Mid term report.

livivoice

Some thoughts;

Carson----Season now finished but hopeful he will come back stronger. At 30 he has years left in him.

Gillespie---Able replacement but has to be wary about coming off his line too far.

Aldred-----Sound.

Mc Hugh---Yup, he is erratic but his strengths outweigh his weaknesses.  

Hartley----I like him but his injury record is becoming a concern

Grimmy-----Like Motherwell he is frustratingly inconsistent. Important player though. Check Aberdeen game.

Campbell----Invaluable player but needs to avoid burn out.

Bigi------I hear he has cleared his flat!!

Turnbull---Hopefully he can be advised on the wisdom of furthering his career at FP for 2 or more years. Reminds me increasingly of a young Lambert.

Tait---His versatility and honest approach make him invaluable.

Main----Needs a break to reboot his `Well career.  There is a player there.

Johnson. Good signing who will only get better.

Ferguson---Will drop down the pecking order once a back up goalie to MG is signed in January.

Maguire----Fear he is drifting out of the reckoning. A loan beckons.

Mbulu---Raw but the potential is there.

Gorrin----Jury is out.

Rose----Heading west.

Bowman---Has never fully won over Robinson. Remember he was not a Robinson signing.Can see him leaving in January.

Sammon---Although never as bad a signing as some have suggested I feel we would not be too difficult to negotiate with if Hearts wanted him back in January. And with their striker crisis.....I wonder. Interesting that a number of Jambos I spoke to recently all spoke favourably about Sammon`s attitude and application.

Dunne---Once fully up to speed he will be like a new signing.

Frear---Suspect he will be gone in January

Cadden-----Saw him earlier this week in full leg brace. Dont expect to see him until spring I feel.

Tanner----God , we need him back.  He has youth on his side as he recovers from a real sickener. But the longer his absence lasts.....|

Donnelly/ATS------Both need a good 2nd half of season to prove doubters wrong.

Newall---Just hasnt happened. Will likely go out on loan for remainder of season. Then his taxi will await.

Hastie---His Irn Bru performances and form at Alloa could see him as a good replacement for Frear. 

Maclean---Always impressed me but injuries occured at the wrong time. Get impression his move to Morton has set him back. Prospect of move to Falkirk has look of Forbes/Mc Hugh.

Under 20`s ----Scott looks real deal and could get a run perhaps toward season`s end. Brown and Livingston might follow. Not so sure about the others and with Crags going this doesnt help .

Of course , new signings will have a big bearing on some of the above guys.

As for where we will end up. 6th aint out of the question [ yet] but I will plump for 8th and a run to the quarter final of the cup.

An interesting 2nd half of the season awaits.

• Thanks 1

Some thoughts;
Carson----Season now finished but hopeful he will come back stronger. At 30 he has years left in him.
Gillespie---Able replacement but has to be wary about coming off his line too far.
Aldred-----Sound.
Mc Hugh---Yup, he is erratic but his strengths outweigh his weaknesses.  
Hartley----I like him but his injury record is becoming a concern
Grimmy-----Like Motherwell he is frustratingly inconsistent. Important player though. Check Aberdeen game.
Campbell----Invaluable player but needs to avoid burn out.
Bigi------I hear he has cleared his flat!!
Turnbull---Hopefully he can be advised on the wisdom of furthering his career at FP for 2 or more years. Reminds me increasingly of a young Lambert.
Tait---His versatility and honest approach make him invaluable.
Main----Needs a break to reboot his `Well career.  There is a player there.
Johnson. Good signing who will only get better.
Ferguson---Will drop down the pecking order once a back up goalie to MG is signed in January.
Maguire----Fear he is drifting out of the reckoning. A loan beckons.
Mbulu---Raw but the potential is there.
Gorrin----Jury is out.
Rose----Heading west.
Bowman---Has never fully won over Robinson. Remember he was not a Robinson signing.Can see him leaving in January.
Sammon---Although never as bad a signing as some have suggested I feel we would not be too difficult to negotiate with if Hearts wanted him back in January. And with their striker crisis.....I wonder. Interesting that a number of Jambos I spoke to recently all spoke favourably about Sammon`s attitude and application.
Dunne---Once fully up to speed he will be like a new signing.
Frear---Suspect he will be gone in January
Cadden-----Saw him earlier this week in full leg brace. Dont expect to see him until spring I feel.
Tanner----God , we need him back.  He has youth on his side as he recovers from a real sickener. But the longer his absence lasts.....|
Donnelly/ATS------Both need a good 2nd half of season to prove doubters wrong.
Newall---Just hasnt happened. Will likely go out on loan for remainder of season. Then his taxi will await.
Hastie---His Irn Bru performances and form at Alloa could see him as a good replacement for Frear. 
Maclean---Always impressed me but injuries occured at the wrong time. Get impression his move to Morton has set him back. Prospect of move to Falkirk has look of Forbes/Mc Hugh.
Under 20`s ----Scott looks real deal and could get a run perhaps toward season`s end. Brown and Livingston might follow. Not so sure about the others and with Crags going this doesnt help .

