2018'19 Game 20: Kilmarnock (H) Wednesday 26th December 2018

Kmcalpin

5 minutes ago, smiddy said:

hope I am wrong , but we are now looking like the hibs team that got relegated, no goal scorer, no luck , and looking disjointed, only my opinion though, but can see the signs 

We're looking scarily like another Hibs! Todays game sounds like a bad joke, 3 players off injured in 25 mins after clashing with their own fucking teammates. Wow lol

Three freak injuries and main looks out of sorts after his head knock. Real shame considering we had tried to set up differently and that was all thrown out of the window ten minutes in. Then they score from a cross. You couldn’t make it up.

It’s going to be a hard second half. If we come out feeling sorry for ourselves we’ll get humped. If we come out and get in their faces and press them like they’ve been pressing us, we might also get humped but at least it will be better to watch.

Someone needs to give Gorrin a slap to wake him up, he looks lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps telling that while we've been comprehensively outplayed by Kilmarnock and barely had an effort on goal we've not been as bad as most of the recent matches.

I think Frear has given a little bit of something but Kilmarnock are dominating possession.

Bit unlucky with the goal (surely it was meant as a cross) and the injuries.

If Kilmarnock get the next goal we can all go home but at 0-1 you are always still in the match.

Apart from the general nightmarish injury situation, I'm disappointed we couldn't stick with that starting formation. I was really looking forward to see how that worked out, as it was something new.

It's always a struggle to mentally re-adjust when you see a team mate get stretchered off like that, so I hope the half time break helps them.

5 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Apart from the general nightmarish injury situation, I'm disappointed we couldn't stick with that starting formation. I was really looking forward to see how that worked out, as it was something new.

It's always a struggle to mentally re-adjust when you see a team mate get stretchered off like that, so I hope the half time break helps them.

How did we initially set up? 

1 minute ago, milo said:

Main has sold the jerseys today but it utter garbage anyway. One of the worst number 9’s we’ve ever had.

started off well enough but now all he does as use himself like a battering ram, where is bowman ? heard he was one of the players off in January, but we will need him for yaccies, will he be on the money or head elsewhere ?

Game plan went out the window after ten minutes, which you can’t really legislate for. It would have been interesting to see how the change of set up would have played out.

I thought Tait did really well as a makeshift center back, especially against the nous of Boyd and an in form Greg Stewart. Grimshaw also provided a few Cadden-esque out balls. Gorrin improved a little in the second half, but I don’t see him getting regular starts, he’s way off the pace.

We kept them down to shots from distance, but couldn’t really create anything ourselves. Aldred has a decent chance from a corner, and when things are going for you Bigi’s volley finds someone at the back post.

Main and Johnson getting themselves booked for off the ball stuff / dissent is just idiotic. That was the last thing we needed.

Don’t know what sort of team we’ll put out on Saturday, I’d assume maguire and Aldred in the middle, unless Hartley can come back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kilmarnock could have scored 3, 4, 5 today while our first meaningful effort on goal was in the 87th minute.

Was far from our worst performance recently but Kilmarnock showed us how far we are behind teams with good coaching and organisation.

Curtis Main  - we cannot continue to have players behave like that.  Manager needs to get serious with these players who, it looks to me, are just chucking it.

Scunnered yet again.sometimes you need a wee bit of luck go your way and we never got that today,we were right up against it with having to make 3 substituitions so early on but the bottom line is,there is nothing happening on the pitch,were just a poor poor side that lacks any kind of quality and ideas.im actually glad main won't be playing against accies now as he's absolutely rotten,he would be one of the first players we should be getting shot of in January.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mfc said:

Scunnered yet again.sometimes you need a wee bit of luck go your way and we never got that today,we were right up against it with having to make 3 substituitions so early on but the bottom line is,there is nothing happening on the pitch,were just a poor poor side that lacks any kind of quality and ideas.im actually glad main won't be playing against accies now as he's absolutely rotten,he would be one of the first players we should be getting shot of in January.

rumour is main wants to go home, tell me when he wants picked up, I will gladly take him 

Difficult one to take. Unlucky with injuries and ref was rank rotten. However, we struggled to string 2 passes against a poor (on the day) Killie side. Glad they played Boyd or we could have been hammered. Might have been different if Frear had scored at end of the first half. Need a couple of new faces, I wonder if it will be Robbo doing the signing if we loose on Saturday. COYW.

1 hour ago, smiddy said:

started off well enough but now all he does as use himself like a battering ram, where is bowman ? heard he was one of the players off in January, but we will need him for yaccies, will he be on the money or head elsewhere ?

Rumour has it he is off to Exeter  bye bye