team.

Turnbull was cutting a frustrated figure at those around him. This kind of display won't help us keep the one genuinely class player we have.

Worrying to say the least

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve watched motherwell for almost 50 years and I’ve seen so many dross games in my time but that today. Jesus help us.


Two appalling non football teams on show, on the occasion the ball was on the deck it was inevitably Turnbull who was responsible but being surrounded by hoof ball specialists put pay to any form of decent entertainment.


Having 5 players up front at the end was just an embarrassing example of football in this country, totally devoid of any tactical nouse or skill, utter desperation from a dinosaur manager. Even when we were truly shite in the 80s we at least tried to get the ball down and play.


I paid £29 for that today at a time of year I can ill afford to pay£29. I won’t be doing that again in a hurry, Appalling excuse for football!!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×