Of course , new signings will have a big bearing on some of the above guys.

As for where we will end up. 6th aint out of the question [ yet] but I will plump for 8th and a run to the quarter final of the cup.

An interesting 2nd half of the season awaits.
Don't disagree with most of that. Interesting point re Sammon's attitude. This is entirely consistent with what I saw v Hibs in reserves. Totally committed, supporting and encouraging his team mates. Comparison with Ainsworth who I saw in reserves the week prior to McGhee getting sacked. Never moved out centre circle, gave the ball away every time, body language awful, couldn't give a stuff, subbed after 60 mins.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I'll play.

Carson----Poorish this season after last seasons excellent performances.  May have been down to his medical condition.

Gillespie---Performed relatively well so far

Aldred-----He's surrounded by poor players so it's difficult to judge him.  Starting to have my doubts.

Mc Hugh---If any player represents the current side it's him.  Occasional decent performances but more likely stupid decisions, mistakes, daft bookings, poor technical ability, slow as fuck etc...

Hartley----Growls a lot to cover up the fact he's injured/slow/done

Grimmy-----Gives you maybe 4 good performances a year.  Just not good enough.

Campbell----Well down on last year when he was our best outfield player.  Like Aldred he is surrounded by poor players.  Burn out or is it a morale issue?  

Bigi------One of the better ball players but he flatters to deceive, consistently doesn't track back. Like McHugh someone that never seems to learn from repeated mistakes.

Turnbull---By miles our most gifted player and yet was ignored by the manager up until recently.  Out of contract, if he gets an offer from elsewhere he'd be mad not to take it.

Tait---Another player that's hard to judge due to him being played in the wrong position.  Have witnessed him being ripped apart on a few occasions recently.

Main----Very frustrating player.  Does some things well but as a striker he couldn't hit the side of a barn.  His shooting is terrible, like guy on the street in a pair of oxfords terrible. 

Johnson---Has proved he will score goals if you create chances.  Maybe doesn't give you much else though. 

Ferguson---All I know is Airdrie fans didn't rate him.

Maguire----I rate him.  Maybe too much football in him to get a game in our team.

Mbulu---Has been a bit shaky to be honest but he's learning the game.  No blame  can be put on guys like Mbulu, they should be getting mentored by more experienced players.

Gorrin----Sportscene star.  Hasn't had many chances but if you take someone like Turnbull he came in and made an impression.  Gorrin hasn't done that for me.

Rose----Was never very good but has got worse and worse.  Be gone!

Bowman---Hard worker but I'm afraid he just isn't good enough for this level of football. 

Sammon---Has been a scapegoat for some.  The signing was baffling as his game is not suited to the style of football we play.  Do we bring players in on height stats?

Dunne---Was poor at first, came on to a bit of a game but I think he's been atrocious since he came back from his injury.  His distribution is shocking - a big problem with the team in general.

Frear---When Frear played well the team played much better with the width he gave us.  However I think his confidence has been shattered  under Robinson.  Time to move on.

Cadden-----Like so many a player who has gone backwards.  Lots of goodwill towards him but does anyone know what to do with him?  Needs to find a position and add goals to his game.

Tanner----I like him a lot, for a spell last season he was one of the few positives.  However with the extent of his injury it's going to be tough for him to get back to that any time soon.

Donnelly/ATS------Poor and injury prone.

Newall---See above.

Hastie---Would give us some width.  From what I've seen he's not as consistent as Turnbull but I think it's worth giving him a shot.

Maclean---A player we failed to develop when he had excellent potential.  Will leave soon.

Under 20`s ---- James Scott should be stepping up.  Adam Livingstone has been excellent, one difficult appearance against Celtic shouldn't rule him out.  Would like to see guys like Broque Watson given a chance off the bench (under the right circumstances) to see if they are ready for first team football.  A few others, say, Akeal Rehman, look like they have a basic level of ability that many of our first team players don't.